Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

I have spent large parts of the last 3 months dealing with intransigent elderly people, two of them with varying degrees of dementia and all of them with terminal stubbornness on the one hand, and doctors and social services, who are equally intransigent and rather more opaque in their intentions with the odd God complex thrown in on the other, and I think they each probably still made more sense than the ISU.  

:drink1:

Warm thoughts and virtual hugs (if you don't mind them) to all satellites dealing with tough times. I guess tough times have to go by just like good times do, right? Sometimes all we can do is get through each day, do what we can, and wait it out. :sigh: 

I‘ve started playing piano again and it’s so much fun. I guess you just need to take a break from some things to rediscover what you liked about it in the beginning. Well, it’s been 2 years so the break has been pretty long. 

But I still can‘t sight-read (either I am really stupid or I have some sort of dyslexia because not once in my 5 years of regular piano playing did I manage to sight-read. sigh.) and I cringe at my own playing at times and my fingers have gotten soooo stiff but fortunately my fingers still remember the feeling. 

Now I just need to get over myself and cut my nails short 

21 hours ago, robin said:

I‘ve started playing piano again and it’s so much fun. I guess you just need to take a break from some things to rediscover what you liked about it in the beginning. Well, it’s been 2 years so the break has been pretty long. 

But I still can‘t sight-read (either I am really stupid or I have some sort of dyslexia because not once in my 5 years of regular piano playing did I manage to sight-read. sigh.) and I cringe at my own playing at times and my fingers have gotten soooo stiff but fortunately my fingers still remember the feeling. 

Now I just need to get over myself and cut my nails short 

My break was 20 years - as a teenager I couldn't sight read at all, and the impatience of my elderly teacher was a big factor in causing me to give up.  Now my fingers are a lot stiffer, but my sight reading is incredibly improved thanks to a good teacher

This is a bit flaky, but curious if anyone's interested in astrology? I used to be really into it but then drifted away. Didn't realize there was a big change (Uranus entering Taurus after 7 years in Aries) until I started looking this month, after things seemed almost universally crappy and/or overwhelming.

Learning that Uranus actually entered Aries on 3/11 was unsettling but shows why it's considered such a disruptive force... I can't say I believe in astrology but it's still interesting, I like coming back to it. Kind of like extra spice or color to make you appreciate things in a different way. I also really love mythology so it's fun to read stuff like this:

https://www.astrologybyjudithryan.com/uranus-transit-taurus-2018

Today I got my college entrance exam result, and I screamed so much when I saw the marks.

Being a foreign student with only 2 years to prepare for such an important exam in a whole new environment, it was PURE MIRACLE to see the numbers on that sheet. I am at a loss of words now because it has been SO HARD. I frankly didn't believe I could do it, throughout the 2 years I never got above 60%, which is for sure a pathetic percentage that gets me nowhere, so seeing a 85.75% is very very unreal.

Besides my parents, I owe this blissful result to Yuzuru. He is REALLY the reason I got this far. There are countless times when I looked at the 11 books in English which I barely understand let alone remember, I wanted to break down so much. But then I looked at him and reminded myself that miracles may exist, and you can win a race with an injured foot. This is a lil Yuzu Miracle of my own.

I may never get to see him irl, but I've never felt his presence so vivid in my life like this moment. He was there when I needed light the most, and god did he shine so bright.

I love you, Yuzuru! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: sorry for the cheesy babling

15 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Today I got my college entrance exam result, and I screamed so much when I saw the marks.

Being a foreign student with only 2 years to prepare for such an important exam in a whole new environment, it was PURE MIRACLE to see the numbers on that sheet. I am at a loss of words now because it has been SO HARD. I frankly didn't believe I could do it, throughout the 2 years I never got above 60%, which is for sure a pathetic percentage that gets me nowhere, so seeing a 85.75% is very very unreal.

Besides my parents, I owe this blissful result to Yuzuru. He is REALLY the reason I got this far. There are countless times when I looked at the 11 books in English which I barely understand let alone remember, I wanted to break down so much. But then I looked at him and reminded myself that miracles may exist, and you can win a race with an injured foot. This is a lil Yuzu Miracle of my own.

I may never get to see him irl, but I've never felt his presence so vivid in my life like this moment. He was there when I needed light the most, and god did he shine so bright.

I love you, Yuzuru! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: sorry for the cheesy babling

Wow

:bow:

:clap:  :clap: 

Congrats, that's wonderful! I'm sure you worked very hard and I'm very glad you were rewarded for it. 

16 минут назад, VyVy99 сказал:

:goe::congratualtions::pancake:

21 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

OMG! Congrats!!! :tumblr_llidknnxec1qzbrv5::tumblr_llidknnxec1qzbrv5::tumblr_llidknnxec1qzbrv5:This is amazing! I'm happy for you!! I'm sure Yuzu would be, too, if he knew! :tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg::tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg::tumblr_m4tqlnjhYJ1qdlkyg:

Thank you everyone for reading the cheesy babling and share my joy :grouphug: <3

So true haha I want to run to Japan right now and hype about aaall of it to him, and bombard him with thanks and love Ci :bliss-smiley:

42 minutes ago, VyVy99 said:

Congratulations that‘s an amazing accomplishment!! :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

My break was 20 years - as a teenager I couldn't sight read at all, and the impatience of my elderly teacher was a big factor in causing me to give up.  Now my fingers are a lot stiffer, but my sight reading is incredibly improved thanks to a good teacher

Oh, that‘s great to hear! It’s amazing that you picked it up again after such a long time. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you learn to sight read? 

I think in my case the problem is also that I end up memorizing everything a bit too quickly and don’t depend on sight-reading whenever I work on a piece. But that way it’s just really hard to learn new pieces because I have to memorize first... My teacher was elderly but extremely patient so I think a teacher isn’t going to make much of a difference for me. I feel a bit sorry when I remember her because she tried really hard with me :rofl: 

CHUC MUNG CHUC MUNG @VyVy99! Congratulations! That is so inspiring!  Your hard work and efforts really pay off .Don’t give up on the chance to see Yuzu ! 

@robin, @Sombreuil, it’s so fun to play isn’t it ! I learned piano long time ago for three years so I could help my daughter ( she was very young and we both had the same private teacher ) I just couldn’t sight  read at all. I had to memorize to play . Quitting it for a long time now I always want to go back to play but haven’t found the motivation yet ( I used to play Moonlight Sonata, Le lac de come, Windmill of your minds,....All the good melodies ...) my daughter, however, has a gift and continues to play beautiful Chopin pieces ( inspired by Ballad Number one) on her own after quitting the lesson .

3 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

Congratulations, Your efforts and hard work has paid off.  I hope you have a wonderful time in college :congratualtions: