Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

@Sombreuil it's really borne out of necessity :xD: — before I moved away I usually just went to a hairdresser as well, but now that I cannot afford hairdresser as easily I have to do it myself, it took a while until I nailed it 😂.

@sweetwater I put my hair in an updo too, up until to a point when the weather become just too unbearable for my scalp (my hair is just that thick 😅). Also I just use a normal paper scissors to cut it 😅😂🙈 — works well enough for me 😃😂

• 2 weeks later...

I hate distant teaching and e-learning with passion. I used to prepare my lecture, go to the university, give my two hour lecture and that's it. Now, I am preparing the lecture in three different formats for everyone device, making videos (horrible and time consuming), answering a ton of emails, answering dozens of class comments, online meetings, assignments making and marking, and a total loss of privacy and me time.

As if that is not enough, I got a comment from a student on the latest lecture that I worked on for hours telling me that they do not understand anything I am teaching, that I am only putting out pdf files (the video was just below his comment), and that I should find a solution to their problem because my efforts are being wasted and they are feeling sorry for me.

Honestly, I don't know whether I should be angry or sad. I certainly gave him a piece of my mind but I am still unsatisfied because I know that it will not change anything and my efforts are indeed wasted on them.

Forgive me ranting but:

I wish people would stop calling earlier adaptations of a book/Manga/etc "the Original"...it makes english language discussions so fucking frustrating...No adaptation is "the Original" that would be the source material...

90s Sailor Moon anime is Not the Original, neither is 2003 fma nor 2001 Fruits Basket.

• 2 weeks later...

We have martens again in our attic...:help: they are ranting so loud in the early morning hours, it sounds like they are rushing from one end to another and then moving big objects. There are at least two of them but maybe even more. :scared0011: Since my bedroom is in the loft I can hear them even louder. We had them around 8-10 years ago and now they are back. Gosh.

15 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

We have martens again in our attic...:help: they are ranting so loud in the early morning hours, it sounds like they are rushing from one end to another and then moving big objects. There are at least two of them but maybe even more. :scared0011: Since my bedroom is in the loft I can hear them even louder. We had them around 8-10 years ago and now they are back. Gosh.

Such wonderful creatures... If a parent misses, or if there is not enough food, the strongest in the nest tries to take off even if it is too early, but then can be bred rather easily by humans (well, it is rather time-consuming).

On 7/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Oh gosh we've had squirrels in our attic before. Pest control said it would be $7000 to remove them!! We moved instead. Martens sound worse based on your description. I hope they leave your attic soon!

5 hours ago, Glory said:

Oh gosh we've had squirrels in our attic before. Pest control said it would be $7000 to remove them!! We moved instead. Martens sound worse based on your description. I hope they leave your attic soon!

I don't know for squirrels, but I never found martens a nuisance at all.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:31 AM, Glory said:

Squirrels are cute here, we have them in our garden, jumping on the trees and on the rooftops every day. We have the red ones, which are calmer than the grey squirrels (I only saw the grey ones in the UK and at GPF in Turin, those were bigger and surprisingly not afraid of the people around them, quite the opposite)

I took this picture last year :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw::img_21:

H5IhThJ.jpg

Martens are loud and they rant a lot, they love jumping on cars, chewing the cables and eating them. They are active mostly in the early morning hours...last time we turned on the radio really loudly in the attic and now they seem to be gone. But once it starts raining again/it gets colder, they'll be back in no time :P

29 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Squirrels are cute here, we have them in our garden, jumping on the trees and on the rooftops every day. We have the red ones, which are calmer than the grey squirrels (I only saw the grey ones in the UK and at GPF in Turin, those were bigger and surprisingly not afraid of the people around them, quite the opposite)

H5IhThJ.jpg

Martens are loud and they rant a lot, they love jumping on cars, chewing the cables and eating them. They are active mostly in the early morning hours...last time we switched on the radio really loudly in the attic and now they seem to be gone. But once it starts raining again/it gets colder, they'll be back in no time :P

Oh, thank you for the description, I had read "martens" and understood "common swift" (martinet in French) without a doubt! :drama: No, but how can I be so dumb?

In Southwestern France, under roofs beech martens are more common and they can ruin an insulation.

I understand grey squirrels are American ones, an invasive species threatening the red European squirrel.

This one has impressive ear-tufts!

4 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

H5IhThJ.jpg

Martens are loud and they rant a lot, they love jumping on cars, chewing the cables and eating them. They are active mostly in the early morning hours...last time we turned on the radio really loudly in the attic and now they seem to be gone. But once it starts raining again/it gets colder, they'll be back in no time :P

Aww your squirrels are so so cute!! I've see online that there are places that have black squirrels that have the ear tufts. Do you have black ones too? 

Our squirrels here in the US aren't as cute as yours but I still think they're kinda cute as long as they aren't making noise in our attic. We have chipmunks too. I love them. 

Martens sound like a really annoying animal to have around. Sounds like living with monkeys!

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

The temperature is 51°C today. We are only getting electricity 8 hours a day... I feel like I am going to melt. I think I know now what to expect if I go to hell after I die :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: 

Awww!

I think of you... Here in Northern Germany I am under the impression that summer isn't here yet...