Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

6 hours ago, Xen said:

maybe selective pickiness? I don't like food cooked certain ways, such as cucumbers raw only, not liking boiled carrots etc. For sweets, I crave them when really stressed, normally I only need coffee beverages, and maybe ice cream once a week? Do you crave sweets for a week and then drop it cold turkey? Maybe it's a case of reaction to extreme deprivation?

I can go for ages - weeks, seems like ages to me - without actively seeking out sweets and then one fine day bake a giant batch of something and eat far too much of it. It's a matter of the craving surpassing my normal laziness. It often happens at about ten in the night. There are only a few places that make desserts I like. That's the kind of pickiness I acquired from baking, I figured out what ticks all the boxes for me and make it myself, so storebought often seems a little off to me. But now that I'm actively denying myself desserts instead of just going on with life without particularly wanting desserts, they're all I can think about! :(

4 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

Idk the best place to post this but I just came across this and.. what the heck

Are they making her out to be a joke? That's not fair, she's been through so much in her life and accomplished so much. And nobody really knows the details of how much she knew about/was involved in that... incident. A guilty plea doesn't mean all that much as far as actual guilt is concerned if it's part of a deal, does it?

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Are they making her out to be a joke? That's not fair, she's been through so much in her life and accomplished so much. And nobody really knows the details of how much she knew about/was involved in that... incident. A guilty plea doesn't mean all that much as far as actual guilt is concerned if it's part of a deal, does it?

It feels super disrespectful :ohno:

The whole thing was distasteful- the media were awful from start to finish, and by start I mean the whole Ice Princess/ good girl vs trailer trash story they pushed before any criminal activity took place.  It wasn't a period when I followed ladies skating and the news I did see didn't encourage me to start again, so I don't know the ins and outs of it but it had that awful 'judging by appearances/ background ' vibe that is so unpleasant.

16 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

The whole thing was distasteful- the media were awful from start to finish, and by start I mean the whole Ice Princess/ good girl vs trailer trash story they pushed before any criminal activity took place.  It wasn't a period when I followed ladies skating and the news I did see didn't encourage me to start again, so I don't know the ins and outs of it but it had that awful 'judging by appearances/ background ' vibe that is so unpleasant.

That's the impression I got from reading about it.

And her 3A was pretty incredible. The height and power on it was something else.

В 11/12/2017 в 20:24, Hydroblade сказал:

Please report back with details :biggrin:

I saw special Skating on the Planet thread, but guys were discussing serious things like jumps and spins there, so I preferred to stay here with my report. :biggrin:

I was in one of the parks today where there was an open ice (they just covered the walkways by ice) and rented skates. Good news: I managed to survive. I think, my antenna was sending SOS all the time and that definitely wasn't Yuzu's frequency. But skating gods probably heard me, because I fell only one time in 2,5 hours. Bad news: I can't skate yet :cry: I can't slide, to be exact. What I do looks like steps. When I make myself not to cling to the board, of course. :facepalm: But, frankly, I didn't expected it to be better for the first time. I was lucky to had a friend with me to hold my hand while I was trying to skate and to catch me after too active efforts. :smiley-laughing021:

I still want to go to "skate" next week. Yuzu is right, this i's better than to walk! Although in skating boots I feel I myself just as strange and uncertain as in high heels. 

Also, my level of appreciation for the figure skaters is above the stars now. It always was a space level, but it's even higher now. 

78c24e5dbb8cebfc2410e1fb43176865-full.jp 

12 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

I saw special Skating on the Planet thread, but guys were discussing serious things like jumps and spins there, so I preferred to stay here with my report. :biggrin:

I was in one of the parks today where there was an open ice (they just covered the walkways by ice) and rented skates. Good news: I managed to survive. I think, my antenna was sending SOS all the time and that definitely wasn't Yuzu's frequency. But skating gods probably heard me, because I fell only one time in 2,5 hours. Bad news: I can't skate yet :cry: I can't slide, to be exact. What I do looks like steps. When I make myself not to cling to the board, of course. :facepalm: But, frankly, I didn't expected it to be better for the first time. I was lucky to had a friend with me to hold my hand while I was trying to skate and to catch me after too active efforts. :smiley-laughing021:

I still want to go to "skate" next week. Yuzu is right, this i's better than to walk! Although in skating boots I feel I myself just as strange and uncertain as in high heels. 

Also, my level of appreciation for the figure skaters is above the stars now. It always was a space level, but it's even higher now. 

78c24e5dbb8cebfc2410e1fb43176865-full.jp 

Awww that rink looks wonderful! 

I miss skating so much... But all ice rinks are so far away from where I live ughhh.

The last time I skated was in June and it almost felt like a spiritual experience after so many years (well, up to the moment when I tripped over a toe pick and hit the ice with my chest lol :biggrin:, that was one very nasty fall, hehe) 

I do find that inline skating really helps, it's almost the same basics, but oh boy is it hard to remember that you can't use brakes when you are on the ice :laughing:

Good luck next time! 

God, I should really take myself to an ice rink as soon as possible, the cravings are real :2023: 

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

this i's better than to walk!

Awww i loved this <3 And yes, it is better than walking. Did you get the "ugh i want to do it again" sensation too? I miss the feeling of gliding on the ice so much </3

Confession: Before i stepped on the ice i greeted it too. I discovered i am more flexible than i thought lmao

10 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

I thought you were leaving for a month. ??

I'm leaving on the 19th. 

Plus I'm taking my laptop with me so hopefully I won't completely disappear! HAHAHAH Sorry, you're not getting rid of me that easily. 

10 hours ago, Xen said:

would you prefer to compete against the harem of quad ladies? Think about lady 4salchow and her bonsai shears.

Well... I believe in sharing more than posessing, but that does sound like a problem... 

On 13/12/2017 at 8:07 PM, Murieleirum said:

I'm leaving on the 19th. 

Plus I'm taking my laptop with me so hopefully I won't completely disappear! HAHAHAH Sorry, you're not getting rid of me that easily.

Haha I meant you were leaving The Boy behind so less reason to shake fists of fury at monogamy.