Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

8 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

@Murieleirum How could they even let that happen??? :gaah: Organizing skills literally to die for. You kill both of those tests gurl.

Anw, today the "handmade" phone case arrived. My friend drew it specially for me so I can put it in the back of my transparent case. But by accident the painting was ruined, so we had to look for an online store and send them the picture of the painting for custom made. She was so upset because it came out not as clear and pretty, and it was ment for my early bday present :1:

We're in 2 different countries so it was hard to arrange things, but still I appreciate all her dedication <3 

36912963_1118501871640963_80759530424841

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:so pretty!!!

4 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Also, me and my Japanese teacher do not share the same idea of 'knowing how to translate' a language. She wanted the translation to be done as literal as possible - even if it sounds incorrect or weird in Italian. But I simply do not agree. Being able to translate the language doesn't mean knowing the dictionary definition of each word - it means getting the sense, the meaning out of a phrase, that is as close as possible to the meaning that the speaker/writer wanted to give. So if I write 'Hokusai's exhibition' instead of 'Hokusai's painting', it's not because I don't know that 絵 means picture/painting - it's because, inserted in the context, in Italian it was much more correct to make the little shift in meaning, instead of applying the most literal translation and ending up with an incorrect Italian phrase. ('Next week, Hokusai's paintings will arrive in Rome' makes no sense to me. When you talk realistically, you say 'Next week, Hokusai's exhibition will arrive in Rome'.)

Ooooh yeah, that has happened to me:13877886: what i do instead is try to translate literally in class, anything else, i translate it as i like :P

3 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

..... At least the exams went well? Yay? Small yay?

I got one point less than perfect. If that's the price I have to pay for not translating like a 10 year old, I am happy to pay for it. xD

4 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I got one point less than perfect. If that's the price I have to pay for not translating like a 10 year old, I am happy to pay for it. xD

:congratualtions:That sounds pretty good! 

As reward, you may take Pooh to the forest:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/jul/10/original-winnie-the-pooh-map-sets-world-record-auction

3600.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

So i formally introduced my boyfriend to the Hanyu yesterday...

I used NHK 2015 Seimei.

The first quad made his eyes go wide. He was compleeeeetely immersed in the performance from that point, and i saw him admiring the way he landed (a man after my own heart...).

Then came the crossrolls...

I think i saw his soul struggling to stay in his body.

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I used NHK 2015 Seimei.

The first quad made his eyes go wide. He was compleeeeetely immersed in the performance from that point, and i saw him admiring the way he landed (a man after my own heart...).

Haha....

That tends to happen. I'm not sure why they think guys won't like figure skating? At one point I had a new assistant who didn't really care for sports (he's a billards fan), and he got curious about this figure skating thing I did. So I showed him LGC SP from Helsinki, Boyang's 4Lz, and Yuzu's Seimei. Then threw in a healthy dose of Sui/Han and Savchenko/Massot. He was grabbing his hair and going "Omg, this is crazy!" within minutes. His view of figure skating as being a fluffy thing, was changed forever. And then he asked me about spins, so of course, I show Yulia. XD

btw guys, I might be joining you guys in Jpn studies soon. Company asked if anyone wanted to study, so I signed up. The bad part is...we're gearing to pass N4 within 5 months. *gulp*

Just now, Xen said:

Haha....

That tends to happen. I'm not sure why they think guys won't like figure skating? At one point I had a new assistant who didn't really care for sports (he's a billards fan), and he got curious about this figure skating thing I did. So I showed him LGC SP from Helsinki, Boyang's 4Lz, and Yuzu's Seimei. Then threw in a healthy dose of Sui/Han and Savchenko/Massot. He was grabbing his hair and going "Omg, this is crazy!" within minutes. His view of figure skating as being a fluffy thing, was changed forever. And then he asked me about spins, so of course, I show Yulia. XD

btw guys, I might be joining you guys in Jpn studies soon. Company asked if anyone wanted to study, so I signed up. The bad part is...we're gearing to pass N4 within 5 months. *gulp*

Before i showed him the video i told him "He does quadruple jumps. That means four revolutions in the air"

His reply? "Holy fuck is that possible" :rofl:

I have plans to show him more videos :darklordyuzu: if only to make him understand why i like it so much.

And yaaaay~ JOIN US

4 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Before i showed him the video i told him "He does quadruple jumps. That means four revolutions in the air"

His reply? "Holy fuck is that possible" :rofl:

I have plans to show him more videos :darklordyuzu: if only to make him understand why i like it so much.

And yaaaay~ JOIN US

He hasn't seen the throw jumps/throw quads and throw twists in pairs yet? 

That'll probably explode his mind...

1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

I used NHK 2015 Seimei.

LOL. My husband usually rolls his eyes at my Hanyu love. I was watching a clip with the original Seimei backward crossrolls, and decided to show him. He watched with rapt attention but didn't say anything. I asked him, "You want to watch that again?" He said, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

9 minutes ago, k8y said:

LOL. My husband usually rolls his eyes at my Hanyu love. I was watching a clip with the original Seimei backward crossrolls, and decided to show him. He watched with rapt attention but didn't say anything. I asked him, "You want to watch that again?" He said, "Yeah, sure, whatever."

:darklordyuzu:The Hanyu is too powerful

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I used NHK 2015 Seimei.

Hahahaha then you become another The Pooh couple.

14 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Why is it that nothing in my life ever go as planned  :gaah:

I feel like I should be anticipating the failure of plans instead of success, but then that would be another plan and it would probably go wrong as well  :13877886:

Sounds like a rough time. :2: Hopefully the next plan will unexpectedly succeed because now you don't expect it to!

17 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Why is it that nothing in my life ever go as planned  :gaah:

I feel like I should be anticipating the failure of plans instead of success, but then that would be another plan and it would probably go wrong as well  :13877886:

Well, if the plan for failure fails then it'll be good, right? :2thumbsup: