Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

On 5/31/2019 at 7:07 PM, WinForPooh said:

Good Omens dropped today and it's just... I'd better hydrate A LOT. Pterry, what a loss you are to the world that could sorely use you right about now! 

GNU Terry Pratchett. 

It's soooo good. Or I'm just blinded by Michael Sheen and David Tennant's charms :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

It's soooo good. Or I'm just blinded by Michael Sheen and David Tennant's charms :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I want to get everything I have to do done in the next week and then settle down and watch it all again, I've only watched it once so far. :D I love what Michael Sheen and David Tennant did. I have loved that book forever - I keep having to get new copies because every time I meet somebody who seems to appreciate the same kind of humour that I do, I give them my copy of Good Omens. :lol: 

no1 son enjoyed a yuzu pale ale today - and I did my 1000th crane.  Quietly satisfying - and the ale was very refreshing according to the consumer.

• 4 weeks later...

This moment when you won the vote and the students chose you as one of the best professors of the faculty, but the university will not pay you a prize (money) because you are a contract employee. :salty:  But encouragement from students is the best. :devilYuzu:

8 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

This moment when you won the vote and the students chose you as one of the best professors of the faculty, but the university will not pay you a prize (money) because you are a contract employee. :salty:  But encouragement from students is the best. :devilYuzu:

that sounds like a stupid cop-out 

10 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Money might be nice, but the truth is in the student´s vote, in my opinion😊.

Congratulations! 😊

On 6/14/2019 at 11:18 PM, WinForPooh said:

How did your piano exams go?

I only just noticed this question- I’m so sorry!  I don’t take exams - my teacher is quite exam focused but accepts that I’ve sat enough exams thank you and prefer to doodle around with stuff I’ve always wanted to be able to play ( principally Bach) and stuff that catches my fancy like the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack and my new Japanese book.  My ability to practice is limited but I do love it when I crack a piece.

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

I only just noticed this question- I’m so sorry!  I don’t take exams - my teacher is quite exam focused but accepts that I’ve sat enough exams thank you and prefer to doodle around with stuff I’ve always wanted to be able to play ( principally Bach) and stuff that catches my fancy like the Pride and Prejudice soundtrack and my new Japanese book.  My ability to practice is limited but I do love it when I crack a piece.

Oh that's okay! 

Your way sounds a lot more enjoyable and a lot less stressful than the whole exams thing, honestly. Exams add this dimension of dread even to things you really love doing, I still have exam nightmares even if I haven't sat for one in anything in years. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've been listening to The Beatles this whole week, because I was preparing for the Annual Beatles Quiz.  First I was hesitant to register for the game but my sister encouraged me to give it a try this year as well. Two years ago I already was in the final, then I got the 2nd place. 

So I listened all of their albums, singles and EPs between 1962 and 1970 once again.  I was only a substitute this time because I sent my replies to the preliminary round a bit late. But then came the surprise today when they called my name to the podium, which meant I got into the final. :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: There were 8 of us, and there was a quarterfinal, semifinal and then the Big Final. We had to guess Beatles songs from 1-1.5 seconds and those who guessed more songs correctly could go to the next round...so I played the first two rounds that I won, and got into the Big Final, where my opponent was a very nice young Japanese medical student! The Final was very difficult because we had to guess 9 songs and from some songs they only played the bass part, not more than 3-4 seconds. :O 

So the Japanese boy beat me 3 to 2 and got the main prize, an original Höfner guitar (this is a German company that made Paul McCartney's famous bass guitar back in 1963).

It was so much fun to play but at the same time it's really not easy to play in front of hundreds of people watching me on a podium, it's just a different feeling. :dbana:I am laughing at myself once again though because every time I enter some competition I always win "only" the 2nd prize and today was no exception either :D 

Next time I'm going to get that gold medal :laughing:

Lately I've been ordering things from Japanese online shops and getting them delivered to my parents in Japan. This has started off with 黒砂糖まんじゅう (kuro-zatou manju) that Yuzu had sent to ToshI while FaOI. Because it looked so nice (I've eaten them before) in ToshI's photos, I just went online and ordered them right after I've seen the photo. Then I've ordered some more stuff online and got them delivered to the parents again. But really, I wanted to get them for myself!! My parents must have been wondering why all of a sudden these sweets started to arrive. ofc I've told them that I'd ordered them because I wanted to treat them and they cannot know the real reason. :13877886::13877886:

10 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Lately I've been ordering things from Japanese online shops and getting them delivered to my parents in Japan. This has started off with 黒砂糖まんじゅう (kuro-zatou manju) that Yuzu had sent to ToshI while FaOI. Because it looked so nice (I've eaten them before) in ToshI's photos, I just went online and ordered them right after I've seen the photo. Then I've ordered some more stuff online and got them delivered to the parents again. But really, I wanted to get them for myself!! My parents must have been wondering why all of a sudden these sweets started to arrive. ofc I've told them that I'd ordered them because I wanted to treat them and they cannot know the real reason. :13877886::13877886:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Is it this one? It looks soo good. Is it chocolate inside or something else? (I am a big fan of chocolates).

slider01.jpg

(x)

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Is it this one? It looks soo good. Is it chocolate inside or something else? (I am a big fan of chocolates).

slider01.jpg

(x)

Yes these are the ones. No they're not filled with chocolate but are with red bean paste (小豆餡) If you're not familiar with Japanese/Chinese sweet bean paste, you might find it a bit strange:68468287: I'm sure Yuzu had eaten them before and that's why he's sending them as gifts. He loves zunda which is a version of bean paste so I'm sure he likes standard red bean paste too!

53 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yes these are the ones. No they're not filled with chocolate but are with red bean paste (小豆餡) If you're not familiar with Japanese/Chinese sweet bean paste, you might find it a bit strange:68468287: I'm sure Yuzu had eaten them before and that's why he's sending them as gifts. He loves zunda which is a version of bean paste so I'm sure he likes standard red bean paste too!

I am not familiar with them but I'd like to try it one day. I am sure it tastes great!