Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

43 минуты назад, Hydroblade сказал:

You have to tell us if your antenna picks up the Overlord's station :P

Tomorrow I'm going to try skating for the first time in my life. The best opportunity to check. :radio-006: If I survive this with my super chaky legs. :smiley-sick030:

26 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Tomorrow I'm going to try skating for the first time in my life. The best opportunity to check. :radio-006: If I survive this with my super chaky legs. :smiley-sick030:

You'll be fine. Just remember to use your knees. =) Most common beginner issue I've seen- not bending knees (skating with straight, stiff legs), and looking down towards the ice (instead of forwards) so that their torso/back starts to hunch forward with their head.  If you've roller bladed before, it might help? 

32 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

The antenna might help you download skating skills 101 right from the Overlord's cloud :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

You'll be fine. Just remember to use your knees. =) Most common beginner issue I've seen- not bending knees (skating with straight, stiff legs), and looking down towards the ice (instead of forwards) so that their torso/back starts to hunch forward with their head.  If you've roller bladed before, it might help? 

Welp, guilty of the second one. But about the first one, I felt like if I didn't bend my legs it was almost impossible to go forward :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

The antenna might help you download skating skills 101 right from the Overlord's cloud :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Welp, guilty of the second one. But about the first one, I felt like if I didn't bend my legs it was almost impossible to go forward :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

Just think about it like dancing- posture is important, and you rarely ever dance well looking at the ground. =)

Stiff legs= you can't really move= usually leads to people often bending their feet kind of inwards at the ankles to push off, which leads to more bad posture and instability. 

I could say something about windmill arms, but I'll avoid it. 

Thank you, @Xen and @Hydroblade I'm going to use those advices properly. But, really, I don't think, tomorrow I'll do more than falling all the time. So windmill arms will be seen, sorry. :smiley-laughing021: I gave up rollers many years ago because of absolutely no progress, :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw: but thinking about skating, Yuzu is my inspiration, I won't let it go easily. 

42 minutes ago, Mastyaeva said:

Thank you, @Xen and @Hydroblade I'm going to use those advices properly. But, really, I don't think, tomorrow I'll do more than falling all the time. So windmill arms will be seen, sorry. :smiley-laughing021: I gave up rollers many years ago because of absolutely no progress, :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw: but thinking about skating, Yuzu is my inspiration, I won't let it go easily. 

Please report back with details :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Mastyaeva said:

Maybe a few strategically placed pillows as part of your special skating costume? :grin:

Also, more than skating skills, I wish my antenna would pick up his disinterest in food. *sigh* I've been dreaming of desserts all day. Dammit.

1 час назад, WinForPooh сказал:

Also, more than skating skills, I wish my antenna would pick up his disinterest in food. *sigh* I've been dreaming of desserts all day. Dammit.

Or Zhenya's indifference to cakes (she sincerely prefers yogurt). :13877886:

26 days left until CardCaptor Sakura comes back and fjaosidjgfowei i know i am going to cry like a baby

Spoilers?

Spoiler

It seems like the SyaoSaku reunion scene will play with an instrumental version of Platinum as background music (http://meimi-haneoka.tumblr.com/post/168432368448)

THIS WILL RIP MY HEART APART. Platinum is my favorite song ever, it defined a turning point in my life.

And when i first read the manga and saw the reunion i think i jumped all over the place. The kind of happiness you can only feel when you are a child, completely immersed in the fantasy world of what you're reading.

I thought i would never see it animated but now jfaowiejfjgerg :13877886:

7 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Maybe a few strategically placed pillows as part of your special skating costume? :grin:

is he really disinterested in food? I thought it was just him being a picky eater with a small appetite.

7 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Or Zhenya's indifference to cakes (she sincerely prefers yogurt). :13877886:

If I preferred yoghurt for dessert, I would never need a diet! I think it's because I was a very, very picky eater as a child, barely interested in food at all, so one of the only ways to get anything in me was to offer dessert. :( Now I'm not picky at all but I love desserts, too.

1 hour ago, Xen said:

is he really disinterested in food? I thought it was just him being a picky eater with a small appetite.

From what he's said, sounds like he likes Mama Hanyu's food. Other than that, food isn't a priority.

Me, now, I think about everything I am not supposed to eat all the time. ALL the damn time.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

If I preferred yoghurt for dessert, I would never need a diet! I think it's because I was a very, very picky eater as a child, barely interested in food at all, so one of the only ways to get anything in me was to offer dessert. :( Now I'm not picky at all but I love desserts, too.

From what he's said, sounds like he likes Mama Hanyu's food. Other than that, food isn't a priority.

Me, now, I think about everything I am not supposed to eat all the time. ALL the damn time.

maybe selective pickiness? I don't like food cooked certain ways, such as cucumbers raw only, not liking boiled carrots etc. For sweets, I crave them when really stressed, normally I only need coffee beverages, and maybe ice cream once a week? Do you crave sweets for a week and then drop it cold turkey? Maybe it's a case of reaction to extreme deprivation?