Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

27 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

What comp are you talking about when you say you planned a year in advance but was disappointing? 

Milan :8:

It's disappointing before it even happened because I can't even go. There's so many layers to what went wrong...

3 часа назад, WinForPooh сказал:

I baked cinnamon rolls. Turned out great. They're all gone. :headdesk2:  Moderation, what's that?

Feel you. Cinnamon rols really give no chance to stop. I'll cook everything for my mom's birthday tomorrow. No moderation too. She adores chocolate layer cake with nuts, whipped cream and chocolate glaze, not mentioning all the other food for dinner. 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Feel you. Cinnamon rols really give no chance to stop. I'll cook everything for my mom's birthday tomorrow. No moderation too. She adores chocolate layer cake with nuts, whipped cream and chocolate glaze, not mentioning all the other food for dinner. 

You must be busy! :laughing: I'm sure you're having fun with it. Don't hurt your wrist again with all the baking and cooking! 

42 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

Ooh cinnamon rolls sound really good, now I want some!

I don't like baking with yeast because patience is not my strong suit and the rising and proofing and all that really gets on my nerves. But it was worth it, I have to say. :biggrin: The damn things were polished off in a fraction of the time it took to make them.

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't like baking with yeast because patience is not my strong suit and the rising and proofing and all that really gets on my nerves. But it was worth it, I have to say. :biggrin: The damn things were polished off in a fraction of the time it took to make them.

It takes less time to eat food than it does to cook it most of the time. :4:

1 minute ago, ClarissaH said:

It takes less time to eat food than it does to cook it most of the time. :4:

That is so true. It makes me very grumpy sometimes, especially when the food involved lots and lots of prep. Usually, seeing food being eaten makes me happy, but sometimes, like on days when I nearly slice a finger off or nearly scald myself (I have near-misses very often because I get distracted), it makes me very, very grumpy. 

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

That is so true. It makes me very grumpy sometimes, especially when the food involved lots and lots of prep. Usually, seeing food being eaten makes me happy, but sometimes, like on days when I nearly slice a finger off or nearly scald myself (I have near-misses very often because I get distracted), it makes me very, very grumpy. 

At least take solace in the fact that edible beauty came from your pain. 

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Suddenly glad that you can't see how my food presentation totally sucks. :slinkaway:  Tastes better than it looks is one of my culinary mottoes. :laughing: 

That's kind of my general philosophy with cooking as well, except sometimes the color of foods can get to me if I don't know what's in it but I feel like that's a bit different from presentation. If there's this funny looking green stuff poking out and I don't know if there's spinach in it, or what that color's coming from, I'm likely to not want to eat it. 

you guys are giving me the urge to bake cinnamon rolls....even though I'm not a huge fan of them and the rest of my family probably won't eat them either.  maybe I should do it like a weird cinnamon, brown sugar, and honey type of roll with chopped walnuts.

10 minutes ago, ClarissaH said:

That's kind of my general philosophy with cooking as well, except sometimes the color of foods can get to me if I don't know what's in it but I feel like that's a bit different from presentation. If there's this funny looking green stuff poking out and I don't know if there's spinach in it, or what that color's coming from, I'm likely to not want to eat it. 

Oh yes, I tend to want to know what's in what I'm eating, too. I'll eat weird stuff, that's fine, I just need to know what weird stuff I'm eating.