Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

On 14/08/2017 at 7:23 AM, sallycinnamon said:

I entered a nationwide competition and I wanted to win it soo badly, but I ended up on the second place after I made a mistake on the very first (and easiest!!) question...:sadPooh:  I always end up with silver medals. somehow.

I guess I need more practice next time :slinkaway:

Congratulations! May I ask what the competition was?

Also, FYI, IMHO etc etc silver is prettier than gold and silver medalists are far more interesting than gold medalists ('cept Yuzuru >_>) (speaking as a frequent second placer.)

7 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Congratulations! May I ask what the competition was?

Also, FYI, IMHO etc etc silver is prettier than gold and silver medalists are far more interesting than gold medalists ('cept Yuzuru >_>) (speaking as a frequent second placer.)

It was nothing too serious, a Beatles competition! I was the one who took it too seriously :laughing: I saw the competition last year and I thought I could participate this year. There were 120 participants and three of us were selected to the final. I was the first competitor and it was a very unusual thing for me to stand on the podium where hundreds of people were watching me! At the beginning I was really nervous because of that. After I made a mistake on the first question I realized that I don't want to disappoint the people who where there (and many of them were cheering for me which was very very nice, probably because I was the only girl :embSwan:), so I realized this is not the right time to be nervous and I have to focus. So I answered the remaining questions correctly and ended up being on the 2nd place. I was happy but wish I hadn't done that silly mistake on the first question, I could have won...

I didn't get a "medal" actually :laughing: But yeah, I think too that silver is nicer than gold

.....except when it comes to Yuzuru :11135030:

10 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

It was nothing too serious, a Beatles competition! I was the one who took it too seriously :laughing: I saw the competition last year and I thought I could participate this year. There were 120 participants and three of us were selected to the final. I was the first competitor and it was a very unusual thing for me to stand on the podium where hundreds of people were watching me! At the beginning I was really nervous because of that. After I made a mistake on the first question I realized that I don't want to disappoint the people who where there (and many of them were cheering for me which was very very nice, probably because I was the only girl :embSwan:), so I realized this is not the right time to be nervous and I have to focus. So I answered the remaining questions correctly and ended up being on the 2nd place. I was happy but wish I hadn't done that silly mistake on the first question, I could have won...

I didn't get a "medal" actually :laughing: But yeah, I think too that silver is nicer than gold

.....except when it comes to Yuzuru :11135030:

Oh wow! That sounds like a lot of fun minus the hideous nerves! 2nd out of 120 is amazing! And a come from behind 2nd like bombing the SP but killing it in the free! :laughing: I get nervous even just posting on forums so public exposure is just like jumping off a cliff for me. I once attended a special screening of a Ghibli movie and before the film they had a quiz to give away prizes. I managed on pure adrenaline to answer before they finished asking the first question and got a lovely bag of presents but then took half the movie to calm my nerves again and didn't get to fully enjoy it. >_< I decided hermit life is for me after that incredibly traumatic non-trauma. I hope you go for revenge next year! :snpeace:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

After I made a mistake on the first question I realized that I don't want to disappoint the people who where there (and many of them were cheering for me which was very very nice, probably because I was the only girl :embSwan:), so I realized this is not the right time to be nervous and I have to focus.

I understand this feeling so much. It happened to me nearly every time I played violin in public. I would begin terribly (like, my very first note, I would always fuck up hahahaha) and then I would continue until the end out of pure desire for revenge

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh wow! That sounds like a lot of fun minus the hideous nerves! 2nd out of 120 is amazing! And a come from behind 2nd like bombing the SP but killing it in the free! :laughing: I get nervous even just posting on forums so public exposure is just like jumping off a cliff for me. I once attended a special screening of a Ghibli movie and before the film they had a quiz to give away prizes. I managed on pure adrenaline to answer before they finished asking the first question and got a lovely bag of presents but then took half the movie to calm my nerves again and didn't get to fully enjoy it. >_< I decided hermit life is for me after that incredibly traumatic non-trauma. I hope you go for revenge next year! :snpeace:

The pre-test was the SP which went very well, it was the first jump in the free skate which I popped! :rofl:Now I learned how costly that mistakes was.... But nevertheless it was a good experience. If I practice more next year maybe I'll give it another chance - after all, I  haven't won the main prize yet, which is a Höfner guitar! :smiley-love017:

Well I know what you feel. Usually I got emotionally tired after events like this and need time on my own to recharge my batteries. But at the same it was exciting and I thought it was a challenge. I like exciting things and dislike boredom!

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

I understand this feeling so much. It happened to me nearly every time I played violin in public. I would begin terribly (like, my very first note, I would always fuck up hahahaha) and then I would continue until the end out of pure desire for revenge

Yes. it's like a feeling that even you make a mistake, you can't give up - you have to move on quickly, not looking back and continue as if nothing happened. Because people are watching you and they expecting a nice performance from you. And it's very nice to give something to people which make them happy. :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

a Höfner guitar! 

Quick anecdote: I'm a Beatles fan since i was little, and i always thought that listening to any of the songs live was something i would never be able to do. Three years ago i got invited to a Paul McCartney concert and ooooh boy, when i saw him playing that bass i got chills :knc_yuzu1: 

He played some of my favorite songs and singing Hey Jude with the crowd and him was amazing <3 

It was overshadowed because a week later i met one of my idols but still, it was a really cool experience! 

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Yes. it's like a feeling that even you make a mistake, you can't give up - you have to move on quickly, not looking back and continue as if nothing happened. Because people are watching you and they expecting a nice performance from you. And it's very nice to give something to people which make them happy. :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

Yes, if you give people all you've got, they will forget the mistake, because they can see you and your passion through whatever you do, and that's always a beautiful sensation.

I should have probably told myself these things after my last ever violin concert which ended in despair and tears although everyone actually enjoyed watching me play because I get pretty intense

12 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Quick anecdote: I'm a Beatles fan since i was little, and i always thought that listening to any of the songs live was something i would never be able to do. Three years ago i got invited to a Paul McCartney concert and ooooh boy, when i saw him playing that bass i got chills :knc_yuzu1: 

He played some of my favorite songs and singing Hey Jude with the crowd and him was amazing <3 

It was overshadowed because a week later i met one of my idols but still, it was a really cool experience! 

Abbey Road is my most favorite album. "Because the sky is blue it makes me cry..."

18 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

It's so good that you you had the opportunity to see Sir Paul live. I did, too, four years ago! The concert was amazing - after all those years he still clearly enjoys a lot what he's doing.

6 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Abbey Road is my most favorite album. "Because the sky is blue it makes me cry..."

Abbey Road is magnificient :smiley-love017: