Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

So, the magic of ACI made it so that:

1) I broke my pc

2) But today results from uni got in and I am 23rd on the graduatory rank for oriental studies so I got in by far. The score could have been better lol, but I don't even care. I'm in! Japanese, here I come!!

1) Crudburgers!

2) Congratulations! 

I start to regret having chosen to study ancient greek as language instead of english. I hate when I try to express things in my poor english and I can't explain what I want to. As much as I love ancient greek, Socrates can't talk about Yuzuru with me.

1 hour ago, axelnojutsu said:

the far right party just became third biggest party in our government I want to cry

Yeah but the margin is not that wide. they have just 13.3%. the other "small" parties taper around 9 and 10. I guess u could somehow see it coming with the results of the latest state elections (*wieübersetzichLandtangswahlen*). One thing I'm a bit hopeful about is that they have no friends in the other parties, but that's just me.

Ich hoffe auch, dass die Grünen sich auf ne Jamaika-Koalition einlassen.

5 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

"just 13.3%" is not something I ever wanted to hear about nazi votes but yeah I know.. let's hope they stay friendless :slinkaway:

I'm trying to find the silver lining. Let's also hope the afd combusts before  the next federal elections. Bronze/Copper/Ironlining most of the people electing them did so in protest not because they really agree with their politics..

:tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5: yeah you're probably right. :sign0007:...it's just so kuyashii

8 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

lowkey hoping for Jamaica and reelections after a relatively short period where the afd gets the boot again and that's probably all I should say about this, I think politics is technically not supposed to be discussed on the forum sooo.. :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

6 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I think politics is technically not supposed to be discussed on the forum sooo.. :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

True, but there's discussion and discussion. Voicing someone's worry, especially regarding extreme right parties, to me goes beyond politics, but of course it's best to keep the comments short and change subject because I guess politics are in general very sad and depressing xD (I say this because we are in the same situation in Italy, basically).

38 minutes ago, CiaoCiao said:

I start to regret having chosen to study ancient greek as language instead of english. I hate when I try to express things in my poor english and I can't explain what I want to. As much as I love ancient greek, Socrates can't talk about Yuzuru with me.

I could never bring myself to study a dead language... this is why I will never accept Classical high school's "supposed superiority" to other high schools. What do you do with Latin and Greek anyways! Be the cool person in a group that knows the ethimologic roots of a word? Yeah, okay :laughing:

28 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I could never bring myself to study a dead language... this is why I will never accept Classical high school's "supposed superiority" to other high schools. What do you do with Latin and Greek anyways! Be the cool person in a group that knows the ethimologic roots of a word? Yeah, okay :laughing:

Personally I don't think it's superior or something, and really I don't know why I'm studying it...  I just like it. :smiley-rolleyes009:

And it was a good way to avoid math, chemistry, biology, and physics, which scare me and I'll never understand.:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp: