Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

1 hour ago, Fay said:

Being a teacher isn't easy. :embSwan:

Yeah but my teachers used to be late allllll the time!! especially my classroom teacher. 

Well she got married and divorced twice during the 5 years she taught my class so in retrospect I assume she had an unstable lifestyle. I never liked her, she was the type of teacher to bully the less popular kids along with her students and that's really the worst a teacher can do. Probably bc she wanted to belong to the cool kids- She told us that she started smoking bc no one liked her back in school and she wanted to belong to the cool kids (LOL) and she definitely projected that on her students. Some people really shouldn't be teachers. She was also the one who told me I shouldn't choose French as an elective bc I have no talent for learning languages (She was my English teacher and did plenty of discouraging there too.) Good thing my parents knew me better and told me to choose French anyway. She was also pretty racist and engaged in encouraging prejudice against certain groups of immigrants. I was the only student from said group of immigrants in class and well... let's just say it was a dark time. 

LOL sorry this ended up being a rant abt the worst teacher in my memory but it fits into this thread I guess

1 minute ago, robin said:

Yeah but my teachers used to be late allllll the time!! especially my classroom teacher. 

Well she got married and divorced twice during the 5 years she taught my class so in retrospect I assume she had an unstable lifestyle. I never liked her, she was the type of teacher to bully the less popular kids along with her students and that's really the worst a teacher can do. Probably bc she wanted to belong to the cool kids- She told us that she started smoking bc no one liked her back in school and she wanted to belong to the cool kids (LOL) and she definitely projected that on her students. Some people really shouldn't be teachers. She was also the one who told me I shouldn't choose French as an elective bc I have no talent for learning languages (She was my English teacher and did plenty of discouraging there too.) Good thing my parents knew me better and told me to choose French anyway. She was also pretty racist and engaged in encouraging prejudice against certain groups of immigrants. I was the only student from said group of immigrants in class and well... let's just say it was a dark time. 

LOL sorry this ended up being a rant abt the worst teacher in my memory but it fits into this thread I guess

I can empathize with it - I had an awful teacher of French put me off it for life. 

1 minute ago, Fay said:

I can empathize with it - I had an awful teacher of French put me off it for life. 

Oh actually my last two French teachers were horrible and I ended up hating class. 8 years of French and all that stuck with me is "Je deteste parler Francais" and I'm pretty sure there's errors in this sentence, as well. (Sorry to any French people reading this) 

11 minutes ago, robin said:

Oh actually my last two French teachers were horrible and I ended up hating class. 8 years of French and all that stuck with me is "Je deteste parler Francais" and I'm pretty sure there's errors in this sentence, as well. (Sorry to any French people reading this) 

Oh, I can read and understand French, but I can't speak it to save my life.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Got lost in the time-space continuum and made it to work an hour later than I should have done. For the first time in the 23 years. Totally embarrassed now. 

And you didn't even have to stay up late for FS competitions in the weekend! Tsk tsk. :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Fay said:

Oh, I can read and understand French, but I can't speak it to save my life.

The only success I had with French is that time I could communicate that I don't want olives on my Pizza and my Pizza really did not have olives when it arrived. I was so proud that day. 

Just now, Fay said:

Which is even more embarrassing. :( 

It's okay. :consoling2: I overslept the previous Monday despite having woken up at 6am (I just fell back asleep, which is completely unlike me) and arrived nearly an hour late too. 

2 hours ago, robin said:

The only success I had with French is that time I could communicate that I don't want olives on my Pizza and my Pizza really did not have olives when it arrived. I was so proud that day. 

My success was half understanding a Frenchman speak French very slowly. He got tired because I had to talk that slow. 

I was watching a new episode of my favorite tv drama "Halt and Catch Fire" (totally recommend!) and one of the characters was like: "Tonya and Nancy! You don't want to miss this event!" and they started watching a 90-s figure skating competition. I totally screamed because this came out of nowhere, haha :laughing: Now I love this show even more :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: 

And now I'll have to read about Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan :laughing: 

I just realized i have A LOT of pics of my own BEARy important companion. Not Pooh but a bear in a bunny suit.  (I totally get Yuzu+Pooh, this plushie has been with me for a long time and it did start out as a source of comfort...)

You know the traveling gnome thing? I kinda do the same with this bearbunny but i take it with me when there's a chance i can take weird pics with it.

This is one of the recent ones:

20767911_1565636786790604_89432703705583

Can't wait to take pics in Canada :rofl:i have been doing this since 2008 it's like a tradition now:rofl:

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I just realized i have A LOT of pics of my own BEARy important companion. Not Pooh but a bear in a bunny suit.  (I totally get Yuzu+Pooh, this plushie has been with me for a long time and it did start out as a source of comfort...)

You know the traveling gnome thing? I kinda do the same with this bearbunny but i take it with me when there's a chance i can take weird pics with it.

This is one of the recent ones:

20767911_1565636786790604_89432703705583

Can't wait to take pics in Canada :rofl:i have been doing this since 2008 it's like a tradition now:rofl:

It always reminds me of this:

5e548449aae3192371332a1b57ed1213.jpg

I am having major headaches over time differences- missed half the first groups last weekend because I keep forgetting about bloody BST.  I am going to miss ACI and the World Gymnastics championships at the end of the month/beginning of October because I'm abroad.   Am I doing the maths right ( I'm innumerate) - Montreal is 6 hours behind the Mediterranean countries and 5 behind the UK?  Which means if it's IPM in Montreal it's 7PM in Sicily and 6 pm in the uk?  Because even if I can't watch it if I'm at an airport or a port I should be able to find out whether YH and KU are winning or not?