Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Figure skating as a sport is so weird sometimes. I mean it's so cut throat but with this veneer of niceness that's sometimes so shallow... Like, right now, there's a football game going on between two teams, let's call them A and B. I can honestly say that I don't give a single, solitary f*ck whether B wins or loses, but I sure as sh*t am rooting for A to lose. And I'm not being unusually petty, this is the accepted and overwhelming sentiment among all people who support the team I do (which is an entirely different team C)! Because A and C are traditional rivals who are supposed to hate each other! It's so odd, how different sports are seen so differently.

I feel so lonely today. My sister just flew from our home country here to visit for 2 weeks, and she's leaving tonight to go back. You know, it takes so long to get used to being alone, but it takes just a few minutes to forget it. Now I'll start getting used to it all over again.

This makes me miss Yuzu even more, too. I want to see him. I'll sleep with my Pyeongchang Ice Jewels photobook today boohoo :sad-smiley-046:

My dear satellites,

It is highly possible that five months later I would move to Phoenix city, Arizona State in US for my phd study. If anyone lives in or near this place, or temporally visit there, please tell me and we should hang out!!!

On 2/15/2019 at 6:02 AM, VyVy99 said:

I feel so lonely today. My sister just flew from our home country here to visit for 2 weeks, and she's leaving tonight to go back. You know, it takes so long to get used to being alone, but it takes just a few minutes to forget it. Now I'll start getting used to it all over again.

This makes me miss Yuzu even more, too. I want to see him. I'll sleep with my Pyeongchang Ice Jewels photobook today boohoo :sad-smiley-046:

Hope you are feeling better :snpeace:

10 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

Hope you are feeling better :snpeace:

Haha yes~ Just as she went home we are meet with so much Yuzu content. The Olympics anniversary, Laureus, so it was less quiet. He always appears in time to fill my void :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I had a sudden urge of eating prosciutto, grissini, and shaved Parmigiano cheese with a glass of wine.

My diet is into 6th week and I really want to have nice cheese and cracker right now...:13877886:

Hang in there, my dear, hang in there! You're gonna look nice and slim in summer! Think like this! :biggrin:

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I had a sudden urge of eating prosciutto, grissini, and shaved Parmigiano cheese with a glass of wine.

My diet is into 6th week and I really want to have nice cheese and cracker right now...:13877886:

Don't deny yourself, it will only make things harder. If you really want to eat something do it but in a small portion and make sure you make up for it by cutting something else to compensate. A diet is supposed to help you not punish you.

Good luck and stay strong  :cheer:

3 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I am also in diet, I mean most of my life is in diet. But I am thinking to buy some alcohol drinks during Worlds, and hope it could relax myself a little bit (probably not)

On 2/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, WinForPooh said:

Figure skating as a sport is so weird sometimes. I mean it's so cut throat but with this veneer of niceness that's sometimes so shallow... Like, right now, there's a football game going on between two teams, let's call them A and B. I can honestly say that I don't give a single, solitary f*ck whether B wins or loses, but I sure as sh*t am rooting for A to lose. And I'm not being unusually petty, this is the accepted and overwhelming sentiment among all people who support the team I do (which is an entirely different team C)! Because A and C are traditional rivals who are supposed to hate each other! It's so odd, how different sports are seen so differently.

I don’t know which football you refer to - ‘soccer’ ‘american football’ or Gaelic or Aussie rules - or even rugby - but it’s definitely true of football and rugby here - and Gaelic football for the Irish half of the family.

On a different note I really resent the use of the word ‘we’ sometimes.  As in ‘ We’ve all got to keep on pulling together to make things work for X’.  And you hear it and smile and nod and say all the right things but inside there’s someone yelling at the top of their voice “ WE -  who is this f***ing ‘WE’ “ to this person who hasn’t been near X around whom we’re ‘all’ rallying since Christmas....

11 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

On a different note I really resent the use of the word ‘we’ sometimes.  As in ‘ We’ve all got to keep on pulling together to make things work for X’.  And you hear it and smile and nod and say all the right things but inside there’s someone yelling at the top of their voice “ WE -  who is this f***ing ‘WE’ “ to this person who hasn’t been near X around whom we’re ‘all’ rallying since Christmas....

Completely random heh! but this makes me glad that I am a native speaker of a language where there are "inclusive we" and "exclusive we" — so handy one can take it for granted, until one speaks in another language (without this feature) more often and stumbles upon this problem every now and then...

...and that discussion you quoted here, that seems familiar to me too, but I'll stop at that >_< ....

Put it inside the spoilers because it can get a bit graphic for some people...

Also yeah I need to put this out from my system so...

Spoiler

Last Saturday I cut my left index finger nail (yes, nail) while cooking instant noodle (when I tried to cut open the sauce pack to pour on the cooked noodle — I just happened to be extra clumsy that night -_- . I swear, I am more dextrous than this). But a cut, bleeding nail didn't stop me from cooking the noodle of course, so I continued stirring the noodle, having been poured the sauce, in the pot until it was ready, and then when it was ready I went back into my room, applied as many band-aids as tightly as possible on my fingertip and then went back to the kitchen to eat the noodle.

The fingertip hurt for a while until today (27/02), when it stopped hurting so much. The dead nail part also got detached from the finger, and it got clipped off.

I am glad that it looks alright now, more or less, it's just that my left index finger nail will look ugly for a while, but that's alright (I'll still have to be careful about it though >_< )

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Put it inside the spoilers because it can get a bit graphic for some people...

Also yeah I need to put this out from my system so...

Hide contents

Last Saturday I cut my left index finger nail (yes, nail) while cooking instant noodle (when I tried to cut open the sauce pack to pour on the cooked noodle — I just happened to be extra clumsy that night -_- . I swear, I am more dextrous than this). But a cut, bleeding nail didn't stop me from cooking the noodle of course, so I continued stirring the noodle, having been poured the sauce, in the pot until it was ready, and then when it was ready I went back into my room, applied as many band-aids as tightly as possible on my fingertip and then went back to the kitchen to eat the noodle.

The fingertip hurt for a while until today (27/02), when it stopped hurting so much. The dead nail part also got detached from the finger, and it got clipped off.

I am glad that it looks alright now, more or less, it's just that my left index finger nail will look ugly for a while, but that's alright (I'll still have to be careful about it though >_< )

Spoiler

What does it say about me that the first thing that occurred to me was 'so did you have blood noodles' and only after that did 'oh I hope it stops hurting soon!' come to my head.