Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Just now, Xen said:

you guys are giving me the urge to bake cinnamon rolls....even though I'm not a huge fan of them and the rest of my family probably won't eat them either.  maybe I should do it like a weird cinnamon, brown sugar, and honey type of roll with chopped walnuts.

You've made me want baklava now!

*makes myself put phone down without ordering a box of baklava from a place that makes it really well*

I'm very proud of myself right now. Tomorrow, however, is another day. :biggrin: But there's no way I'm fiddling about with phyllo pastry after all that dough kneading today. Especially because I've never really managed to get it perfect.

I've just eaten at 10 o'clock at night after a day of crisis management and looked here for a bit of light relief - and Shoma is injured?  My worlds watching plan went down the drain today anyway, but who's next?  Team Japan need some new witchdoctors/ warlocks :hexer:

So.

This is gonna get rather personal.

My aunt, who is now living in and taking care of the house that I grew up in, just called me.

She was basically cleaning up the house and wanted to know which stuff of mine she can donate/throw away, and which she should keep.

I said "Well, no touching any of my books". I have the entire collection of Harry Potter, Narnia, and Tolkien in both English and Indonesian, mind you.

And she said "Alright. What about the content of this blue box?" I was like "What blue box? I don't remember. You can open it and tell me what's inside".

She opened it, to knick-knacks from my high school years, which embarrassingly included gifts my first bf gave me back then. Do NOT ask me why I still have them, cz clearly I do not remember. Among the things she listed: "and this Winnie the Pooh hand puppet"

Me: ...

Me:  "I'm sorry, a what, now???!"

And then I remember, it was the only cutesy thing my ex ever gave me. And it was a Pooh hand puppet. LMAO!!! And all this time, all this time! I always think I never own a Pooh until @Winnie_20 recently gave me one from her ginormous collection.

Me at me: why are you like this?!

And yes, that Pooh is going to the "Keep" pile. The rest are thrown away.

I promise this is the only embarrassingly personal thing I'd share. I just find it so hilarious for some reasons.

2 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

@yuzupon that’s some great foreshadowing right there :9:

I just Line-d my ex, yes I usually ended up becoming friends with most of my exes although I am terrible at keeping in touch with irl friends in general, and guess where he has been living this past 5 years?:war:

13 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

I just Line-d my ex, yes I usually ended up becoming friends with most of my exes although I am terrible at keeping in touch with irl friends in general, and guess where he has been living this past 5 years?:war:

Can he get you a ticket for worlds next year?

2 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

Can he get you a ticket for worlds next year?

I am trying to ease the conversation in that direction. :glasses:

ETA: also, he just reminded me that his parents have been living in Japan even when we were still dating. I am truly terrible at this memory thing.:facepalm:

There is a washi tape sale going on and i found a tube of swan washi tape :facepalm:

Yes, i bought it. There is a tape with text and one of the things it says is "You are gold"

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: sample:

i6ofUJw.png

53 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Update. I just realise it's 3 in the morning in Yokohama, so I am postponing the conversation. Just why is he still up, new baby he said. I feel worse. :headdesk2:

:consoling2: