Random Thought Theater

Pamigena

10 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Home FS struggles. Part 2: Father.

Characters: me, simply trying to enjoy my hot tea in peace; my father, who suddenly arrived from his room.

Father: I've read in a newspaper that your Japanese skater is good, although there are five good skaters in general. *My father keeps call him Hanzu, I can't help laughing every time; corrections don't work*

Me: *automatically* six skaters.

Father: Ok. *Pause* they say our dansers were underscored in favour of Americans. *I think he tried to say everything he remembered about FS*

Me: *almost spiting up my tea* Nonsense! Who said this?

Father: Zhulin. And why are you reacting like this?

Me: *almost laughing* But he is the coach of our dance pair who got silver. It simply incorrect for him to say those things, isn't it?

Father: Why are you so strict? Maybe he is right.

Me: Ok. But I saw Americans, they were good.

Father: But it was Zhulin who said also that your Japanese is good. He even says that he roots for this Japanese.

Me: *keeping silence, puzzled as I saw no connection or logic in the last argument: Should I agree with everything that Zhulin says just because he is "pro" Yuzu?*

Father: *apparently getting angry because I disagree him* Frankly, I don't like your Japanese. He is like prissy girl. He has no muscles at all!

Me: *automatically closing by my fingers my favorite cap with Yuzu's photos, which appear only when you put hot water in - a friend's birthday present* Yuzu is'n girlish! He jumps a lot, it's impossible to jump without muscles!

Father: Ok, don't overreact, I just say that I dislike him.

Me: Ok. Got it. But in any case, you you're not obligated to. 

Fin: as usual, mini cold war in action but I still continue to drink my tea from Yuzu-cup.

P.S. I stopped just in time to not show my father Yuzu's photo with Plush to prouve my statement about muscles. Can imagine his reaction seeing my phone's photo-collection".

I watch fs alone, locked in my room. The last time any family member tried, they were gushing more than I was, cooing over his legs, and asking me to promise I would never do that when they saw the 4T. They are vocal and I could barely hear music over them. Most though, unlike my mom, think my venture back into fs is not a serious one, just good exercise regime. Or some other esoteric hobby that they will never understand.

On a lighter note, a rinkmate landed his axel. 

Him: Finally, now I can switch boots. And as a reward, I will get a phiten necklace.

Me: You sure.you are not a hanyu fan?

Him: ......hehehe....Elena Radionova's pretty.

Me: you might as well admit it....

6 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Sorry for the off topic but I didn't know where to ask this question because asking in the general thread doesn't seem relevant. 

So I'm planning my trip Japan and I wanted some advice from anyone that have been there. I'm planning to stay for 10 days but I haven't decided where to go yet. Sendai is a must go to place for me, but other than that I could use some suggestions.:laughing:

The Yuzuru and Shizuka monument is at the Sendai station is it(?) So this would mean it's easier to travel to the station by Shinkansen from Tokyo(?). And of course I plan to go to the ice rink too. So does anyone has some travel tips? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

As for cities to visit. I absolutely love Kyoto. With ten days there is only do much you can do...3 cities would be more than enough. A few days in tokyo then a few days in sendai and a bit of time in kyoto. 

8 hours ago, MrPudding said:

Sorry for the off topic but I didn't know where to ask this question because asking in the general thread doesn't seem relevant. 

So I'm planning my trip Japan and I wanted some advice from anyone that have been there. I'm planning to stay for 10 days but I haven't decided where to go yet. Sendai is a must go to place for me, but other than that I could use some suggestions.:laughing:

The Yuzuru and Shizuka monument is at the Sendai station is it(?) So this would mean it's easier to travel to the station by Shinkansen from Tokyo(?). And of course I plan to go to the ice rink too. So does anyone has some travel tips? :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I don't know how accessible it is for a tourist relying on public transport, but there's Zao fox village in the Miyagi prefecture (since you're going to Sendai).

And if you end up going to Kyoto, try making a day trip to Nara as well (it's worth it for all the deer and strawberry mochi alone but also the temple is pretty nice if you want to get more culture in :laughing:)

I don't know when you're going but one of the most beautiful memories I have of Japan was Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto during full hanami season (at night with the lights), the fox shrine (officially: fushimi inari taisha) and trekking up the hill through all the toriis is a must too :)

10 days is going to be over in the blink of an eye trust me but I agree with @Sayu93, Sendai, Tokyo, Kyoto as the 3 main places to go :2thumbsup:

As for general travel tips: get the JR pass, your wallet will thank you! Even if you get the 14 day one for 10 days I'm pretty sure you'll save money overall and it gives you more freedom and less headache about what tickets to buy for the specific route you're about to take lol

Also, download a map of the train systems of the cities your visiting and the city maps onto your phone so you can keep track of where you are and need to go even if you don't have internet access (although there should be free wifi available frequently)

2 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

As for cities to visit. I absolutely love Kyoto. With ten days there is only do much you can do...3 cities would be more than enough. A few days in tokyo then a few days in sendai and a bit of time in kyoto. 

36 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I don't know how accessible it is for a tourist relying on public transport, but there's Zao fox village in the Miyagi prefecture (since you're going to Sendai).

And if you end up going to Kyoto, try making a day trip to Nara as well (it's worth it for all the deer and strawberry mochi alone but also the temple is pretty nice if you want to get more culture in :laughing:)

I don't know when you're going but one of the most beautiful memories I have of Japan was Kiyomizu-dera in Kyoto during full hanami season (at night with the lights), the fox shrine (officially: fushimi inari taisha) and trekking up the hill through all the toriis is a must too :)

10 days is going to be over in the blink of an eye trust me but I agree with @Sayu93, Sendai, Tokyo, Kyoto as the 3 main places to go :2thumbsup:

As for general travel tips: get the JR pass, your wallet will thank you! Even if you get the 14 day one for 10 days I'm pretty sure you'll save money overall and it gives you more freedom and less headache about what tickets to buy for the specific route you're about to take lol

Also, download a map of the train systems of the cities your visiting and the city maps onto your phone so you can keep track of where you are and need to go even if you don't have internet access (although there should be free wifi available frequently)

Thank you :thanks: I'll keep that in mind

A friend of mine told me last night that he's going to be making two candles for the holiday season. He's always blogged about products, and has considered doing this for a long time. He's finally doing it, and told me about it yesterday. There are two candles. The first he told me about is supposed to help with daytime stresses, and uses a blend of oils meant to work as a relaxant and mild aid as an anti-depressant. And - here's the kicker - one of the core ingredients is yuzu essential oil.

Coincidence? There are no coincidences. Buffy said so. I believe Buffy.

I'm getting one as soon as he starts shipping because I firmly believe that this is a sign from the universe that the stars will align.

I'd never even heard of the yuzu fruit before I saw Yuzu-swan. It's really not a thing here. He's never mentioned the yuzu essential oil in anything before. He didn't know that I'm a Yuzu fan. This was completely random, except nothing is random in the universe.

It's a sign. It's a sign, and goodness knows I could use with a relaxation aid as the Olympics approaches. I never believed in signs before, but now that I can spin this positively, I absolutely believe in signs.

i slipped in the bathroom two nights ago, hit my shoulder, hard, off the wall. pretty excruciating, but being hurt is something you become accustomed to when you're as clumsy as i am. everything exists for me to walk or fall into, or trip over. i finally was able to sleep at about 7pm last night, after being awake for about 30 hours in constant pain. i wake up at 1:30am, like aw yes mate, feeling much better; my shoulder pain was far more tolerable. off to the kitchen to get a glass of water before hopefully going back to sleep.

its all going well, the kitchen isnt far away, this should go smoothly.

i stumble. over nothing at all. i slip, and hit into the wall. with my bad shoulder.  :13877886: 

2 часа назад, golden сказал:

i slipped in the bathroom two nights ago, hit my shoulder, hard, off the wall. pretty excruciating, but being hurt is something you become accustomed to when you're as clumsy as i am. everything exists for me to walk or fall into, or trip over. i finally was able to sleep at about 7pm last night, after being awake for about 30 hours in constant pain. i wake up at 1:30am, like aw yes mate, feeling much better; my shoulder pain was far more tolerable. off to the kitchen to get a glass of water before hopefully going back to sleep.

i stumble. over nothing at all. i slip, and hit into the wall. with my bad shoulder.  :13877886: 

:consoling2: In my country they say: "If you are not lucky in life, you are lucky in love." I mean, just wait, the hits you have now will return as luck in something else in the future. Hold on!

8 hours ago, golden said:

Are you me? I did this to my toe. I fractured it getting out of bed and then kept stubbing it everywhere. It took weeks to heal and I limped around stubbing it everywhere.

I hope you feel better! Bubblewrap?

6 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

:consoling2: In my country they say: "If you are not lucky in life, you are lucky in love." I mean, just wait, the hits you have now will return as luck in something else in the future. Hold on!

ah, thank you and what a lovely saying!! lets hope it proves true soon :10815002:

57 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Are you me? I did this to my toe. I fractured it getting out of bed and then kept stubbing it everywhere. It took weeks to heal and I limped around stubbing it everywhere.

isn't it just the worst? thank you :tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:, and yes, i think bubblewrap is an absolute must at this point :68468287: 

9 hours ago, golden said:

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh noooo :consoling2: 

That sounds hella painful... Please be careful guys :10742289:

10 minutes ago, MajaHled said:

Today, inspired by the feral swans, I indulged myself in the depth of YouTube origami tutorials, and I'd say it came out okay, considering I only have printer paper and zero experience :pancake:

lNmG6xV.jpg

These are so cool! It's so hard to do origami stuff with printer paper because it's thicker but these look soo gooood! :goe:

I feel a bit ashamed that there is photographic evidence of my #AngstyAgape :rofl:there's one of the BEHIND photos from ACI where i'm in the crowd and it's so obvious. But hey i can say i have two pictures with Yuzu :P