Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Greatest of respect to both of you- I'm not a good enough pianist for Chopin- my daughter plays the Raindrop Prelude for me. The harp must be fiendishly difficult.  Best of luck to you both.

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg, where did you find the sheets for Requiem??? I've searched them everywhere! Did you buy them? I've found one or two versions, I think, that had to be bought. I definitely wanted to do Requiem as well, and it would have been my first choice (after having done Hope and Legacy) hadn't the sheets been so hard to find. 

Edit: Also, the harp is a wonderful instrument! Please let me hear your finished work if you'd like c: 

I also searched everywhere, and in the end I ordered the sheet music on CD Japan, here. 

It was the only site from which I coud get the Requiem in my country, I think. Yes, I realized there are some little differences to Yuzu's music, but they're all variations that the performer can safely enter into the song without any problems. The real problem is that I'm working, but I go very slowly because I always have to give priority to the music I've to do for lessons. And sometimes I'm so slow I would cry. 

But when I've finished, I hope I can show off a good performance:knc_yuzu2:

8 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Greatest of respect to both of you- I'm not a good enough pianist for Chopin- my daughter plays the Raindrop Prelude for me. The harp must be fiendishly difficult.  Best of luck to you both.

Currently, I think the only wery difficult thing is to use those evil pedals. And of course playing in front of others. I'm terrible if anyone watches me.

1 hour ago, CiaoCiao said:

And of course playing in front of others. I'm terrible if anyone watches me.

Skills automatically go down by 75%. It's just Maths. Nothing we can do about it, right??:winky:

*When you've had a meltdown during your last concert in high school because of anxiety but you're trying to play it cool*

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Skills automatically go down by 75%. It's just Maths. Nothing we can do about it, right??:winky:

*When you've had a meltdown during your last concert in high school because of anxiety but you're trying to play it cool*

Last concert after playing I left stumbling into the music stand and trembling. But I'm sure there must be a solution.:idk:

Never give up!:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

1 hour ago, CiaoCiao said:

Last concert after playing I left stumbling into the music stand and trembling. But I'm sure there must be a solution.:idk:

Never give up!:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

Yuzuru is such an inspiration for these reasons as well :tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:he is affected by anxiety and is not always perfect, but he never gives up and sometimes he gets what he wants!

OMG I did a stupid thing two nights ago--my coworker was asking if I could switch shifts with her on August 25th and she'll be working on the 22nd for me. I thought oh NOT BAD cos it's around my father's birthday that way we could celebrate. Only now do I realize that the 25th here in the US is the sales for NHK Trophy tickets. I want to kill myself now. :sadPooh:

EDIT: Okay I sent an emergency text to someone who could potentially switch with me hahaha and she said yes :knc_yuzu2: yessssssss

I had to r**** my horse last year because he never completely healed enough for riding after a tendon injury (and we tried. Oh, how we tried). Now, the mare I've been riding since then just got diagnosed with a tendon injury herself.

I feel like I'm cursed :tumblr_lu9vui99SZ1qcfn0j:

3 hours ago, Valkyria said:

I had to r**** my horse last year because he never completely healed enough for riding after a tendon injury (and we tried. Oh, how we tried). Now, the mare I've been riding since then just got diagnosed with a tendon injury herself.

I feel like I'm cursed :tumblr_lu9vui99SZ1qcfn0j:

I am sorry to hear this. I wish her a full and quick recovery (I hope the chances are good! :tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6:)

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I am sorry to hear this. I wish her a full and quick recovery (I hope the chances are good! :tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6:)

Time will tell. For now, she's gotten herself a long, chill vacation of doing nothing but eat (she's not complaining XD)

...aaand I'm not touching the flying roaches convo with a ten feet pole. I'm not a person who's usually afraid or disgusted by bugs, but we get those in the coast and they're freaking horrible :smiley-scared007: