Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

12 hours ago, YuzuNekozuu said:

I feel that :((((( btw hope you feel better now!!!!!

Thanks for the wish (...again!) :') :') :')))

My left foot is slightly (somewhat) better now, it still hurts if I put pressure on it while walking but not as bad as yesterday. Oh well, I guess I should just stay home (it's still lockdown after all ;þ) until it heals...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't know where to put this so I'll just put it here :)

Cute Japanese 1 year old watching woman's Japanese Nationals skating.

I love this channel the family is too cute! Plus its great for listening and reading practice for a beginner Japanese learner. 

So basically in the Chinese fanyu group chat, they were already talking about buying tickets for Beijing 2022, and were debating if Yuzu is going for it.

Like the chat just went from buying tickets to stuff about themselves being broke, and to buying pooh jackets, booking hotels and stuff till someone popped out and said "Hey! Don't forget about our country too!!":rofl3:  I love this sport too much. So fun. Hectic fans. I love them so much.:xD:

On 12/27/2020 at 12:20 PM, Glory said:

Don't know where to put this so I'll just put it here :)

Cute Japanese 1 year old watching woman's Japanese Nationals skating.

I love this channel the family is too cute! Plus its great for listening and reading practice for a beginner Japanese learner. 

Aww, looks like we’ve got a little clockwise spinner on our hands.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:09 AM, YuzuNekozuu said:

So basically in the Chinese fanyu group chat, they were already talking about buying tickets for Beijing 2022, and were debating if Yuzu is going for it.

Like the chat just went from buying tickets to stuff about themselves being broke, and to buying pooh jackets, booking hotels and stuff till someone popped out and said "Hey! Don't forget about our country too!!":rofl3:  I love this sport too much. So fun. Hectic fans. I love them so much.:xD:

I’m with them... I have accepted my fate that I need to start saving now for planes and hotels in case I can get tickets...

1 hour ago, river said:

I’m with them... I have accepted my fate that I need to start saving now for planes and hotels in case I can get tickets...

Great for you guys. Good luck for getting the tickets!! Its sonna be on sale soon. Maybe next month or March.

During the Olympics I have to stay with my fam at home for Chinese New Year...plus the ticket price and all the transportation fees for Olympics is unfriendly for a uni student like me. I can only watch it from home.  Sad

(I suddenly hope I was born a few years earlier.:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, hananistellata said:

Anyone ever thought about how atheletes get paid after retiring? I know most of them still have social media sponsors but do they receive money from anywhere else?

In figure skating, after retiring most skaters skate for shows. They may earn more or less depending on their popularity and the place of the shows.

Most, also, study apart from skating; often to become coaches in turn, but not always. Some countries have special "tracks" in parallel with competitive skating, for coach training; in some countries too, where tertiary studies are often expensive, some universities may have grants for athletes.

And then, there may be sponsors, depending again on a skater's popularity and his image reflecting companies' image, and the skater's willing to endorse the companies' values.

Just now, hananistellata said:

Do I still have that little palm thingy under my profile picture? I can't remember if I'm supposed to see it too or after how many posts/how many months after joining it takes for it to leave.

This thought won't let me sleep at night. :sadPooh:

I see nothing now, but as I'm not a keen observer, I couldn't tell when it disappeared.

And you're still a tissue box, but not for long. :wink2:

Distracting myself with hot Sauron debate from the judging

the quote-retweets are hilarious. Some people know nothing about pre 3rd age ME. That's going to be quite fun when the Amazon Series finally drops.

ETA: I will also be using þauron instead of Sauron for the forseable future (if i remember to)

8 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

Distracting myself with hot Sauron debate from the judging

the quote-retweets are hilarious. Some people know nothing about pre 3rd age ME. That's going to be quite fun when the Amazon Series finally drops.

ETA: I will also be using þauron instead of Sauron for the forseable future (if i remember to)

There are whole sites on the Web, even for those who didn't read The Silmarillion and others.

My family think it’s extremely weird too - ‘why are you madly typing whilst watching tv/your iPad - how can you have so much to say to people you don’t know ‘ .  I tell them as I don’t ‘know’  anyone who is interested in skating I have to rely on the kindness of strangers to feed my obsession.  I also invite them to sit down and watch and rant with me, at which point they usually leave me to it!

1 hour ago, Sombreuil said:

My family think it’s extremely weird too - ‘why are you madly typing whilst watching tv/your iPad - how can you have so much to say to people you don’t know ‘ .  I tell them as I don’t ‘know’  anyone who is interested in skating I have to rely on the kindness of strangers to feed my obsession.  I also invite them to sit down and watch and rant with me, at which point they usually leave me to it!

Same!!!

But the ranting part. My dad mentioned about biased judging once and afterwards I’m the one ranting to him 1 h straight about judging in figure skating. He sat through:xD: . Thank you dad and sorry for interrupting your football game

I am feeling increasingly irritated by my nearest and dearest.  I am a bit quiet, not particularly chatty this evening, for reasons which must be perfectly obvious since I wasn’t left in peace to watch on my own. I very much resent attempts to jolly me along, given that any time the Team lose a big championships there is wailing and gnashing of teeth, and a good week to a month of sullen behaviour, depending on the importance of the competition.  It’s as though my sporting interests are less valid than theirs.  It’s annoying me - I’d like to be left to mope in peace for a bit.

24 minutes ago, hananistellata said:

Is the Planet Hanyu forum always this active during competitions? I've only ever been active during drought periods and it really surprised me to see so many people online and new posts being made every minute. I think it's already dying out now but still.

Yeah haha to keep track!!

I didn't have an account during olys 18, but I constantly checked this forum and that was BEYOND CRAZY. Pages can go +5 or more in a few minutes,, 

and after i took a nap... I couldn't breathe