Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

7 minutes ago, weiyan said:

oh matlab :ohno: I'm glad that I don't have to see it anymore :coffee: 

i mean it's not COMPLETELY terrible but... probably the kind of problems you have to solve when using matlab are what caused me the headaches :P

The graphs were very nice though!

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

i mean it's not COMPLETELY terrible but... probably the kind of problems you have to solve when using matlab are what caused me the headaches :P

The graphs were very nice though!

haha yes! I enjoy using matlab sometimes, but when something goes wrong it kind of drives me crazy :banginghead:

but it is all over for me though :text-line-smiley-123: and I think I have returned most of the knowledge and skills of matlab to my lecturer (I have not touched matlab since I have graduated, I am better at CAD now :text-line-smiley-073: )

9 hours ago, Puniyo said:

I've been running a fever these past two days... any good home remedies? Paracetamol makes me so sleepy... :sad-smiley-046:

I think it changes from person to person, but every time I'm struck with fever, I lay in bed, I try to sweat as much as possible but I keep a wet towel for the face, I don't eat anything (or just vegetable broth), I sleep a lot (fever dreams come forth). Try to avoid the pc or cellphone because it tires your eyes. If you give yourself a complete rest, you should come off of it. 

14 hours ago, GoldMedalist said:

I started a new job in february (6 month contract) and today i got a call from my boss who said  i don't need to come to work tomorrow and on friday, bc there is not enough work right now (which is true) and now i'm worried   i'm going to lose my job if this problem continues. :smiley-sad058:

It depends on your contract? Is there a possibility in there that they can end the contract within that 6 months?

I wish you good luck though. :fingerscrossed:

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I think it changes from person to person, but every time I'm struck with fever, I lay in bed, I try to sweat as much as possible but I keep a wet towel for the face, I don't eat anything (or just vegetable broth), I sleep a lot (fever dreams come forth). Try to avoid the pc or cellphone because it tires your eyes. If you give yourself a complete rest, you should come off of it. 

I can't call sick leave unfortunately... but chinese medicine has helped a lot.

Thanks for the advice though:coffee:

14 hours ago, Saya said:

This year was so wierd. I stayed in the sidelines of my own life for an entire year. I don't feel like myself anymore. I see the changes in me, I aknowledge them and I know there will come a time I will regret everything. I have regrets, even now, yet this submissivness is making it hard for me to go back to who I was. It's like, I know what the cure to my illness is, yet proceding with the treatment frightens me more than whatever complications may occur in the future. Where did this cowardice come from?

This is just what I have been felt since I got into my new company and basically for the last year and so... I kind of learnt to cope with it... kind of getting sick and everything... but I believe things will improve :coffee:

So cheers! Life is great so get your courage back :party0012:

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

It depends on your contract? Is there a possibility in there that they can end the contract within that 6 months?

I wish you good luck though. :fingerscrossed:

I guess they can do whatever they want.... I hope i can stay longer than 6 months, i've been unemployed for almost 5 years :smiley-shocked034: This country is a mess

But thank you :thankyou:

The moment when one book tells you the final 'u' is not pronounced in Japanese, while another always lists it, and the country itself is called a different name in either book. Among several other things my 3 self-study books don't agree on. What the heck, books, that's no way to treat a newbie. :th_grave:

On 13. 5. 2017 at 22:16, Hydroblade said:

I got 100 points in my Japanese test today :D! Kanji wasn't obligatory but I used the ones I know and I did well <3

And next week I get to wear a yukata <3 I tried one today and I have to say I felt really comfortable wearing it <3

Congrats, Hydroblade! You are an inspiration to me.

14 minutes ago, surimi said:

The moment when one book tells you the final 'u' is not pronounced in Japanese, while another always lists it, and the country itself is called a different name in either book. Among several other things my 3 self-study books don't agree on. What the heck, books, that's no way to treat a newbie. :th_grave:

Congrats, Hydroblade! You are an inspiration to me.

Hmm... the pronunciation of the final u depends... on many things lol. I don't think it's something set in stone. And it's not like it's not pronounced, it is but... barely :P #justjapanesethings (I can't learn on my own with books though! I have to pick up the things by myself. Books confuse me)

And thank you :biggrin: although i could hardly be called an inspiration, i started learning when i was still a child and it was still easy so... :P i cheated a bit!

4 hours ago, GoldMedalist said:

I guess they can do whatever they want.... I hope i can stay longer than 6 months, i've been unemployed for almost 5 years :smiley-shocked034: This country is a mess

But thank you :thankyou:

If it is not there in the contract that they can terminate your employment with immediate effect, then they just can't fire you from one day to another.

I love your country btw, it's beautiful :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Hmm... the pronunciation of the final u depends... on many things lol. I don't think it's something set in stone. And it's not like it's not pronounced, it is but... barely :P #justjapanesethings (I can't learn on my own with books though! I have to pick up the things by myself. Books confuse me)

And thank you :biggrin: although i could hardly be called an inspiration, i started learning when i was still a child and it was still easy so... :P i cheated a bit!

Ah, thanks. Yup, they are rather confusing, but I have to use the time before my summer beginner course starts in July. My worst fear is that I turn up and everyone turns out to be just a self-doubting pre-intermediate, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I hate to be the loser when it comes to language learning. actually, I hate not being the best! :laughing:

Hey, people, I've just noticed, where have the sigs gone? 8o Or where do I enable them?

16 minutes ago, surimi said:

Ah, thanks. Yup, they are rather confusing, but I have to use the time before my summer beginner course starts in July. My worst fear is that I turn up and everyone turns out to be just a self-doubting pre-intermediate, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. I hate to be the loser when it comes to language learning. actually, I hate not being the best! :laughing:

Hey, people, I've just noticed, where have the sigs gone? 8o Or where do I enable them?

You can enable sigs in your account settings (not to be confused with 'profile') :grin:

7 minutes ago, ShiroKJ said:

I'm pissed because I got 3 paper cuts within a few hours so I ended up just wearing gloves the rest of the day. :mad0066:

And white chocolate is gross. Don't try to pass that stuff off as real chocolate. 

My deepest sympathies on both points! Agree re white chocolate!