Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

13 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I am having major headaches over time differences- missed half the first groups last weekend because I keep forgetting about bloody BST.  I am going to miss ACI and the World Gymnastics championships at the end of the month/beginning of October because I'm abroad.   Am I doing the maths right ( I'm innumerate) - Montreal is 6 hours behind the Mediterranean countries and 5 behind the UK?  Which means if it's IPM in Montreal it's 7PM in Sicily and 6 pm in the uk?  Because even if I can't watch it if I'm at an airport or a port I should be able to find out whether YH and KU are winning or not?

Yes, Montréal is 6 hours behind Mediterranean/Middle-European countries, and 5 behind UK. I always use this site if I am not sure about times and timezones. It's very useful!

9 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Thank you! You're a lifesaver - I have never been able to wrap my brain around this stuff- that site is a brilliant resource - I've bookmarked it- thank you again :thanks:

The calendar here already has three times in your local time :)

It's not just my local time - though you're right I should probably have been able to sort that out from here last weekend - it's moving around.  I've missed appointments in Malta and turned up an hour late to a restaurant booking in Italy because I can't deal with the time changes - you've no idea how useful that site is going to be.  In the olden days the pilot used to remind you of local time when you landed - budget airlines don't run to that!

I'm afraid in my day if you could pass the minimum maths and one science qualification requirement to matriculate and you were strong on the humanities and crap at sciences and maths they let you get away with it. ( well I'm quite glad actually because I just can't imagine being able to just do the arithmetic)

On 9/4/2017 at 5:30 AM, Fay said:

Oh, I can read and understand French, but I can't speak it to save my life.

On my first trip to Paris in 2014, I wanted to show off my French and said to one of the cashier " De rien " and then she looked a bit off after hearing it, ( my daughter said the way I spoke it sounded like " derrière ":facepalm:

Yuzu dream number 5: We are at a sort of water park and I am in a room with a group of people, like we are waiting for Yuzu to maybe come. Suddently he enters the room and shakes hands with someone. When he comes to me, I try to compose myself and tell him stuff in Japanese. But as I am saying 'Yuzuru, arigatou' he interrumps me and takes my hand and we go to the ferris wheel together. He is very cheerful the whole time, and I am beyond happy.

Then I think "Oh my God I have to tell my friends on Planet Hanyu of my experience!!!" and then I wake up xD

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Yuzu dream number 5: We are at a sort of water park and I am in a room with a group of people, like we are waiting for Yuzu to maybe come. Suddently he enters the room and shakes hands with someone. When he comes to me, I try to compose myself and tell him stuff in Japanese. But as I am saying 'Yuzuru, arigatou' he interrumps me and takes my hand and we go to the ferris wheel together. He is very cheerful the whole time, and I am beyond happy.

Then I think "Oh my God I have to tell my friends on Planet Hanyu of my experience!!!" and then I wake up xD

Thanks for keeping us in your mind during your happiest moments :rofl: 

I wonder if Yuzu likes amusement parks

8 hours ago, Anony said:

Something quite litteraly crawled up my ventilation and died, the guestroom smells like a corpse now:tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Yesterday a cat came on the steps of our door and peed just there. As soon as we opened the door, the living room was flooded with terrible terrible smell :laughing:

Talk of cats and smells. I took an iron supplement this morning and it made by breath smell like catfood. :ohno: It was so unpleasant, I immediately thought you'd all love to hear about it.

In other, more soul-crushing news, of course the airline I'm planning to fly with announce a fly to Japan, return for free sale before I can confirm my tickets for NHK/GPF. :13877886: Why teh fek? Fork my life. :13877886: