Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

8 hours ago, Xen said:

Watching him skate live is an experience! It's many degrees of awesome, and he is far more captivating live than on TV. =) I always wondered how people could concentrate on a little figure in the center of a giant sheet of ice waving their limbs about-and then I saw him live. Him and Javi both.

Have fun and good luck with the SP tickets. Cheer him on for all of us who can't go cheer for him live.

Watching him live is an incredible experience...I can't describe how awesome it is. 

I'll cheer him on for all of you with all my strength :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

It's better this way, so she can start saving up for GPF :war:

:tongueyuzu:

(I still haven't lost the hope that he would come to Europe next season...maybe Finlandia, or one of the GP events?:war:)

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

How last minute can last minute get? I think I'm into nanoseconds now.

Yup, it will be very interesting to discover how will I organize for my Chinese and Japanese history for the 21st, remembering that all the competitions are night time. I might just give up on life! Looking forward to figuring it out xD 

I just got a whole stack of origami sheets because hey, if I'm going to procrastinate... Swans and cranes for luck coming up from me, too.

Getting the orgiamii sheets:

Husband: Honey, you got something from Amazon.

Me: Ah yes, it's the origami stuff.

Husband: Origami stuff?

Me: Yes, it's for our project.

Husband: *indicates him and me, with a look of 'oh shit did I forget something'*: Our project?

Me: *muttering* No, not our project...

Husband: Then whose... Wait, is it a Hanyu project?

Me: Yes...

Husband: You're all making cranes for luck, aren't you.

Me: Kinda... Also swans...

Husband: You do you, honey. You do you.

Dunno if I should feel lucky or deeply embarrassed, really.

On 2018/1/31 at 8:17 PM, OhYuzu said:

Heyaaa~~~  How is the Super blue blood moon there at your place? :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid: What a way to end this month!!  :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I saw it on my way back home from shopping and imagined someone burning huge incense or smoking a huge cigar in the distance.
It looked strange and beautiful. 
I thought of SEIMEI too, since observing the stars was a part of Seimei’s job. I wonder how he interpreted it and what he did as an onmyoji. (I have been his fan since long before he got portrayed by two of my favorite people, Mansai Nomura and Yuzuru Hanyu. Looking forward to seeing him on the ice again.)

I had a pack of beautiful Hokusai origami paper for Christmas - the swan design in the instructions is simpler than the one in the general thread.  I was going to have a go this afternoon but the paper is so pretty I'm afraid of spoiling it and I'm feeling a bit Februaryish and meh today so I had a Chopin wallow on YouTube instead.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:53 AM, Xen said:

Watching him skate live is an experience! It's many degrees of awesome, and he is far more captivating live than on TV. =) I always wondered how people could concentrate on a little figure in the center of a giant sheet of ice waving their limbs about-and then I saw him live. Him and Javi both.

The other night I watched balcony fancams of Helsinki Worlds (because I'm still obsessively worried about my not so great World's seats) and only three specs of skaters stood out to me: Yuzu, Javi, and Deniss. You can really tell how empty programs are from a distance and skaters who just "pose" through the choreography, rather than feel it, can't seem to project beyond the boards. How surprisingly dull some of them are without close-ups of their intense facial expressions! Of course, I've only seen Deniss live but even then he stood out above everyone else. 

9 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I had a pack of beautiful Hokusai origami paper for Christmas - the swan design in the instructions is simpler than the one in the general thread.  I was going to have a go this afternoon but the paper is so pretty I'm afraid of spoiling it and I'm feeling a bit Februaryish and meh today so I had a Chopin wallow on YouTube instead.

The folding is kind of relaxing. Something for hands to do fairly precisely, so it seems to counter the worrying, which usually comes with fidgeting fingers for me. And the bright colours are nice, too. I'm setting them out on top of the bed's headboard. I'm finishing up all the purples and gold-yellows first, though. And I'm getting a lot of practice before I get really nice origami paper.

Of course, I could just do the ironing to give the fidgeting fingers something precise to do, but where's the fun in that? :laughing:

10 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Origami is fun even without using a proper origami paper. I folded a pack of Siberian huskies with groundwood paper and wrapping paper in preparation to fold good-looking ones for new year cards and still keep the whole pack because they are cute:68468287:

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

The other night I watched balcony fancams of Helsinki Worlds (because I'm still obsessively worried about my not so great World's seats) and only three specs of skaters stood out to me: Yuzu, Javi, and Deniss. You can really tell how empty programs are from a distance and skaters who just "pose" through the choreography, rather than feel it, can't seem to project beyond the boards. How surprisingly dull some of them are without close-ups of their intense facial expressions! Of course, I've only seen Deniss live but even then he stood out above everyone else. 

For me, Loco looked better on TV than via Fancam, and Patrick Chan usually looked better via fancam than on TV. Javi usually feels the same, since I saw him at ACI I think this season's Long is better than last season's in the projecting department.  Boyang feels similar.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

For me, Loco looked better on TV than via Fancam, and Patrick Chan usually looked better via fancam than on TV. Javi usually feels the same, since I saw him at ACI I think this season's Long is better than last season's in the projecting department.  Boyang feels similar.

Speaking as a Loco fan, I was surprised how dull it was on fancam. o_o

For some reason I skipped Pchan when I was watching, I think because I found last season's FS a bit boring, but just watched the Enrique fancam (OLEEEEEE!) and it's gorrrrrgeous! Miles better than TV, you're right! I wish that beach bum would show up at Worlds.

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Speaking as a Loco fan, I was surprised how dull it was on fancam. o_o

For some reason I skipped Pchan when I was watching, I think because I found last season's FS a bit boring, but just watched the Enrique fancam (OLEEEEEE!) and it's gorrrrrgeous! Miles better than TV, you're right! I wish that beach bum would show up at Worlds.

I think he would? He goes to a lot of competitions. His fancam content could probably start a gofundme campaign-what would we do without his daring, bold fancams?