Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

I've spilled tea on mine - eventually everything worked again - I think some bits just took longer to dry out- just a guess as I am a total Luddite.

18 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

...For a moment I thought they made Plush's sex bomb costume...

Now though...*goes and sees if there's an underarmor version*

On a serious note...I think female torso versions of these things have existed in east asia? And I find it maybe mildly insulting if it's insinuating what I think it's insinuating. 

Update: separate mouse works, everything works... but slower. 

I hope it's just the emotional trauma, and the pc will be back to decent speed within a few days. 

Also, keyboard seems... softer? Like now there's a layer of sugar beneath HAHAHAHA. 

Gotta say, I hoped way worse. I mean, I literally spilled like half a cup on here. Pooh blessed me. 

I have spilled a half glass of water on my ibook and it came back to life after a few days. I sent it to Apple when it was dead but they just sent it back saying they could start it with no problem. I named it Zombie-chan and Zombie-chan survived more than ten years after that.

One of my old phones, it was like a 3.5" screen smartphone, survived the washing machine. That was likely because it didn't have a SIM card slot and what kills phones most of the time is when water gets in there. 

Can't get water in the SIM card slot if your phone doesn't have a SIM card slot. 

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg 

Yes, a supporting-confessions party! :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I've never watered my phone or PS (yet), but once I was so tired, I put not cooked rice without water into my microwave (special tools for cooking rice aren't common in my place, we usually just cook it in a frying pan, but I wanted to do it quickly). Then I almost fell asleep, but felt the burning smell. Imagine, how did it all look like, taking into account the rice was in a plastic plate. :headdesk2:

8 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Guys... I dropped tea on my laptop. 

My survival instincts told me to turn it over right away and turn it off. I think most of the liquid went away, and it did turn on after 30 minutes of drying, but my mouse wasn't working. Not that I really care about the mouse, but it scared me so I turned it off again and will leave it off for the whole evening... I'm so scared, I can't afford another PC right now, I can't even afford to lose this one because I have to work on it and study on it and stuff :headdesk2:

Can you put it in rice? I heard that works..

My laptop is basically held together with superglue, everything was falling apart and I glued it all back. But if you get electronics wet, if you keep it turned off for a day in a dry place - the bag of rice is great - it usually works again. It's turning it on when it hasn't dried out completely that really ruins it. But the temptation to see if it might possibly work is very real. :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

I'm watching a Jdrama titled Princess Jellyfish (Kuragehime ) and "Hanyu-kun's" been mentioned twice now. (one of the side character's mum is a fan and is willing to sell her property to a developer because she was given premiere tickets for the men's event at Pyeongchang) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Whaaat? Can they do that? xD Ah wait it's a drama, I thought it was an anime... now I wanna see it. 

I am late but guysss I spilled a whole bottle of water on my laptop and rice saved it. I didn’t turn it on at all until it sat in a generous amount of rice for 48 hours.

The only problem I had was that some rice got inside and I had to open my PC and clean up a few months later bc I got one of those fan-too-slow dos errors LOL 

17 minutes ago, robin said:

I am late but guysss I spilled a whole bottle of water on my laptop and rice saved it. I didn’t turn it on at all until it sat in a generous amount of rice for 48 hours.

The only problem I had was that some rice got inside and I had to open my PC and clean up a few months later bc I got one of those fan-too-slow dos errors LOL 

Aaah I'm so happy I turned mine off in time! çuç By the way, how are you doing, Robin? Did your family spoil you nicely?

By the way, after Worlds week it will be Easter week for us (Europeans I guess), and Easter means Chocolate eggs. Make sure you eat a lot of Chocolate guys!!! You deserve it! 

47 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Aaah I'm so happy I turned mine off in time! çuç By the way, how are you doing, Robin? Did your family spoil you nicely?

By the way, after Worlds week it will be Easter week for us (Europeans I guess), and Easter means Chocolate eggs. Make sure you eat a lot of Chocolate guys!!! You deserve it! 

Thank you for asking Muriel, I‘m relatively fine. :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp: Lying in bed all day trying to write my thesis. It’s really frustrating not being able to move around as I like and I can feel my muscles melt away. I used to work out/skate/swim at least 5/7 days of the week... I am trying to keep on doing some exercises but my back is starting to ache anyway :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:  And worst of all!! My mother is watching my diet for me bc I am lying around all day :13877886: I have to make my brothers push me sweets LOL