Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

8 hours ago, robin said:

Oh boy, I am not sure what that means but I hope it doesn't mean too much pain and that you're ok :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

I just wrenched it pretty badly and need to keep it immobile for a while. :13877886: And I managed to do it out of laziness, trying to get to a corner of a counter without moving the things in my way. I would've needed an extra joint to actually do it the way I tried. But it is funny that it happened the day Han Yan announced his retirement. 

13 minutes ago, robin said:

Everytime I see photos of this moment (the sexiest moment in the history of fs imo) the music starts playing in my head and I get an urge to watch the whole program

You're not the only one. He's ruined Chopin for me, I can't see another skater skate to Chopin now.

20 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I just wrenched it pretty badly and need to keep it immobile for a while. :13877886: And I managed to do it out of laziness, trying to get to a corner of a counter without moving the things in my way. I would've needed an extra joint to actually do it the way I tried. But it is funny that it happened the day Han Yan announced his retirement. 

Wha...... Yan Han..... Did what?? Oh no.....

11 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm feeling conflicted

sub-buzz-19896-1521224044-1.png?downsize

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

i kinda want to hear the songs in japanese

At least the boy played Miguel in Japanese version has a beautiful voice.

Spoiler

This a story about Dia de Muertos isn't it? I've always wanted to know about the event, so I'm looking forward to seeing this film.

13 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

At least the boy played Miguel in Japanese version has a beautiful voice.

Hide contents

This a story about Dia de Muertos isn't it? I've always wanted to know about the event, so I'm looking forward to seeing this film.

Wow, he does!! The style is very different from the Spanish one (the kid who plays Miguel sang mariachi songs) but it sounds very very nice! His tone is beautiful 💖

And I highly highly recommend it, not just because of how the dia de muertos tradition is portrayed (100% accurate!) But also because of small things about our culture that were included. It felt really natural, like something made for us Mexicans. It's a really good glimpse of what Mexican culture really is :) even things that seem a bit "too much" aren't that far off from the real thing :biggrin:

14 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Wow, he does!! The style is very different from the Spanish one (the kid who plays Miguel sang mariachi songs) but it sounds very very nice! His tone is beautiful 💖

And I highly highly recommend it, not just because of how the dia de muertos tradition is portrayed (100% accurate!) But also because of small things about our culture that were included. It felt really natural, like something made for us Mexicans. It's a really good glimpse of what Mexican culture really is :) even things that seem a bit "too much" aren't that far off from the real thing :biggrin:

Sounds even more interesting! :smiley-love017:
I'm always interested in rituals and traditions in other countries or places I've never been in my country. I saw a photo of Dia de Muertos on Tumblr several years ago and found it so beautiful, but thought it would be difficult to learn more about it because it seemed like an event for people to think of their own dead family. Like Obon in my country, it seemed like a time for local people to cherish their private time. So when I saw a promo for this movie I thought I would finally have a chance to take a glimpse of the festival even if it's a bit caricatured for a movie. If the movie is accepted as good by Mexican people, it would be even more fun to watch.

I will watch English version with Japanese sub, though :biggrin: I heard a bit of Spanish in a trailer so I'm hoping it would bring back some of Spanish I learned long time ago.:smiley-angelic001:

Until now my personal FS competition stats are:

deciding to go to a FS competition last minute: 100% successful, best decisions of my life, zero regrets
planning a year in advance: 0% successful and all in all disappointing

So this tells me to keep on deciding spontaneously from now on

Spoiler

there's sh*tty things regarding youtube comment trolls and this frank person surfacing my twitter feed..

to the:

youtube troll commentor = DO YOU HAVE A BRAIN? 

that person = I'll be mature bout this and let you have your own opinions but I'll block your opinions out from my feed kay Ci

4 hours ago, robin said:

Until now my personal FS competition stats are:

deciding to go to a FS competition last minute: 100% successful, best decisions of my life, zero regrets
planning a year in advance: 0% successful and all in all disappointing

So this tells me to keep on deciding spontaneously from now on

What comp are you talking about when you say you planned a year in advance but was disappointing?