Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Yesterday we were at 47°C :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: The expected temperature today is 48°C:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

On monday i got a mild sunburn on my arm while standing under the shade of a palm tree, waiting for a friend to pick me up after work. I got burned on the places that the shade couldn't cover :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

It is advised by the authorities that you shouldn't be outside from 11am to 7pm this week, because of excessive heat warning.

Today when i took a shower in the morning, i had to shower with the "cold" water, and it still burned my skin >__< the heat is so intense, no surface can cool down in the night (the low temperatures have been higher than 30 for the past two days)

Did you know our motto is "the city that captured the sun"? It feels more like the waiting room of hell now...

How are you still alive?? I'm already combusting at "only" 35 degrees :13877886:

Thankfully it rained for a bit just now so it's not quite as unbearable anymore.

The weather this summer is just plain weird. 

It was raining heavily for about 2 weeks, flash floods everywhere, temperatures around 27 C, flash flooding so bad that some parts of the metro got flooded. Heck, we had half a day off because the water affected the electricity equipment for my work building. XD

And after that...it gets sunny and goes straight up to 34C. The yoyo in the temperature is making it easier for people to get sick. =/ And just 5 hours ago, it was a bright sunny day, the sun was out, it was hot-and we had a torrential downpour for an hour. Yes, with the sun being out. XD

So yeah...*hands you guys some small amount of rain*

2 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

How are you still alive?? I'm already combusting at "only" 35 degrees :13877886:

Thankfully it rained for a bit just now so it's not quite as unbearable anymore.

I am inside all day >__<

It's 9am, 36°C and 44% humidity. It feels like you're breathing water, it's horrible outside >__< i could barely feel the car's AC >____<

1 minute ago, Xen said:

You guys want rain?

It was raining heavily for about 2 weeks, flash floods everywhere, temperatures around 27 C, flash flooding so bad that some parts of the metro got flooded. Heck, we had half a day off because the water affected the electricity equipment for my work building. XD

And after that...it gets sunny and goes straight up to 34C. The yoyo in the temperature is making it easier for people to get sick. =/ And just 5 hours ago, it was a bright sunny day, the sun was out, it was hot-and we had a torrential downpour for an hour. Yes, with the sun being out. XD

:13877886:i don't want rain, it'll only make it even more humid! unless it rains for like three days with no sun >___<

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I am inside all day >__<

It's 9am, 36°C and 44% humidity. It feels like you're breathing water, it's horrible outside >__< i could barely feel the car's AC >____<

:13877886:i don't want rain, it'll only make it even more humid! unless it rains for like three days with no sun >___<

Unfortunately it's been sunny these days, we don't have any clouds to spare. :13877886::Poohgaveup:

It's about 29C right now, at midnight with 90% humidity. 

Just now, Xen said:

Unfortunately it's been sunny these days, we don't have any clouds to spare. :13877886::Poohgaveup:

It's about 29C right now, at midnight with 90% humidity. 

:sadPooh: we're gonna boil

I hope our favourite cryptid doesn't feel this hellish heat that's been killing people all around the world, i'm afraid he would melt or something. He's an ice being >___<

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I hope our favourite cryptid doesn't feel this hellish heat that's been killing people all around the world, i'm afraid he would melt or something. He's an ice being >___<

He at least would get to cool of every day by being on the ice, I'm counting the hours until I get to skate again :13877886:

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

Toronto is in the mid to upper 20's so I think he's managed to avoid the 30's. 

4 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

He at least would get to cool of every day by being on the ice, I'm counting the hours until I get to skate again :13877886:

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Toronto is in the mid to upper 20's so I think he's managed to avoid the 30's. 

:sadPooh:he could always sippy sippy oasis juice i guess...

ETA----

SO THERE WAS AN EARTHQUAKE JUST NOW.

A mild one, but the shaking was pretty scary because i'm on a third floor.

I was helping someone a few cities away on the phone when the person said "hey Hydro, everything's shaking! It's an earthquake. Did you feel it?" (my city is notorious for three things: The heat, earthquakes and chinese food). And i told him that no, i didn't feel anything. I was about to tell him "i hope the seismic waves don't reach us!" when the building began to shake and make noise.

I've been dealing with mild anxiety attacks (i have an appointment with a therapist next week, FINALLY), and when the shaking began i was feeling like another attack was building... So the fight or flight response kicked in, i evacuated the building before anyone else when the seismic alarm went off and now i know i CAN survive an earthquake here :P

And the attack is gone because i used the adrenaline for something:rofl:

On 7/25/2018 at 9:36 PM, Hydroblade said:

Yesterday we were at 47°C :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: The expected temperature today is 48°C:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

On monday i got a mild sunburn on my arm while standing under the shade of a palm tree, waiting for a friend to pick me up after work. I got burned on the places that the shade couldn't cover :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

It is advised by the authorities that you shouldn't be outside from 11am to 7pm this week, because of excessive heat warning.

Today when i took a shower in the morning, i had to shower with the "cold" water, and it still burned my skin >__< the heat is so intense, no surface can cool down in the night (the low temperatures have been higher than 30 for the past two days)

Did you know our motto is "the city that captured the sun"? It feels more like the waiting room of hell now...

Our heat wave has let up a bit but we had similar temperatures last month. But fill a couple of buckets with water in the evening and use that to shower in the morning, then refill it and let it stand for a couple of hours before using it again. It's the water in the pipes that gets that hot, it cools down a bit if you let it stand in a bucket away from direct sunlight. I do this every summer, I even bought a giant bucket to keep filled with water to cool off. Pouring water over your head isn't as nice as a shower but it's better than a hot shower on a blistering day.

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Our heat wave has let up a bit but we had similar temperatures last month. But fill a couple of buckets with water in the evening and use that to shower in the morning, then refill it and let it stand for a couple of hours before using it again. It's the water in the pipes that gets that hot, it cools down a bit if you let it stand in a bucket away from direct sunlight. I do this every summer, I even bought a giant bucket to keep filled with water to cool off. Pouring water over your head isn't as nice as a shower but it's better than a hot shower on a blistering day.

I escaped yesterday to the coast (family stuff... Apparently i'm the resident GPS) and i kid you not: just two hours away from my city, the difference was 23°C according to the car.

The good thing, is that yesterday it was humid as fuck, but there were clouds, so the sun didn't heat up the pipes and today i was able to take a shower with cold water:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

And that sounds like a good alternative :59227c768286a__s: but we shouldn't be forced to look for workarounds to bring DOWN the water's temperature to take a bath. I understand heating up the water if you don't have a water heater, but this....

That's why i don't like the summer >___< when it's cold you can layer up until you become a ball, but you'll be warm. With the heat it doesn't matter how many layers you shed, you can't cool down easily >___<

10 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I escaped yesterday to the coast (family stuff... Apparently i'm the resident GPS) and i kid you not: just two hours away from my city, the difference was 23°C according to the car.

The good thing, is that yesterday it was humid as fuck, but there were clouds, so the sun didn't heat up the pipes and today i was able to take a shower with cold water:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

And that sounds like a good alternative :59227c768286a__s: but we shouldn't be forced to look for workarounds to bring DOWN the water's temperature to take a bath. I understand heating up the water if you don't have a water heater, but this....

That's why i don't like the summer >___< when it's cold you can layer up until you become a ball, but you'll be warm. With the heat it doesn't matter how many layers you shed, you can't cool down easily >___<

Wow, that temperature difference is unreal. Wow. 

Though yes, when I was a kid reading all these kids' books written by British authors, all these delightful descriptions of summer and all the things they were planning to do in the summer used to make me wonder what a different world it must be. Go for a picnic and sit in the sun? I could not compute.

All Europe is under a weird weather conditions this summer! England, Sweden and almost all the northern countries get 40 degrees, drought and conflagrations while the southern countries, including mine, are drowning in hard rains, floods and unusually low temperatures for July ... this is so not normal ...

32 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

All Europe is under a weird weather conditions this summer! England, Sweden and almost all the northern countries get 40 degrees, drought and conflagrations while the southern countries, including mine, are drowning in hard rains, floods and unusually low temperatures for July ... this is so not normal ...

Yay climate change :13877886: