Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

43 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Is the Planet Hanyu forum always this active during competitions? I've only ever been active during drought periods and it really surprised me to see so many people online and new posts being made every minute. I think it's already dying out now but still.

It used to be even more active. For the Olympics '18 the men's free skate thread was 200+ pages, 2019 Worlds men's FS thread nearly 200 pages. That's a lot of posts!

I loved proper seasons with proper competition,  JGP, ACI, GP placement talk, first and second pancakes, obligatory silver ( usually at Skate Canada), frantically trying to get links for Japanese nationals etc.  Competition threads moved fast and Olympics was best of all, because after that injury no one knew what would happen, US media had the medal round NCs neck already and were extremely loud and unpleasant about it, and we were watching his practices with bated breath.  2014-2018 was great despite the ups and downs because it generally played out in a very pleasant spirit, probably because there was no real US or Russian contender until the end.  However nice Yuzuru and NC are to each other, media spoil it.  When JF was his main rival you didn’t get Spanish commentators and media being snide and unpleasant, or Japanese media suggesting that PC should retire, and make way for others.  Watch the gala practice footage from PC - it was great.  

7 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

I loved proper seasons with proper competition,  JGP, ACI, GP placement talk, first and second pancakes, obligatory silver ( usually at Skate Canada), frantically trying to get links for Japanese nationals etc.  Competition threads moved fast and Olympics was best of all, because after that injury no one knew what would happen, US media had the medal round NCs neck already and were extremely loud and unpleasant about it, and we were watching his practices with bated breath.  2014-2018 was great despite the ups and downs because it generally played out in a very pleasant spirit, probably because there was no real US or Russian contender until the end.  However nice Yuzuru and NC are to each other, media spoil it.  When JF was his main rival you didn’t get Spanish commentators and media being snide and unpleasant, or Japanese media suggesting that PC should retire, and make way for others.  Watch the gala practice footage from PC - it was great.  

Yeah. I think overall's fine and its just the media making some of the things bitter.:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

3 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Haven't experinced an Olys season yet and I already hate it.

Oh  man I'm  so  sorry....

and yes during competitions  it's always like that.. I remember the forum being more active I couldn't  keep up last time. 

I  myself hadn't really have  a  chance  to  post for idk  how long because life takes over (more like work) and I sometimes don't even have  the  energy to relax or catch up. I  really wish I can still keep up and connect with you all.. but anyway since skating season (esp at time like this) is spaced apart for long it also kinda helps.. /unlike if you're following, let's say kpop where things often come by every week or so haha.

p.s. oh no why does  this have  to top

22 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Honestly I get really excited when my posts make it to the top of a new page. :laughing:

I confess I'm rather on the side of @dreamelena for this; maybe it would be different should I make a really informative, thorough contribution for once?

Even when I'm second, if the top message is rather short.

Yet I don't bother to count. 0:)

On 3/30/2021 at 7:34 PM, hananistellata said:

Honestly I get really excited when my posts make it to the top of a new page. :laughing:

Haha it's totally fine,  nothing wrong with that!! For me it's more like because I'm  not a regular visitor/poster here.. and rarely bring anything insightful :67638860:

On 3/30/2021 at 8:02 PM, SitTwizzle said:

I confess I'm rather on the side of @dreamelena for this; maybe it would be different should I make a really informative, thorough contribution for once?

Even when I'm second, if the top message is rather short.

Yet I don't bother to count. 0:)

I second this haha but anyway it's nothing significant, topping the page, most of the time. People wouldn't mind even if it's  not a  very important post/reply!  :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5:

On 3/30/2021 at 3:53 AM, hananistellata said:

Haven't experinced an Olys season yet and I already hate it.

I'm so sorry, you're felling this way

Beijing will be my 3rd Olympic season as figure skating fan and even though everyone have a different view i feel like the pre season is worse than the actual season, the amount of speculation going on right now about Yuzuru if he's gonna be in a good shape for the Olympics if he's gonna participate or not, the competitions going on, how the next season is gonna start all of this is very close to what I saw back in 2017/2018 when Yuzu had his ankle injury but in the end of the day when the season came everything settle down and at least for me the anxiety I was felling disappeared and all I wanted was to enjoy my favorite skaters programs, so take a deep breath and if you wanna participate in the discussions right now go for it but when the games start just enjoy it without being worried about scores or who's gonna win and your experience is gonna be good 

I hope this "motivational" kinda comment helps you enjoy this next Olympic season a little bit more :nod2: 

2 hours ago, hananistellata said:

To anyone who uses a Windows (10) PC, is it just me or does the quality of videos get completely ruined when you download them? At first I thought that maybe it was the converter that ruined the quality but videos seem fine when I download them on my phone. It could also be my graphics card but I feel like if that was the problem then it wouldn't just be the videos.

That kinda happened on my windows 10 laptop😭 idk if others face this too. 

I think I’m extremely tired and done with everything that is happening right now. The media and stuff that is happening to me irl almost sucked every bit of soul out of my body. Feeling empty haha. This year is extremely crucial for me, may God bless us:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

I avoided Twitter, watched Hope and Legacy and Rika’s Baby God Bless You to refill my empty shell.

We can do it:hachimaki_angryparty_: stay strong

:pudding:

4 hours ago, hananistellata said:

Aaaahhhh, I see. 😭 Did you end up doing something about it? I mean, is there even something that we can do about this?

Nah I just left it there :( if anyone has any idea how to fix this please tell us:embSwan:

Is this the right thread to post this?

The volcanic situation in St Vincent, a Caribbean island, has worsened and La Soufrière (this name means sulphur maker) has exploded its dome and created a new crater, while all population is not evacuated yet.

https://apnews.com/article/la-soufriere-volcano-eruption-st-vincent-caribbean-2c26166fa05e0ec6840669972ea1aaf0

:grouphug: