Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

1 minute ago, CiaoCiao said:

I don't think it's superior or something, and really I don't know why I'm studying it...  I just like it. :smiley-rolleyes009:

And it was a good way to avoid math, chemistry, biology, and physics, which scare me and I'll never understand.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:

Haha, sorry if I sounded bitter to you. I've just been bullied by classic and scientific high school students my whole high school carreer xD (I've been to musical high school. Unknown by many). I can totally understand wanting to escape scientific subjects. Unlike our overlord Yuzuru, I've never been particularily good at Math. 

7 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Haha, sorry if I sounded bitter to you. I've just been bullied by classic and scientific high school students my whole high school carreer xD (I've been to musical high school. Unknown by many). I can totally understand wanting to escape scientific subjects. Unlike our overlord Yuzuru, I've never been particularily good at Math. 

I'm sure the real reason why some classicists need to boast so much is that they are really scared that what they are studying is useless. And I really think music is a beautiful choice. Even though I avoided that too because in our school they make so much singing, and I'm a terrible singer.

3 hours ago, CiaoCiao said:

I start to regret having chosen to study ancient greek as language instead of english. I hate when I try to express things in my poor english and I can't explain what I want to. As much as I love ancient greek, Socrates can't talk about Yuzuru with me.

I studied a bit in university along with Ancient Egyptian. I have forgotten most of everything! :laughing: It's nice to be able to read the original texts, though, and learning any language is good for your brain meats.

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I could never bring myself to study a dead language... this is why I will never accept Classical high school's "supposed superiority" to other high schools. What do you do with Latin and Greek anyways! Be the cool person in a group that knows the ethimologic roots of a word? Yeah, okay :laughing:

Wow, classisists are cool in Italy? Let me book a flight! I will rule you all! Sorry to hear you got bullied. One of the reasons I loved studying Ancient Greek/Greece so much was because the sort of people who attended classes were very reasonable and intelligent people who generally had a good sense of humour. People who studied Latin/Ancient Rome and Egypt, on the other hand... 

23 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Wow, classisists are cool in Italy? Let me book a flight! I will rule you all! Sorry to hear you got bullied. One of the reasons I loved studying Ancient Greek/Greece so much was because the sort of people who attended classes were very reasonable and intelligent people who generally had a good sense of humour. People who studied Latin/Ancient Rome and Egypt, on the other hand... 

Actually, classic high school students aren't quite 'classists', more like, either they like literature or they took it because it's supposed to be the 'most serious high school' and the more 'prestigious' and everything else. So, you find very dumb people and very smart people in there. Like in every other high school. But some of them will think they have more chances at life because of the school they went to, and that's just. You know, ridiculous. 

(The most intellectual people I know have all went to scientific high school and then studied Literature in university because they had enough of science LOL)

What's wrong with people who study Ancient Rome? xD A bit 'overly enthusiastic about empires', perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Actually, classic high school students aren't quite 'classists', more like, either they like literature or they took it because it's supposed to be the 'most serious high school' and the more 'prestigious' and everything else. So, you find very dumb people and very smart people in there. Like in every other high school. But some of them will think they have more chances at life because of the school they went to, and that's just. You know, ridiculous. 

(The most intellectual people I know have all went to scientific high school and then studied Literature in university because they had enough of science LOL)

What's wrong with people who study Ancient Rome? xD A bit 'overly enthusiastic about empires', perhaps?

Mostly wealthy private school boys who love blood and violence, so, yes, empires are appealling to that class. :P 

I was very good at maths but my heart craves art and music too much. It also apparently hates well-paid careers.

6 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It also apparently hates well-paid careers.

Same tbh. Just the idea of work bores me. I want to live my whole life travelling for free and tasting foreign food. I'd be legit willing to marry and play the housewife I don't even care. The man has to be a good looking japanese skater from Sendai tho... 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Same tbh. Just the idea of work bores me. I want to live my whole life travelling for free and tasting foreign food. I'd be legit willing to marry and play the housewife I don't even care. The man has to be a good looking japanese skater from Sendai tho... 

I spent my youth being very loud about gender inequality but I would srsly housewife my life away now.

It was nice to find that I became SEIMEI from Let’s go crazy during ACI, while I was waiting to see SEIMEI again. No matter what I’ll be next, (probably with this post?) I’ll remember ACI with the small yay! in my heart at that moment, haha. It was nice to follow a competition in which Yuzu compete on this site for the first time.

ETA: Yay! I'm my favorite jump!

For those of you following the saga, I am very close to answering the age old question: "How long does it take to get to the bottom of a 1kg bucket of hummus?" (Despite my calling it a tub earlier, it is, in fact, a bucket with a little handle and everything.)

I can already see the bottom. There is still work to be done but it looks like the answer may be a 7 (not 4) day week.

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

For those of you following the saga, I am very close to answering the age old question: "How long does it take to get to the bottom of a 1kg bucket of hummus?" (Despite my calling it a tub earlier, it is, in fact, a bucket with a little handle and everything.)

I can already see the bottom. There is still work to be done but it looks like the answer may be a 7 (not 4) day week.

I admire your spirit, as much as I love hummus I'd get sick of it after a couple days 

1 minute ago, axelnojutsu said:

I admire your spirit, as much as I love hummus I'd get sick of it after a couple days 

I did work really, really hard at it but I owe a lot to watching FS comps and waiting for lottery results and being more sleep deprived than I've been since final exam time in highschool. Nothing beats a giant bucket of hummus in front of you when you're stressed out of your dang brain. For some reason I've also lost about a whole size this week even though I supplemented my glorious mountains of hummus with several blocks of chocolate, junk, and sitting. It seems my metabolism is working on opposite day. Maybe I should keep this weird diet. :laughing:

3 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I did work really, really hard at it but I owe a lot to watching FS comps and waiting for lottery results and being more sleep deprived than I've been since final exam time in highschool. Nothing beats a giant bucket of hummus in front of you when you're stressed out of your dang brain. For some reason I've also lost about a whole size this week even though I supplemented my glorious mountains of hummus with several blocks of chocolate, junk, and sitting. It seems my metabolism is working on opposite day. Maybe I should keep this weird diet. :laughing:

the only thing I've lost this week is hair :knc_brian3::smiley_hairpull:

16 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

My Forensic Chemistry teacher made the rethoric question of "have you ever seen an Asian person dripping with sweat? It's like they don't sweat, right?"

I sooooo wanted to tell them about Yuzuru. Breaking stereotypes since 1994 :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

tbh I don't know what he's talking about though, I've seen plenty people sweat in Japan (maybe not as extensively as Yuzu but still)  :shrug: