Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

10 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Reveal hidden contents

What does it say about me that the first thing that occurred to me was 'so did you have blood noodles' and only after that did 'oh I hope it stops hurting soon!' come to my head. 

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I was eating Samyang Mala hot stirfry noodles, so there you go...

15 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I was eating Samyang Mala hot stirfry noodles, so there you go...

Then you might not have noticed any very slight, umm, additional flavour! :P Seriously though I know how annoying it is to have a painful fingertip, we tend to take them for granted when they're fine but when they're swollen or bruised you begin to realise just how much you use them for everything! I hope it gets back to normal soon. I opened a can without a can opener the other day and cut my thumb, it was extremely inconvenient but had a much faster healing time than your nail. Still, it was an excellent excuse to get takeout for dinner. :D 

• 2 weeks later...

The Team is playing in Europe tonight - the noise when they score!  If I make that much noise in the small hours of Wednesday morning if Sui/Han & James/Cipres slay in pairs and wake em all up there’ll be hell to pay.

On 2/27/2019 at 7:39 PM, Figure_Frenzy said:

Put it inside the spoilers because it can get a bit graphic for some people...

Also yeah I need to put this out from my system so...

Hide contents

Last Saturday I cut my left index finger nail (yes, nail) while cooking instant noodle (when I tried to cut open the sauce pack to pour on the cooked noodle — I just happened to be extra clumsy that night -_- . I swear, I am more dextrous than this). But a cut, bleeding nail didn't stop me from cooking the noodle of course, so I continued stirring the noodle, having been poured the sauce, in the pot until it was ready, and then when it was ready I went back into my room, applied as many band-aids as tightly as possible on my fingertip and then went back to the kitchen to eat the noodle.

The fingertip hurt for a while until today (27/02), when it stopped hurting so much. The dead nail part also got detached from the finger, and it got clipped off.

I am glad that it looks alright now, more or less, it's just that my left index finger nail will look ugly for a while, but that's alright (I'll still have to be careful about it though >_< )

Spoiler

Oh gosh, I hope it heals up soon!

If it makes you feel any better, I don't need to be any clumsier than usual for things like that to happen. :68468287: 

On 2/27/2019 at 9:58 PM, WinForPooh said:

Hide contents

What does it say about me that the first thing that occurred to me was 'so did you have blood noodles' and only after that did 'oh I hope it stops hurting soon!' come to my head. 

Spoiler

The same thing it says about me, I suppose. :laughing:

4 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

The Team is playing in Europe tonight - the noise when they score!  If I make that much noise in the small hours of Wednesday morning if Sui/Han & James/Cipres slay in pairs and wake em all up there’ll be hell to pay.

Well that explains which The Team is! :lol: You must have a house full of very happy people today. 

7 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

Hide contents

Oh gosh, I hope it heals up soon!

If it makes you feel any better, I don't need to be any clumsier than usual for things like that to happen. :68468287: 

Hide contents

The same thing it says about me, I suppose. :laughing:

Thanks for the comment, I am happy to report that it's alright now, more or less, it's just that the nail tip looks weird :xD:, give one or two more weeks it will look completely normal again :lol:

2 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Extremely random: Does anyone follow the habit of having afternoon tea, or fika or any other sort of organized refreshment break? 

At my work we just sort of graze all day if someone brings in goodies.:emot-11tea:

:coffeebath:

me at least when my hours are regular ..but then again as uni student they rarely are

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm barely excited about worlds bc two weeks ago a family member died and the next day my bf broke up with me completely out of the blue :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: 

I need The Hanyu badly, to get some joy into my life again :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

:consoling2: So sorry you're having a rough time. Only a few days now... maybe even hours before we see or hear something from himself....

2 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm barely excited about worlds bc two weeks ago a family member died and the next day my bf broke up with me completely out of the blue :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: 

I need The Hanyu badly, to get some joy into my life again :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

Oh I am so sorry.  Take it easy, be kind to yourself and let's hope the skating gods are also kind to help you through the worst of the dark spot.

There’s a line in the film ‘Love Actually’ which helped me a lot last year when I was coping with bereavement and serious illness in the family.  The Emma Thompson character says to the recently widowed Liam Neeson character who is having a totally understandable melt down ‘ This was always going to be a really shit time’ or words to that effect. Sympathy can help but in the end there are just shit times and we just have to cope by whatever means we can.  I really feel for you - done it myself, am currently easing members of my family through personal heartbreak as well as the first anniversary of the death of a close family member.  It just takes time but it’s awful while that time passes. 

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm so sorry, that sucks. Here, have hugs whenever you'd like them. :hugs:Once he lands and we start getting news, maybe the rising panic will at least be a distraction? 

Spoiler

There's a saying my mum loves when anybody in the family is dealing with a breakup, or a person they cared about walking out of their lives without really giving them a chance to understand why. If your nose will fly off when you sneeze, just let it go. It sounds a lot more alliterative in my mother tongue, but the idea usually helps come to terms with the whole 'it's out of  the blue' feeling. A nose that flies off when you sneeze isn't a nose worth holding on to anyway.

19 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

Well, I will definitely not claim I can help you with this, having also going through the same thing (more or less, it's been almost two years since my first heartbreak, ha ha :'D ), so all I can say is, look at your self now — your lungs are still breathing, right? Heart still beating, life goes on...

Heartbreak hurts, not gonna claim otherwise, but after a while the pain does subside, even if only a little. In the meantime, if you feel sad about it, then well, it's alright, just accept the feeling, it needs to be gone through until one gets to the place of relief.

Life goes on... :'))

(Pain from losing a family member is another thing, and this time I cannot comment anything noteworthy on that so I'll just send you a virtual hug for it :hugs:, condolences to you and your family...)

12 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

If your nose will fly off when you sneeze, just let it go. It sounds a lot more alliterative in my mother tongue, but the idea usually helps come to terms with the whole 'it's out of  the blue' feeling. A nose that flies off when you sneeze isn't a nose worth holding on to anyway

This is a hilariously wise saying (wisely hilarious? :lol: :rofl:), just the imagery of it can really make you feel better :rofl: