Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

2 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

5 years ago, after years of being sick already, I became bedridden overnight. Every day since I've been trying to claw my way out of a deep hole in the sand andmaking the slowest progress trying to get back to the land of the upright. I haven't run since. 

I just ran. Well, sprinted in bursts, but as fast as I could, right around the edge of the park. I don't know how but it happened out of nowhere. I had enough energy to do it. I feel okay having done it. I want to do it again.

I don't think it would have happened if I hadn't accidentally seen the World Championships this year. It's given me something to hope for and look forward to and this fellow Hanyu has been the biggest inspiration of all to me. (Of course that alone doesn't make you better.) I had a dream after that that I was running and though I don't believe in signs I just felt that maybe I could get well enough somehow. And now it's happened, though I'm still so far from normal.

I feel like I need someone in the universe to know. I told my family but for whatever reason they don't seem to care or understand how huge and miraculous this is for me. So I'll just leave it here and maybe someone can at least enjoy adding it to their collection of how inspirational Hanyu is stories. 

Good for you, and here's a virtual toast to your health! :drinkeat::drink2:It's awesome that once again, watching our favorite skater made someone better, in one sense of the word or another. ^ ^

5 minutes ago, 五十嵐 美幸 said:

Yuzu sorbet, I am totally addicted to Yuzu sorbet in summer!!!

And it nicely fits the occasion, too, I'd say. ;)

And I'll send a thought to the 浅草観音 on your behalf, if you don't mind; that has often worked for me. :)

Ah, it's really cold here but that still sounds good! And that would be very kind of you! (^_^)

5 minutes ago, surimi said:

Good for you, and here's a virtual toast to your health! :drinkeat::drink2:It's awesome that once again, watching our favorite skater made someone better, in one sense of the word or another. ^ ^

Maybe his ema worked!

(I feel a bit embarrassed now.)

4 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Ah, it's really cold here but that still sounds good! And that would be very kind of you! (^_^)

Maybe his ema worked!

(I feel a bit embarrassed now.)

No reason to be embarrassed, at least not in my opinion. I mean, looking for support - for want of a better word - is a good and proactive thing and people are the same offline or on, so why not turn to those online if those off can't or won't provide it?

At least my opinion. ^^; 😅

On 1 luglio 2017 at 9:11 PM, Hydroblade said:

You will come back to hundreds of pages of speculation ha ha, there are no major events scheduled for July

The pages of speculation will be enough for another three weeks ...:dancingpooh:

1 hour ago, Puniyo said:

Aren't they kind of... cute?

Cicadas though... :crazyshit:

Don't be fooled by their cute appearance!! I used to think they were cute back when I was innocent and a baby but then I found out that they release a poisonous secretion when in distress which smells horrible!! After a few experiences with them hanging onto my roof, dying there and falling on my bedsheets, making everything smell I started hating them. The problem is when they come into my room I can't pick them up and throw them out bc it will smell but if I leave them be they die somewhere in my room and make everything smell again!! They're disgusting. My previous post was made after one of them decided to fall on my head while I was minding my own buisness:usrs:

But cicadas are horrible, too, I give you that.

30 minutes ago, robin said:

Don't be fooled by their cute appearance!! I used to think they were cute back when I was innocent and a baby but then I found out that they release a poisonous secretion when in distress which smells horrible!! After a few experiences with them hanging onto my roof, dying there and falling on my bedsheets, making everything smell I started hating them. The problem is when they come into my room I can't pick them up and throw them out bc it will smell but if I leave them be they die somewhere in my room and make everything smell again!! They're disgusting. My previous post was made after one of them decided to fall on my head while I was minding my own buisness:usrs:

But cicadas are horrible, too, I give you that.

I've never had trouble with ladybugs but I did not know they could be that scary! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Living in this city with almost no nature, I'm mostly susceptible to mosquitoes and cockroaches. And cicadas now on Summer. They are ugly to look at and so noisy right in the morning. When I go hiking, they somehow tend to fly and hit my arm or head, and I really scream, which scares my friends and people around (and could be very dangerous if you were going down some slope). 

This reminds me of a a few pages of bugs talk before haha! 

6 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

I've never had trouble with ladybugs but I did not know they could be that scary! :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp:

Living in this city with almost no nature, I'm mostly susceptible to mosquitoes and cockroaches. And cicadas now on Summer. They are ugly to look at and so noisy right in the morning. When I go hiking, they somehow tend to fly and hit my arm or head, and I really scream, which scares my friends and people around (and could be very dangerous if you were going down some slope). 

This reminds me of a a few pages of bugs talk before haha! 

I would probably scream, too, if a cicada hit me. I'm kinda terrified now. Pls take care. :crazyshit2:

I feel sheltered bc I never had to deal with cicadas or roaches. Especially roaches, ewwww

15 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I am so jealous, you don't know the pure fear of trying to kill a roach when suddenly it spreads its wings and flies around the room...

:crazyshit2: imagining it alone is weakening my immune system. I am SO sorry for anyone who had to experience that.

15 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I am so jealous, you don't know the pure fear of trying to kill a roach when suddenly it spreads its wings and flies around the room...

:omg:

I remember one once in my grandma's house. They were all sleeping and I was still talking with my mom when suddenly we heard a buzzing noise and she thought it was an alarm. I was like, 'No one puts an alarm at 2 in the morning!' and when I turned on the lights, it was one flying around. 

I slept on the sofa that night.  :sorrow:

Just now, robin said:

:crazyshit2: imagining it alone is weakening my immune system. I am SO sorry for anyone who had to experience that.

It's amazing how fully grown men turn into screaming little girls in the presence of a flying cockroach

1 minute ago, Puniyo said:

:omg:

I remember one once in my grandma's house. They were all sleeping and I was still talking with my mom when suddenly we heard a buzzing noise and she thought it was an alarm. I was like, 'No one puts an alarm at 2 in the morning!' and when I turned on the lights, it was one flying around. 

I slept on the sofa that night.  :sorrow:

I am terrified :crazyshit2:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

It's amazing how fully grown men turn into screaming little girls in the presence of a flying cockroach

I wouldn't blame them!!

You guys have my full sympathy

Oh my God, I am so sorry for all these stories of insects!!

May I lighten up the mood a little by sharing with you the fact that today my mother bought me a pair of rollerblades to use to go from home to work starting september, and in the skating shop there were small fliers with skaters using the skates that they sold in the shop... which were edea skates... and among the fliers... I found a Yuzu!!! I brought it home and hung it in my room. Nice!