Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Curse of bad timing strikes again.  I'm away in September for ACI and October for the World Gymnastics Championships, in a place with next to no internet.  I missed 4CC, Worlds, and WTT last season.  Waiting to see what will crop up for  Rostelecom.   

7 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I want the details now tho :laughing: Sounds cool! 

We dance with many props, but i've been looking forward to dancing with a sword for some time now :P

At first is just dancing a bit with it swinging the sword on the air, then we dance balancing the sword on the head, on the back of the hand and the chest. The hardest part is getting up and down the floor :rofl:

Pic for clearness (shamelessly stolen from youtube)

hqdefault.jpg

It's way easier than it looks :) 

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

We dance with many props, but i've been looking forward to dancing with a sword for some time now :P

At first is just dancing a bit with it swinging the sword on the air, then we dance balancing the sword on the head, on the back of the hand and the chest. The hardest part is getting up and down the floor :rofl:

Pic for clearness (shamelessly stolen from youtube)

hqdefault.jpg

It's way easier than it looks :) 

Oh wow! That looks amazing! And the dress is really nice too! :3

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh wow! That looks amazing! And the dress is really nice too! :3

It's one of the things i like about it. It's not THAT hard but looks impressive :P 

I think i am going to use two dresses for the performance at the end of the year, IIRC it will be a bit more covered because we're dancing egyptian style :).

And i just got back to class last week and my knees are killing me lol

1 minute ago, Murieleirum said:

What kind of a dance is it? :3 And training your knees can be very good for ice skating you know :devilYuzu:

Bellydance :3? Try this and you might know why my knees are killing me :P :

With your back straight, put your feet at the same level as your hips/shoulders, bend your knees a bit, tuck in your butt, relax your shoulders and then like that alternate bending a bit more each knee (hope it made sense). Now imagine doing that for three minutes way faster and sliding your hips side to side at the same time :dpooh: 

I will probably get used to it next week, but for now i literally throw myself on the seat of the car after each class :rofl:climbing the stairs the next day at work is hell.

And also we're dancing on our knees for a bit. On the flip side, i realized i am able to sit in seiza for more than ten minutes lol

Approaching Halloween , I remember this incident, I have a friend who stayed at at my house for the night . In the morning she walked upstairs and saw the portrait of my late sister ,who passed away when she was 17 , and that friend just screamed . My friend told me that last night she dreamed that my very sister appeared and talked to her. My friend was literally shaking . She did not know of my late sister at all prior to this.