Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

I’m probably at the other end of the spectrum age wise, and I’m ready to reach the end of the ‘let’s all just get together bit’ - I suspect 70% of people at least would agree - lovely to see people- lovely to go/ see them go.  

No. 1 son bought me a hanyu calendar- who ever dreamed they were listening- haven’t had an Uchimura present in 10 years...

Hi! I was really reaaaaally sick after nationals and everything is a blur between eating, coughing, sneezing, a bit of celebrating and a lot, lot of fever sleep, which brings me here.

I had one of the most intense figure skating related fever dreams I've ever had the pleasure of having xD.

It all started because I'm a fan of a particular young pianist and I dreamed of sending him a video of Olys Chopin and telling him it would be a dream come true to see him perform along with Yuzu, and somehow the pianist got obsessed and reached out and became a fanyu, then he moved everything on earth so they could do a show together...and somehow I became involved in the planning of the show and ended up selling the thing to a bank here that pretty much bankrolls entertainment like there's no tomorrow...so we had a freaking HUGE ice show coming to Mexico and I was at the heart of the planning and I had NO idea of how to do anything but it was a kind dream so everything seemed to go smoothly with the preparations and whatnot...

Then came the second part of the dream, when the skaters and performers actually arrived and I was tearing my hair out because I had not thought of who was going to go pick them up at airports and the hotels and ahhh it was a mess and I somehow did everything myself, the picking up, the delivering, the getting the meals, the touring, everything xD and obviously the most important part of the dream: Yuzu!

Yuzu was very nice and agreeable and polite and I somehow held it together and was polite, professional and attentive (I'd like to think that this is how I'd actually be in such a situation, but I really doubt it :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:), I did tell him I was a huge fan of his skating and that I wanted to do a photoshoot and videoshoot of him skating if it was possible, for publicity and social media (for the show) and for ART xD and he agreed!!!! I was ecstatic, then noticed the ice show rink wasn't ready yet and all I could do was end up at a mall rink with a ton of equipment and a Japanese skater, to request they let us use their rink :rofl:which of course since it's a dream they said would be absolutely no problem and everyone was shocked to see him get on the ice, like, is that really a 2 OGM at a mall rink in Mexico xD

The shoot was a DREAM (within a dream lol), somehow the mall rink was fine and I could light everything the way I wanted to, I knew how to skate and had every piece of gear I've ever dreamed of and he was so patient I was able to get both video and photo, everything was absolutely perfect, there was so much material, it was so inspiring... and I need to tell you he was so nice, so, so so nice, so cooperative, so kind and funny and it was dreamy to have him skating all for me, this was the BEST dream I've ever had I think... and in the end he said he had a lot of fun and if there was ever a chance to do this again he'd be up for it :10636614:and that he looked forward to the result and that he was hungry and if I could take him and some friends to eat something before going back to the hotel and I ended up taking him and Javi and the pianist and I think it was the Shibs but my dream was almost over...

Definitely the best thing to come out of one of the worst sicknesses I've ever had :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

I ended up sending the pianist the message I dreamed I sent him as soon as I woke up :10814716:

There'll always be a few tears whenever the next year's competition schedule comes out. Last year it happened, I'd realize that I can't meet him, but throughout the year I learned to accept that I should appreciate him through the screens only. But then the next year happens. As I look at that schedule again, I know that I still can't accept that fact. :sad-smiley-046:

• 2 weeks later...

This has been stewing in my mind for quite a long while, and it is only now that I get to jot it down. Here you go, possibly  a new unofficial planetary anthem of Planet Hanyu :coolio:

Suggestions are welcome ofc

Spoiler

Pooh Rain (after Prince's Purple Rain ofc — oh well in case you didn't know that xp ) — potential planetary anthem of Planet Hanyu :coolio:

I never want to see you in any sorrow

I never want to see you in any pain

I only wanted to one time to see you laughing

I only wanted to see you

Laughing in the po-oh rain

*Po-oh rain, Po-oh rain 3x

I only wanted to see you

bathing in the Po-oh rain

I never wanted to see you injured again

I only want to cheer you by the rinkside

Yuzu, you are once in a lifetime skater

Such a shame you sat it out again

(Back to *)

Only wanted to see you

Underneath the Po-oh rain

Yuzu I know I know

I know you have to rest

It's time to rehab your

Busted ankle, and fix it too

You say you wanna lead 'em

But your ankle acted up again

I think you better heal it

and let me cheer you to the Po-oh rain!

(Back to *)

I only want to see you

I only want to see you

In the Po-oh rain!

(This is the part where the guitar solo usually starts)

(Cue montage of raining Winnie the Pooh in slow-mo :POOH:)

Today we started our Environmental Studies subj, and each of us was supposed to stand up and choose any topic of environmental issue and events from 2010-2018 for presentation. It was a looong session since my batch had over a hundred students, and the teacher was very strict so we couldn't breathe too hard. Then this guy behind me was called and he said "I'm intending to make a topic on the 2011 disaster in Sendai, Japan." :omg:

I literally blurted out "WOW!" and was going to turn to see who this was, but everyone was looking so I had to straighten up. He was so specific! But then the teacher said "Why are you people all choosing such boring topics? What's there to say about that?? Choose another one pls." And in my head I'm like excuse me??? It was a devastating event, and there's nothing to talk about that??? I hate him already :yznotimpressed:

Too bad I didn't get to see who started the topic either.

Spent half of January at a hospital taking care of a family member who was hospitalized and now taking care of him at home after he left the hospital. The patient is grumpy and sometimes so hard to deal with but at least I don't have to sleep on a small couch anymore and now have some time to catch up with Yuzu news (thanks everyone for updates) and Javi at Euros, hopefully. Vamos, Javi chan and wishing you good luck with your recovery, Yuzu!

@sweetwater you have all my sympathy - I spent weeks last year at a hospice and later a hospital and then coping with convalescent at home, irritable, stressed and difficult to persuade into doing what was needed for recovery/alleviation of symptoms.  It’s a really exhausting business- try and keep some time for yourself.

@sweetwater @Sombreuil please accept my virtual hug :grouphug: , the last time a similar thing happened to my family (ie. my grandpa's illness to his passing) I could only watch from the sideline (this was when I was only ten years old), so I don't really know the extent of your mental exhaustion from caring for those who need it. This is just a message but I hope it can make you feel somewhat better...

6 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Spent half of January at a hospital taking care of a family member who was hospitalized and now taking care of him at home after he left the hospital. The patient is grumpy and sometimes so hard to deal with but at least I don't have to sleep on a small couch anymore and now have some time to catch up with Yuzu news (thanks everyone for updates) and Javi at Euros, hopefully. Vamos, Javi chan and wishing you good luck with your recovery, Yuzu!

I wish you all the strength (both mentally and physically) for this hard work. I can only imagine how difficult it is...

@Sombreuil @Figure_Frenzy @sallycinnamon

Thank you for your kind words.:thanks: It is really nice and helpful to be able to interact with someone outside of our family like this sometimes. I could see my situation a bit more objectively and felt revived because of you. 

Sombreuil, actually, I thought of you at the hospital remembering myself reading one of your posts mentioned a situation a bit like mine. What hard work you've done! Thank you for your advise too. I'll try to find a balance to get through this.

It’s really hard to step away for a few hours and get someone else to take it on, especially when there are meds and physical therapy stuff to explain etc etc it starts to feel not worth the effort, but if you don’t you'll end up on the sick list yourself!  You’re welcome to the advice and support, such as it is, and I hope your invalid feels a lot better soon.