Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

14 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I am currently knitting a pair of socks (yes, with Yuzu-themed design (my own design!)) as a form of support for Yuzu.

As it so happens, it turns out also to be the seventh pair of socks I am knitting (I swear I didn't exactly plan for this!).

Anyway here's a progress picture

IMG_20220214_144812631_medium2.jpg

1 hour ago, DancingFeather said:

@Figure_Frenzy Did you make any progress with the socks?

I've done the heel but haven't gone much further on the foot 😓😩 — felt weirdly put off by how it currently looks (so different than my previous ones(!)).

I mean, I tried knitting a stranded sock now anyway, so of course it's gonna look different. I am going to continue knitting it again tomorrow 🙈🙈(26/02)

17 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I've done the heel but haven't gone much further on the foot 😓😩 — felt weirdly put off by how it currently looks (so different than my previous ones(!)).

I mean, I tried knitting a stranded sock now anyway, so of course it's gonna look different. I am going to continue knitting it again tomorrow 🙈🙈(26/02)

Come on, it doesn't need to be perfect! It's unique and certainly done with thoughts of Yuzu. Fighting! I've only knitted socks that look like a twisted tube, without heel - very easy and convenient. :lol:

38 minutes ago, DancingFeather said:

Come on, it doesn't need to be perfect! It's unique and certainly done with thoughts of Yuzu. Fighting! I've only knitted socks that look like a twisted tube, without heel - very easy and convenient. :lol:

I mean, yeah, it's the thought that counts :xD:, but when I saw the finished leg I felt like "OMG it looks so big, my leg is not this big..." and when I saw the heel it seemed also way bigger than my previous heels (despite knitting them over the same amount of stitches as in my previous socks).

I planned to resume knitting it after a day or two, but before you know it I left it in the bag for a little more than a week :xD: (tbf I had other hobbies to attend to! :P).

Thanks to your comment though, I finally pick it back up today 😅😅😂🤣🙈

Anyhow here's the progress picture:

IMG_20220226_163756844.jpg

Almost halfway through the foot, maybe tomorrow I'll start the toes (...and then I'll start the other sock!). 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:46 PM, Figure_Frenzy said:

This is before I knitted the toe — now the left sock is done (...well, not quite... I'd still have to weave in the ends 😩🙈🙈).

IMG_20220228_172301396_medium2.jpg

I just started knitting the right sock today, only a few rounds into the "Fly Yuzu" part yet again 🙈

It looks great! If socks could feel, they would be happy to warm a healthy ankle.

I sometimes darn in a few ends and then continue to knit and so on, it's less annoying.

Ten more rounds and it's time to do the heel again. Sorry for showing the inside out — the outer side photo will be there soon enough 🙈

IMG_20220307_172747319_medium2.jpg

(Also I am glad that this one ends up snugger (looks like it at least 🤔) — I should have just knitted it at my usual tension)

• 3 weeks later...

:smiley-sick010:  Roughly the second anniversary of our first lockdown and I have covid for the first time - all I can say is I’m glad I’m vaccinated and have had the booster.  Can’t summon the energy to watch WC and I’m certain emotionally I don’t have the patience to listen to the crap.

Hace 2 horas, Sombreuil said:

:smiley-sick010:  Roughly the second anniversary of our first lockdown and I have covid for the first time - all I can say is I’m glad I’m vaccinated and have had the booster.  Can’t summon the energy to watch WC and I’m certain emotionally I don’t have the patience to listen to the crap.

Take care.

Everythink around Worlds looks a little bit odd. 

Tbh only checked the thread here to see that Roman made the cut - a bit late so I saw that Jun didn’t have a good skate but hard to raise much more interest.

6 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Hope you recover quickly!

Been Covid free too for 2 years but with everything reopening like normal our Covid-free days are counted 😆

On 3/24/2022 at 4:35 PM, Sombreuil said:

Take good care of yourself🙏💖 Covid brought my health &  professionnal life down almost 2 y.o...and I still couln't recover...( Bc of other previous health issues) even if I'm fully vaccinated and avoiding crowded places....like WC in my own Sth France area...rn....🥺😭