Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

2 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Thanks! I’m still in the middle of limerick posts and starting to feel lonely because every fun fest I read is seemed to be over now :laughing:

There's a poetry thread now :biggrin: the fun continues there :biggrin: (in fact we have a lot of new threads <3 )

6 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

There's a poetry thread now :biggrin: the fun continues there :biggrin: (in fact we have a lot of new threads <3 )

OK, I’ll drop by after I finish General thread…(I don’t know whether I’m :yes2: or :13877886:)

22 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I’ve seen a few episodes of Naotora with my family this summer and I can relate to your post. The character played by Issei Takahashi was so wise, determined, true to himself, but unfortunate. Now he is gone, and another interesting character played by an interesting actor is about to die. My mother and I wondered how fans would survive this series of farewells after watching the latest episode.

I hate to watch most of Taiga dramas after September because in most cases the last few months of Taiga are all about saying good-bye to favorite supporting roles. It’s inevitable because Taiga is based on history but…:tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Masatsugu Ono is one of the most successful characters I've ever seen in a tv series! Ever! He really took double-crossing to a whole new level... I've always loved his character since episode 1, when I saw he probably had feelings for Otowa as children but kept it to himself when he saw her and Kame be all happy together, but I kept loving him more and more as time progressed, because he was hated unfairly by everone even when he did not deserve it. My favourite episode is definitely the one where Naotora finally understands his tactic of protecting the Ii by faking to be an enemy... It was made so well, I don't think his plan was obvious for a lot of viewers. I definitely didn't understand him fully up until that moment. 

The tv series is not going to be the same without him... nor the other character that you've also mentioned. 

Did you see Nobunaga Concerto? Issei Takahashi has a role there too, and it's an unfortunate role, as well... poor him, he is always chosen for suffering characters! :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Masatsugu Ono is one of the most successful characters I've ever seen in a tv series! Ever! He really took double-crossing to a whole new level... I've always loved his character since episode 1, when I saw he probably had feelings for Otowa as children but kept it to himself when he saw her and Kame be all happy together, but I kept loving him more and more as time progressed, because he was hated unfairly by everone even when he did not deserve it. My favourite episode is definitely the one where Naotora finally understands his tactic of protecting the Ii by faking to be an enemy... It was made so well, I don't think his plan was obvious for a lot of viewers. I definitely didn't understand him fully up until that moment. 

The tv series is not going to be the same without him... nor the other character that you've also mentioned. 

Did you see Nobunaga Concerto? Issei Takahashi has a role there too, and it's an unfortunate role, as well... poor him, he is always chosen for suffering characters! :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I haven’t seen Nobunaga Concerto, but he played Nagamasa Azai, right? Another famous tragic historical figure...  I remember Issei Takahashi playing many funny roles in offbeat comedies such as Odd Family 11 and Wagahai wa shufu de aru, but when he joined in serious drama he tends to portray someone unfortunate or lonely. Why?:scratch2:

I haven’t seen many of earlier episodes of Naotora because I have been too busy following FS this year, :laughing: but seeing last few episodes and reading your post made me want to watch the entire episodes I have missed. I loved Masatsugu’s reaction when he heard one of his retainers say, “We’ve been fooling you too, my lord, pretending not to know that you were fooling us,” because it showed how he had been alone and longing to be understood, but seeing earlier episodes would make such scenes even more meaningful...

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I haven’t seen Nobunaga Concerto, but he played Nagamasa Azai, right? Another famous tragic historical figure...  I remember Issei Takahashi playing many funny roles in offbeat comedies such as Odd Family 11 and Wagahai wa shufu de aru, but when he joined in serious drama he tends to portray someone unfortunate or lonely. Why?:scratch2:

I haven’t seen many of earlier episodes of Naotora because I have been too busy following FS this year, :laughing: but seeing last few episodes and reading your post made me want to watch the entire episodes I have missed. I loved Masatsugu’s reaction when he heard one of his retainers say, “We’ve been fooling you too, my lord, pretending not to know that you were fooling us,” because it showed how he had been alone and longing to be understood, but seeing earlier episodes would make such scenes even more meaningful...

Awww I still haven't seen that scene with English subtitles so I didn't quite understand precisely what they were saying, but Masatsugu's face said it all...! :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Yes, he played Nagamasa Azai... I think the roles given to him have a lot to do with his face... he has an expressive face, but an excellent poker face, so he is the ideal character that hides his emotions and his true feelings up until the very end. Even in the comical drama Tamiou, he playe the triple-faced character that seems to betray the protagonist but at the end he was faithful all along :laughing: In any case, his acting is supreme. He's extremely good both in comedy and in drama. 

I haven't seen Odd Family. You aren't referring to "The great horror family", right? I have made it a mission of mine to watch everything he acted in :laughing:

58 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Awww I still haven't seen that scene with English subtitles so I didn't quite understand precisely what they were saying, but Masatsugu's face said it all...! :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Yes, he played Nagamasa Azai... I think the roles given to him have a lot to do with his face... he has an expressive face, but an excellent poker face, so he is the ideal character that hides his emotions and his true feelings up until the very end. Even in the comical drama Tamiou, he playe the triple-faced character that seems to betray the protagonist but at the end he was faithful all along :laughing: In any case, his acting is supreme. He's extremely good both in comedy and in drama. 

I haven't seen Odd Family. You aren't referring to "The great horror family", right? I have made it a mission of mine to watch everything he acted in :laughing:

I was referring to “Juichi nin mo iru”, which features him only in episode 6-7. It’s a good comedy written by Kankuro Kudo and fun to watch, but if you like Issei Takahashi you should watch The Great Horror Family (Kaiki daikazoku) because he played the leading role.

34 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

I was referring to “Juichi nin mo iru”, which features him only in episode 6-7. It’s a good comedy written by Kankuro Kudo and fun to watch, but if you like Issei Takahashi you should watch The Great Horror Family (Kaiki daikazoku) because he played the leading role.

I watched it, and it was fairly entertaining because its comedy was just absurd xD But I'm gonna check out that other series as well! 

Unrelated to everything else, but I think I might have overcome the limit to Yuzuru Program replays for the day... I haven't studied a single thing today besides some Kanji, but on the other hand, I've watched every single major victory Yuzuru had in his senior carreer... I'm such a busy person...

Finally I decided to drop by here :biggrin:

Yesterday I was at ONE OK ROCK concert :dancingpooh: no Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer for me but anyway guys are great! It was in not a very big club so the crowd was mostly fans (can't call myself a fan, don't know all the songs even, but like the band), sang a lot to the songs, so the atmosphere was great :smile:  and ahhhhh Toru :10636614:

And today I got my season and FaOI photobooks :devilYuzu: so now I'm drinking them in with a glass of rose wine in my hand... yeah, it's really a good evening :13877886:

On 2017/8/31 at 6:08 AM, Hydroblade said:

That's the guy who wrote Amachan, right? God, i crushed HARD on Fukushi Sota there :rofl:

Yes, he wrote Amachan, and Sota Fukushi in that series was one of the cutest senpai in dramas ever! He is also a good actor. I was amazed by his Tohoku dialect because it sounded so natural. No wonder Yuzu mentioned him when he was asked to name an actor whom he wanted to play his role if a movie would be made based on his life.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

his Tohoku dialect because it sounded so natural

Honestly, that IS one of the reasons i crushed so hard on him. It was my first time listening to the Tohoku dialect, the aunties sounded endearing but my reaction when i heard him talk was the same as Aki's :rofl: (def said "kakkeeeeeeee" lol) There was just something i liked about it :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:Of course the other reason is that he is really handsome lol

I laughed at his cake tamagoyaki tho

Guest turquoiseblue
On 31/08/2017 at 0:46 AM, Neenah said:

Did Youtube have plastic surgery or something  .. it looks different  :unsure:

I kind of like the dark theme :tumblr_inline_mlrwziJrSX1qz4rgp: