Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

What's that Shakespeare quote about trouble coming 'not in single spies, but in battalions'?  At the end of my tether - several weeks in which expensive household equipment has been breaking down and having to be replaced(£££££££+) or repaired in a time consuming fashion with pricey and difficult to obtain parts.  Yesterday the final straw? Leaky hot water tank, damaged ceiling, ruined carpet.  Plumber no.1 'made it safe' but cannot fix/ replace.  Plumber no.2 knows how to replace but not how long it will take to find the replacement. No hot water at present- running on a very short fuse today.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

What's that Shakespeare quote about trouble coming 'not in single spies, but in battalions'?  At the end of my tether - several weeks in which expensive household equipment has been breaking down and having to be replaced(£££££££+) or repaired in a time consuming fashion with pricey and difficult to obtain parts.  Yesterday the final straw? Leaky hot water tank, damaged ceiling, ruined carpet.  Plumber no.1 'made it safe' but cannot fix/ replace.  Plumber no.2 knows how to replace but not how long it will take to find the replacement. No hot water at present- running on a very short fuse today.

Oh dear. :/ That sounds bloody awful. I hope ACI will at least give your brain a break from it for awhile, though I now how long flooded carpets can take to deal with. :13877886: I've had a similar run of bad luck this year with a broken washing machine, dishwasher, sewage system, phones - the works. Lack of money did force me to learn how to fix a broken gasket, though, for only $20 instead of hundreds. I've given up on plumbers. :facepalm:

Plumbers, heating engineers, people who charge you to come out and tsk tsk over your machine and tell you it's too expensive to fix/ they don't carry the part/the part will take weeks to come/ the job is a days worth and they can't fit you in before October- grrrrrr- there's a special circle of hell for them.  Very grateful to plumber no.2 who has been very helpful - keeping him on speed dial.  It's maddening isn't it?  Sewage system sounds awful!

11 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hypothetically, if a person were to to have access to, oh, let’s say, a 1kg tub of hummus - all to themselves - how long do you think it would take them to get through? Hypothetically. >_>

Hummus is healthy, whole food full of proteins! (at least I hope there isn't too much processed stuff in it)

So I guess if you eat only hummus lunch and dinner... it might be healthy to finish it in two days and a half? c: 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Hummus is healthy, whole food full of proteins! (at least I hope there isn't too much processed stuff in it)

So I guess if you eat only hummus lunch and dinner... it might be healthy to finish it in two days and a half? c: 

You forgot it's also practically a chickpea smoothie. 1.5 days.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

You forgot it's also practically a chickpea smoothie. 1.5 days.

Well... smoothie... is an abused trendy word in the cuisine world... I think hummus has different texture. Although, if we want to talk calorie wise, if you eat ONLY that, you might even eat the whole thing in a day. 

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Well... smoothie... is an abused trendy word in the cuisine world... I think hummus has different texture. Although, if we want to talk calorie wise, if you eat ONLY that, you might even eat the whole thing in a day. 

Grainy brown smoothie is still smoothie. I just stuck a straw in the tub. What is shame?

59 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh, so that's what supaakoru was :rofl:I swear I'm still clueless with 外来語

To be fair, this avatar has ha instead of pa in pawa- kuri-n (and the ku looks like wa) and it should be supa-kuru instead of supa-koru but it was the 90s and animated sitcom writers didn't have Google Translate back then.

Ohh I just discovered this thread. Is this where I lament that my dog can read my stress levels? Because she responded by peeing on the biggest, heaviest, most difficult to clean rug. And now she's more stressed out because I look grumpy. My gritted-teeth grimace isn't passing for a soothing smile.

So, the magic of ACI made it so that:

1) I broke my pc

2) But today results from uni got in and I am 23rd on the graduatory rank for oriental studies so I got in by far. The score could have been better lol, but I don't even care. I'm in! Japanese, here I come!!