Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

Endless figure skating talks at home.

Mom: So, you are watching FS this week again. What is it now?

Me: 4CC!

Mom: But your Japanese guy isn't competing yet?

Me: No :squishedPooh:

Mom: And that masculine American guy too?

Me: No

Mom: And Fernandez? (after mom saw Javi's ex in black leather jacket last week, he regained all the points he lost because of non-macho's programs of this season, and is considered to be her favorite again :smiley-laughing021:)

Me: This is the competition for the non-European skaters, mom! 

Mom: Ok, but if so, what is the reason to watch?

Me: You see, there are other cool Japanese skaters, but most importantly there is a very lovely Chinese skater...

Mom: OMG, those talented and handsome skating guys are simply endless! 

This morning was an interesting taster of what watching the Olympic competition will be like - mad panic when Eurosport player refused to work, relief when I realised they were showing the last group live on tv, realisation that it's freezing in front of the tv in the mornings so I need to get the fleece blankets out for the 9.2.18.  Muting Turandot and Joanne Conway is good - come back Hanratty, all is forgiven.  Praying that the BBC will be covering it live.

Washed my hair today and saw that my Yuzu-in-summer haircut turned into mushroom! I just wonder how it happened because it means that a half of my hair decided to grow while the other one - not. For better or worse, my hair is soft and it's winter now so it can't hold mushroom look more than a few hours. But, really, the Universe plays strange games sometimes.

11 часов назад, Sammie сказал:

There going to be a super bowl party at my house this weekend. I’m actually looking forward to the game. I used to obsessed with football when I was younger but not as much anymore... my fave team is the Patriots.   :13877886: 

Have a lot of fun! 

I don't know what I'm doing but I booked my flight for Seoul and in two weeks I'll be in PyeongChang and I'm going to watch the men's event there. :smiley_hairpull: :eeking: :0006:(Or I hope so..I still need a SP ticket...:hopelessness:.) I I've never done such a crazy thing in my entire life :headdesk: I was considering to go to GPF next season but there are lots of questions about that, and it's risky and equally expensive too (+ the flight tickets are even more expensive than to Korea for example), although I always wanted to visit Canada and especially British Columbia, but hopefully I'll have an opportunity to go there once...

But I don't know if I'll see Yuzu skating next season or after that, that's why I thought it was an opportunity I shouldn't miss. There are lots of things to organize and to do and I'm both excited :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:and nervous :unsure: a bit but I can't wait to go there and cheer for Yuzu as much as I can. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:I'll also be very happy to meet some fellow satellites there (some of them I met before but some of them not yet). :smiley-dance018:

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I don't know what I'm doing but I booked my flight for Seoul and in two weeks I'll be in PyeongChang and I'm going to watch the men's event there. :smiley_hairpull: :eeking: :0006:(Or I hope so..I still need a SP ticket...:hopelessness:.) I I've never done such a crazy thing in my entire life :headdesk: I was considering to go to GPF next season but there are lots of questions about that, and it's risky and equally expensive too (+ the flight tickets are even more expensive than to Korea for example), although I always wanted to visit Canada and especially British Columbia, but hopefully I'll have an opportunity to go there once...

But I don't know if I'll see Yuzu skating next season or after that, that's why I thought it was an opportunity I shouldn't miss. There are lots of things to organize and to do and I'm both excited :animated-smileys-cheeky-053:and nervous :unsure: a bit but I can't wait to go there and cheer for Yuzu as much as I can. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:I'll also be very happy to meet some fellow satellites there (some of them I met before but some of them not yet). :smiley-dance018:

Watching him skate live is an experience! It's many degrees of awesome, and he is far more captivating live than on TV. =) I always wondered how people could concentrate on a little figure in the center of a giant sheet of ice waving their limbs about-and then I saw him live. Him and Javi both.

Have fun and good luck with the SP tickets. Cheer him on for all of us who can't go cheer for him live.

6 hours ago, Xen said:

I always wondered how people could concentrate on a little figure in the center of a giant sheet of ice waving their limbs about-and then I saw him live.

Omg same!!! 

I saw LGC at Helsinki by one of the furthest seats in the Arena. He was just a lil' tiny purple spot. But what a spot. During the Step Sequence, it was like watching... I don't know... a lil' purple star dancing about?