Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

15 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

liquid meth?! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbbdJC51qz4rgp:
how did that even happen?

I just googled it, jesus.. wasn't the earthquake the other week enough? :sadPooh:
I'm glad you're far away and safe from it at least, is your family ok? Hope all the satellites from mexico are safe..

I don't know how it happened, but they banned the sales of anything Pepsi...

And yup, it's terrible, we're looking at the news on Facebook and man... Horrible. 

My family is fine, we live very far from Mexico City

3 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

This is reallyyy random but does anyone here has any advice on how to talk to strangers.. i mean in real life :laughing:. I get super nervous that ended up not talking at all :sadPooh:

The only thing thing that works for me is accepting that I'm a massive idiot and they are going to find that out as soon as I open my mouth. Calms the nerves when you know the outcome and gives you the upper hand. :kitty:

That being said, I don't generally start conversations unless someone is coming towards me with a cute dog so I will gladly accept advice, too. :snpeace:

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

This is reallyyy random but does anyone here has any advice on how to talk to strangers.. i mean in real life :laughing:. I get super nervous that ended up not talking at all :sadPooh:

Take something about them with which you might start a conversation whose focus isn't the talk itself or the person itself! If they're eating something, try and ask something about what they're eating, where they bought it (because you are hungry and that thing seems tasty) - if they are wearing something or have dyed hair, you could shily make a compliment about it, or if it's a nerdy shirt, you could share your love for that. If you are in a building so you're studying/working in the same area, you could also just say that you've seen them around many times but weren't sure about which courses they took/which area they worked, and you want to know more people just because. 

The only thing who can make you more comfortable is practice, I know because I've had a lot of practice for the last year - before, I was super anxious and had trouble picking up the phone or calling people or being stopped by flier people on the street asking for signatures and just generally looking at people in the eyes.

Something that can help is also thinking, at least for that span of time, that there's nothing wrong with talking to them, they don't think you're a bother (most people like being approached, unless you're a schizophrenic drunkard on a bus screaming at birds, or something), you are not a boring person and if you're kind, they will appreciate talking to you. You don't need to be particularily charming to have a nice conversation that leaves both people smiling c: 

(omg I talk too much goddamn)

I am finally done with exams. It's been a rough 2-month long exam period (and especially the last 3 days were rough) but I'm finally done and can focus on ACI and I have a vacation to look forward to which conveniently ends a few days before I have to leave for CoR.... LIFE IS GOOD

let's just pretend exam results are not a real concept

At NHK Trophy last year, I had a chat with a lady sitting next to me. The topic of conversation was her nails because she had beautiful H&L nails. So yes, nails can be a good indicator to find fellow Hanyu fans, and they can be a good topic to start a conversation too.:smile:

3 minutes ago, Anony said:

Why not, hummus is delicious and deserves it's own way of telling time tell me your secrets, like where did you get 1 kg of hummus

At my local supermarket. I wouldn’t have known but a cute little girl next to me was helping her mum do the shopping and when told to get hummus thought that the giantest tub that was as big as her head would be the best choice. It was also way down low at tiny child height so I never saw it before.

Moral of the story: follow tiny children around supermarkets. They will lead you to the treasure.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

At my local supermarket. I wouldn’t have known but a cute little girl next to me was helping her mum do the shopping and when told to get hummus thought that the giantest tub that was as big as her head would be the best choice. It was also way down low at tiny child height so I never saw it before.

Moral of the story: follow tiny children around supermarkets. They will lead you to the treasure.

welp, I know what I'm doing when I go grocery shopping. Hello 1kg tub of hummus