Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

39 minutes ago, 野生の花 Yasei no hana said:

Take good care of yourself🙏💖 Covid brought my health &  professionnal life down almost 2 y.o...and I still couln't recover...even if I'm fully vaccinated and avoiding crowded places....like WC in my own Sth France area...🥺😭

Please, take good care of yourselves and of your loved ones , dear satellites and everyone 🌸🙏💖

• 2 months later...

Never again will I see someone being rewarded with points for transitions they didn't do. That's not so bad, actually.

Somehow I like the idea that some of his achievements will forever be untouchable. The only one in history who ever got a perfect 10 in interpretation of music. 

Transitions have only been a part of this sport for less than 20 years. When little Yuzu started skating, there were no transitions and yet he fell in love with this sport. 

Complete programs have been created before transitions were included in the rules. Even transitions have been done before.

Never underestimate Mr Hanyu. He has proven more than once that his mind is deeper than we can imagine. He will make something out of this. I can‘t wait to see it.

It is so easy to be his fan. Whatever happens, we can 100% rely on him to react with honesty and dignity. ありがとう。

• 2 weeks later...

Just some random thoughts and feelings I've been having. 

I'm so lonely even though I have friends. I feel like we're drifting from each other and I'm being left behind. It's so difficult for me to make friends and I just constantly feel lonely. I want to make friends and meet people but I don't know where to start. This should not be this difficult for me... 

• 1 month later...
Guest turquoiseblue
On 8/1/2022 at 9:36 AM, birnasan said:

I can‘t believe they are still reposting my S. translation. After more than 4 months. And still without credits, of course. I really shouldn‘t do this anymore…

I'm sorry to hear it's still happening :14066882: Do they copy and paste your translations or do they take screenshots of them?

51 minutes ago, turquoiseblue said:

I'm sorry to hear it's still happening :14066882: Do they copy and paste your translations or do they take screenshots of them?

Thank you for your kind words! :flowers:
As far as I know, it was only one of my translations. It was first copy/pasted on Reddit, and that Reddit post was then shared and quoted all over the internet. It's really everywhere, and it still shows up, the Reddit link has even been shared here on the Planet recently.
I shouldn't care, this is the internet, and I am probably just overly sensitive :unsure2:

16 minutes ago, birnasan said:

As far as I know, it was only one of my translations. It was first copy/pasted on Reddit, and that Reddit post was then shared and quoted all over the internet. It's really everywhere, and it still shows up, the Reddit link has even been shared here on the Planet recently.
I shouldn't care, this is the internet, and I am probably just overly sensitive :unsure2:

Maybe I'm too sensitive about privacy too, but I don't like to read what's going on with your translations. That the general thread is public doesn't mean that anyone can go and take what they want and post it anywhere without crediting the source. I see that too often and it bothers me as much as it makes me angry.

There really are too many people without any shame :(

18 minutes ago, Anabel said:

Maybe I'm too sensitive about privacy too, but I don't like to read what's going on with your translations. That the general thread is public doesn't mean that anyone can go and take what they want and post it anywhere without crediting the source. I see that too often and it bothers me as much as it makes me angry.

There really are too many people without any shame :(

Thank you, but I think such things are happening in the internet all the time. I am not used to it because I usually don‘t do social media. But I don‘t want to bother all satellites with this topic. It has already helped me to vent my feelings here in this thread :yes:

I don't use social media much either, maybe that's why I also feel very annoyed with these things. Maybe I'm outdated, but I wish people were more respectful of these things.

If posting here has helped you to vent even a little, I'm glad :agree2:

Guest turquoiseblue
13 hours ago, birnasan said:

I must have missed that, though I visit the Planet and Reddit almost every day :O I don't think you are overly sensitive at all. Since you did put a warning on your posts, everyone should respect it.

One of the ideas I came up with is to create a private translation thread that only satellites with a certain number of posts can access. 

The other idea is to make and share watermarked images. It takes a little bit of extra time to make such images, and they can still steal them and convert them into text in order to copy and paste part (or the whole) of your translation they want to repost, but it could prevent or stop some people from easily stealing your content.

I just made one with dummy text and watermark :68271262:

rMrkif7.jpg

If someone has better ideas, please do share them :snonegai:

1 hour ago, turquoiseblue said:

I must have missed that, though I visit the Planet and Reddit almost every day :O I don't think you are overly sensitive at all. Since you did put a warning on your posts, everyone should respect it.

One of the ideas I came up with is to create a private translation thread that only satellites with a certain number of posts can access. 

The other idea is to make and share watermarked images. It takes a little bit of extra time to make such images, and they can still steal them and convert them into text in order to copy and paste part (or the whole) of your translation they want to repost, but it could prevent or stop some people from easily stealing your content.

Thank you so much for putting so much thought into this! For now, I have decided to take a break. 

But if I want to come back at some point, I like the idea of a private thread that isn‘t visible for everyone. I just don‘t know how to do that :laughing:

But who knows if there will even be much to translate from now on. There won‘t be as many interviews with coaches or choreographers anymore (and I will miss that, because the people around Yuzu are all very special and their interviews were always inspiring). 

But again, thank you so much for your thoughts and ideas, they are really helpful! :thanks:

Guest turquoiseblue
11 hours ago, birnasan said:

Thank you so much for putting so much thought into this! For now, I have decided to take a break. 

But if I want to come back at some point, I like the idea of a private thread that isn‘t visible for everyone. I just don‘t know how to do that :laughing:

But who knows if there will even be much to translate from now on. There won‘t be as many interviews with coaches or choreographers anymore (and I will miss that, because the people around Yuzu are all very special and their interviews were always inspiring). 

But again, thank you so much for your thoughts and ideas, they are really helpful! :thanks:

Only the admin team can create private threads/subforums. We can make a suggestion if we want a private thread dedicated to translations in the future. It would be great to have it not only to prevent content theft but also to archive all the translations you have shared in one place. It will make it easier for new satellites to find old interviews and for old satellites to reread them :reading:

As for making watermarked images, maybe it's not the best solution. It's not friendly to those who read the Planet via Google Translate :tumblr_inline_n2pjd8JxGM1qdlkyg:

Anyway, thank you for bringing this up and sharing what was happening online with us. I think it's important to be aware of things around and outside the Planet and feelings and experiences that our satellites are having so that we can always discuss them and also find a solution together, if needed, to make our Planet a better place :10742289:

I hope you have a good break :tumblr_inline_nhkezmYSxk1qid2nw: You deserve it :10742288: 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uy4TxGJ16kQ

Very random, until now I never watched Pawn Sacrifice again after finding Yuzuru... During the scene when Bobby Fischer quits, he immediately came to mind, it made me laugh because it was weirdly fitting but still totally incongruous: 

"Everybody knows what's going on, the corrupt federation does nothing to stop it! There can be no legitimate world champion if I'm not playing. And I'm not gonna play! Because this is unfair, it's unjust, it's immoral. I quit! I don't just quit this tournament, I am quitting chess!!"