Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

3 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

The logo for Internationaux de France makes my eyes hurt

gpfra2017_logo.png

Is this a galaxy or something? 

And just curiosity, is the logo imprinted in the medals as well? 

On 7/19/2017 at 0:05 AM, SparkleSalad said:

5 years ago, after years of being sick already, I became bedridden overnight. Every day since I've been trying to claw my way out of a deep hole in the sand andmaking the slowest progress trying to get back to the land of the upright. I haven't run since. 

I just ran. Well, sprinted in bursts, but as fast as I could, right around the edge of the park. I don't know how but it happened out of nowhere. I had enough energy to do it. I feel okay having done it. I want to do it again.

I don't think it would have happened if I hadn't accidentally seen the World Championships this year. It's given me something to hope for and look forward to and this fellow Hanyu has been the biggest inspiration of all to me. (Of course that alone doesn't make you better.) I had a dream after that that I was running and though I don't believe in signs I just felt that maybe I could get well enough somehow. And now it's happened, though I'm still so far from normal.

I feel like I need someone in the universe to know. I told my family but for whatever reason they don't seem to care or understand how huge and miraculous this is for me. So I'll just leave it here and maybe someone can at least enjoy adding it to their collection of how inspirational Hanyu is stories. 

I know Yuzu would be so happy to know this :heart: he really loves knowing that he makes a difference in other people's lives. I feel similarly; he's certainly changed my life forever, that's for sure.

Thank you for sharing and hope you get to run more, whenever & wherever you want :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

I know Yuzu would be so happy to know this :heart: he really loves knowing that he makes a difference in other people's lives. I feel similarly; he's certainly changed my life forever, that's for sure.

Thank you for sharing and hope you get to run more, whenever & wherever you want :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

Thanks so much! :snpeace: Maybe I should put a letter in his present box at NHK Trophy, though I feel odd writing to brilliant people I've never met. I did go running again the next day but haven't since (because I wore my runners I hadn't worn in years and my foot cramped up from all the extra bouncy support. :Poohgaveup:) Trying to feel well enough to go again today, though. I also managed a trip to the art gallery alone without getting too sick. First time in many, many, many years I haven't died from it! 

On 2017-7-25 at 2:24 AM, Murieleirum said:

Oh my God, I am so sorry for all these stories of insects!!

May I lighten up the mood a little by sharing with you the fact that today my mother bought me a pair of rollerblades to use to go from home to work starting september, and in the skating shop there were small fliers with skaters using the skates that they sold in the shop... which were edea skates... and among the fliers... I found a Yuzu!!! I brought it home and hung it in my room. Nice! 

Oh geez, as an insect lover and never-once-killeder, do I even want to read the previous pages?

Nice score on the flier!

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh geez, as an insect lover and never-once-killeder, do I even want to read the previous pages?

Nice score on the flier!

Don't worry about my stories, flying cockroaches are hellspawn and unless you have balls of steel, they win and stay alive

9 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Maybe I am the only one here but I am more afraid of big black spiders than cockroaches. I haven't seen many roaches in my life, though... 

But spiders come in when the weather gets colder (usually in September/October) and I usually find them hiding in my bed or under my clothes... :slinkaway:

Wow, scary!!! :scared0011: I hate bugs ... I don't want to kill them but I'm afraid of them... lol

I'm not sure if this is random enough... but I wanted to let someone know I'm studying Chopin Ballade n.1 specifically to play it in synch with Yuzuru's skating and let me just say, Chopin is a beast. At least, it's putting my average piano skills to real test. :laughing:

I'm currently studying the first crescendo during the second spin and the arpeggios after that, and then it's a piece of cake until I get to the coda. I wonder if I'll really be able to do it. I'm not sure, but I'm trying my best! (that chromatic scale right before the ending scares me so much omg)

I hope all my positive energies towards Chopin will go to aid Yuzuru for this upcoming season. :winky:

3 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm not sure if this is random enough... but I wanted to let someone know I'm studying Chopin Ballade n.1 specifically to play it in synch with Yuzuru's skating and let me just say, Chopin is a beast. At least, it's putting my average piano skills to real test. :laughing:

I'm currently studying the first crescendo during the second spin and the arpeggios after that, and then it's a piece of cake until I get to the coda. I wonder if I'll really be able to do it. I'm not sure, but I'm trying my best! (that chromatic scale right before the ending scares me so much omg)

I hope all my positive energies towards Chopin will go to aid Yuzuru for this upcoming season. :winky:

I wanted to try this synchro thing with the Requiem. Now I've got the sheet music and I'm going to try it with the harp.

Good luck for Chopin:yes2: I think the results will be amazing, and I can't even imagine the feeling of playing a piece with a Yuzu skating on it:heart:

42 minutes ago, CiaoCiao said:

I wanted to try this synchro thing with the Requiem. Now I've got the sheet music and I'm going to try it with the harp.

Good luck for Chopin:yes2: I think the results will be amazing, and I can't even imagine the feeling of playing a piece with a Yuzu skating on it:heart:

Omg, where did you find the sheets for Requiem??? I've searched them everywhere! Did you buy them? I've found one or two versions, I think, that had to be bought. I definitely wanted to do Requiem as well, and it would have been my first choice (after having done Hope and Legacy) hadn't the sheets been so hard to find. 

Edit: Also, the harp is a wonderful instrument! Please let me hear your finished work if you'd like c: