Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

39 minutes ago, Xen said:

IMO, I think his lord giggliness is an ENFP- the most introverted of the extroverts.

Quite a bit of the descriptions of him as a child (restless, attention span issues etc) makes me lean towards Ne rather than Ni.

(INTJ here btw- yes, us female versions do exist)

:knc_yuzu1: You guys are like the senior at school that I really look up to but don't have the nerve to strike a convo XD 

I haven't read the ENFP descr., now it seems very very close to him! Types can varry by the percentage of each elements so I guess they can sometime mingle together. But it's safe to say he's a Diplomat type?? :68556365:

1 hour ago, VyVy99 said:

:knc_yuzu1: You guys are like the senior at school that I really look up to but don't have the nerve to strike a convo XD 

I haven't read the ENFP descr., now it seems very very close to him! Types can varry by the percentage of each elements so I guess they can sometime mingle together. But it's safe to say he's a Diplomat type?? :68556365:

Well, INTJs do have that death glare thing...but it does get softer once you know us better and understand that the death glare is um, normal for us. Just keep on trying.

The thing is, I think the real Yuzu is pretty bouncy and giggly-and having befriended NF guys, I don't buy the idea that NFs are naturally not dominant. They can be, if the right reasons/buttons are pushed (and competitiveness isn't really a function of MBTI). I've met my share of ones who enjoy one-up-manship (especially if they think you'd be okay with it). But the feeling with NFs, and especially the NF guys (at least I've noticed around my NF friends) is that the competitive bit and rivalry can be very "playful" and obvious (I think Ni types and introverted types in general are more silent assassin mode).  ENFP's nickname is "The Champion"-because they want others to do their best, inspire others to go to their max potential. They are also described as curious to a near annoying extent, passionate and enthusiastic about things/causes/whatever they decide to focus on, and have a bit of knight in shining armor thing going on.

I would not suggest relying on MBTI to assess people that much though- MBTI can be helpful, in that it may illustrate the information that is processed and priority of processing depending on type. But it's not exactly scientific.

51 minutes ago, Xen said:

I would not suggest relying on MBTI to assess people that much though- MBTI can be helpful, in that it may illustrate the information that is processed and priority of processing depending on type. But it's not exactly scientific.

Case in point: I've done MTBI several times over the years and the only part that's remained constant  for me is the N. People change, so it's probably wiser to view MTBI results as guidelines than absolutes.

That being said, I can easily see Yuzu as ENFP. 

2 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Case in point: I've done MTBI several times over the years and the only part that's remained constant  for me is the N. People change, so it's probably wiser to view MTBI results as guidelines than absolutes.

That being said, I can easily see Yuzu as ENFP. 

I would say it's less that people change type, but the idea even in MBTI is that as you go older, you gain better control of your previously unused/inferior functions. So using say, INTJ as an example, the order would be Ni and Te come naturally, but as we age, we get better at integrating the Fi and the Se functions. So older INTJs will usually be more socially adroit, and softer than the young ones.

(Personally this is true, I'm way more a softy and let out the dork side more often than say, back in high school)

As for ENFPs...ahem, the most popular US founding father, and somewhat considered the hottest of them, Alexander Hamilton, is considered by some to be an ENFP. If you haven't read his biography yet, by Rob Chernow, do so. It's very inspirational, especially if you consider that Hamilton essentially grew up as an orphan and encompass the idea of "self-made man" the most.

13 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It changes for me all the time as well, I stopped relying on personality tests when I accepted the fact that I didn't have to know "who I was" to be myself, and a label, o a diagnosis, didn't correspond to who I was because those same labels and diagnosis wouldn't be me a year after that - I mean I know it's also for fun, but personalities do change, even from one day to the next, because the nature of this life is to try and evolve and transform yourself into a better person as you live and experience and love and suffer. And stuff. 

Spoiler

(I'm always too serious, pardon me I've had a rough day: my ex Korean boyfriend, who became an ex simply because he stopped writing me and replying to my messages after he went back to Korea, alternatively closed his kakao talk and instagram accounts, or he blocked me. Either way I can't reach out to him and I think it's time for me to stop excusing him. For two months now I've been coping with the pain of being abandoned by a person who was literally perfect with me, and with whom I've had the perfect life for 6 months - but today I realized that it wasn't perfect, because we were still in a relationship when he went back to Korea, and he just disappeared from one day to the next, without explaining me, without a reason. So he is officially an asshole and I do not have to go through any more pain for him. He is not a puppy I have to save from the evil world and his evil family. Fuck him.)

Also I did my first Chinese test today. Not bad! I love Chinese! But I forgot how to write deng (to wait) and dongxi (things). 

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Hide contents

(I'm always too serious, pardon me I've had a rough day: my ex Korean boyfriend, who became an ex simply because he stopped writing me and replying to my messages after he went back to Korea, alternatively closed his kakao talk and instagram accounts, or he blocked me. Either way I can't reach out to him and I think it's time for me to stop excusing him. For two months now I've been coping with the pain of being abandoned by a person who was literally perfect with me, and with whom I've had the perfect life for 6 months - but today I realized that it wasn't perfect, because we were still in a relationship when he went back to Korea, and he just disappeared from one day to the next, without explaining me, without a reason. So he is officially an asshole and I do not have to go through any more pain for him. He is not a puppy I have to save from the evil world and his evil family. Fuck him.)

Sorry to hear that. Obviously the two of you were not on the same page about the relationship. His loss. (and yes, he sounds like a major jerk.) On to the next one. 

:13877886:One week and i already miss the food i ate in Vancouver.

Also, my boyfriend liked skating so much, we went to skate again the last day we were in the city.

After skating he kept telling me "i'd skate to this and this song", "this song sounds good for skating", "if someone skates to this i'll love them forever"

He said he'd love to keep practicing, and even asked me where is the closest rink in our area.

What have i done :13877886:

Oh. And he HATES R+J now:rofl:

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Also, my boyfriend liked skating so much, we went to skate again the last day we were in the city.

After skating he kept telling me "i'd skate to this and this song", "this song sounds good for skating", "if someone skates to this i'll love them forever"

He said he'd love to keep practicing, and even asked me where is the closest rink in our area.

Good job!!! :xD:

I'm still so amused (and low-key jealous :P) that he was so ridiculously good for his second time skating :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

3 hours ago, guitarist said:

I'm still so amused (and low-key jealous :P) that he was so ridiculously good for his second time skating :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

:waffle:IKR

He kept trying to hold the edge for a bit longer the second time we went, but he struggled with the skates and he only managed to hold it a biiit longer than what you saw. He gained a lot of speed tho, and had enough control to squeeze between two people and he was actually using the edges for a bit

:waffle: i am so so so jealous

45 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Hydro be living every Satellites dream right now :war: