Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Anybody else just not seem to be able to get anything done? I have things I need to do (and some of them fun things, like checking on ticket/hotel prices to see if I can go to Four Continents, thinking about upcoming birthdays) and all I do is go home, eat, stare at my iPad for hours and then go to bed too late.   I am an obasan, I need to get over this unproductive behavior. LOL

:waffle: 

Why is it that a cake recipe which works perfectly well for ordinary occasions becomes possessed when you’re asked to make it for a special occasion/ charity event?  The blasted thing is lopsided and the icing has gone wrong - whhhyyyy?

41 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

Why is it that a cake recipe which works perfectly well for ordinary occasions becomes possessed when you’re asked to make it for a special occasion/ charity event?  The blasted thing is lopsided and the icing has gone wrong - whhhyyyy?

Stress. Maybe you have to summon a Yuzuru-like attitude before baking for an important occasion:

-Find, hug and talk to a mascot a la Pooh to relieve stress. Or massage your cheeks. 

-Wear something glittery.

-Assume a murder face

-Headphones on blast.

-Aim to bake with a "shuuuu" and frost with a "pah!"

-If all fails, shout "Kusooooooooooooooooooooo..."

Happy Baking!

On 10/11/2018 at 5:42 PM, Whee1000 said:

Anybody else just not seem to be able to get anything done? I have things I need to do (and some of them fun things, like checking on ticket/hotel prices to see if I can go to Four Continents, thinking about upcoming birthdays) and all I do is go home, eat, stare at my iPad for hours and then go to bed too late.   I am an obasan, I need to get over this unproductive behavior. LOL

:waffle: 

Mood, lol. 

I'm back to regular stalking forum and crappy content sharing! I've been away from here as I've been away from university and from the world in general - my boyfriend just got on a plane for Korea this morning and since his departure was because of a family emergency and we only had 2 weeks together, I could only stay with him for as much time as I could. Because the earliest we can see eachother is in March, next year.

(This was also the reason I was having crappy days a month ago, when he told me he had to leave, but luckily I cried all my tears then, and now I feel pretty good!)

I've done absolutely zero studying and I have no regrets. Hello again normal life! 

18 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Did you make it work? I just ruined very basic cookies because my brain gave up and didn't do ratios but they weren't for anything special.

Nope, no time and no ingredients left-  just plastered the slightly split ganache on top and sprinkled some chopped nuts on - it won’t have won any points for style, but it should have tasted ok when they cut it up, and hopefully it brought in a pound or so for the Macmillan charity coffee morning.

Well it might have looked a mess and won no prizes for execution, but it all disappeared so it must have tasted ok.  Next time I must make something in advance and not do the last minute scramble.

The taste is the important thing - it’s just a bit embarrassing when someone asks you to make something and you mess it up, especially when it has been a reliable recipe.  My daughter said ‘ how did you do that - that recipe is foolproof?’ 😂

One of my coworkers loves Plushy. She's the casual viewer type, but she listens to my ramblings about skating competitions. Today I got her to follow Plushy's Instagram, and then I showed her a picture of Plushy, Sasha, and Yuzu and told her Yuzu is a big fan of Plushy and vice versa. That got her all excited, so then I showed her LGC and she loved it. She was surprised the level of skating has gotten so high, and commented on how committed Yuzu looks to the program. My evil plan is finally working!!!

:devilYuzu:

21 minutes ago, guitarist said:

One of my coworkers loves Plushy. She's the casual viewer type, but she listens to my ramblings about skating competitions. Today I got her to follow Plushy's Instagram, and then I showed her a picture of Plushy, Sasha, and Yuzu and told her Yuzu is a big fan of Plushy and vice versa. That got her all excited, so then I showed her LGC and she loved it. She was surprised the level of skating has gotten so high, and commented on how committed Yuzu looks to the program. My evil plan is finally working!!!

:devilYuzu:

Well done!! :clap:Keep on working on the plan! :devil3:

52 минуты назад, Neenah сказал:

My life has been so hectic lately :13877886:

I have been moving from place to place and will be travelling again tomorrow.. It is so not good for following FS and I missed (and will miss) so much of the GP series  :sad-smiley-046:

:10742289: It will be all right. Maybe, it's all for the best. We  never know. 

I went to the dentist today (I decided to take care of my teeth before the competition this time) and of all things the local radio spoke about the Rostelecom cup. Given that radio broadcasters rarely talk about figure skating, this is a pretty funny coincidence.

I think I finally got an appropriate thing to post on this thread LOL

So last night I dreamt about tagging along/being an angel(?? sort of) who has to follow someone on earth — this angel followed the person everywhere, including to a ranch out of a big city. Once the angel reached the farm, he thought of returning to the city quickly, since the person he follows can sense angels (and he doesn't want the person whom he follows find him out), so he flew back to the city and the scene changed to a living room with a humongous TV screen (seriously the TV screen height almost reached the ceiling from the TV cabinet it was placed on :smiley-laughing021:). The TV was on, and it was about to broadcast a boxing match of.... Evgeni Pluschenko versus.... Maxim Trankov (either him (I wasn't too sure), or any other Russian skater of his generation — though somehow NOT Yagudin :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:— that is the one thing that I am sure of :smiley-laughing021:). Unfortunately though as the match was about to start, my dream ended....

I know, that's one heck of an absurd dream :LOL: