Movie and TV Thread

Pamigena

9 hours ago, xeyra said:

Anyone here watching American Gods?

I've heard a lot of good things about it, but haven't managed to watch it. How is it?

I used to binge watch House of Cards the moment it came out. Right now, since the actual politics is actually scarier, it has lost some gripping effect on me.

I will forever mourn for The Newsroom. 

I still follow How to Get Away with Murder, but not as regularly.

I wish Luther is still on.

I'm a little skeptical about Orphan Black's last season.

Parks and Recreation ended too soon.

My guilty pleasures are Lucifer, Marvel's Agents of Shield, and sometimes Supergirl.

A relatively recent movie I rewatch again and again is Mad Max Fury Road.

On 2017-5-17 at 07:12, Murieleirum said:

Btw since I've heard mentions of Eurovision: I think Portugal's ballade was very nice, a nice breath from all of that pop noise, BUT! I actually enjoyed Hugary's song more. It touched my heart with its passion and melody like no other song did during the finale. The jury punished it, but the public vote actually favoured it instead of many other songs. I think Hungary truly brought out diversity.

I hated Italy's song. I am italian. I was hoping we wouldn't win. I am so little patriotic for Italy's current musical tendencies tbh

I didn't much care for Italy's song but now it's in my head all day, every day, complete with gorilla. Help!

On 2017-5-15 at 23:34, Puniyo said:

I'm not a movie or TV person but I remember that when I was a kid I used to watch two Australian series called 'Ocean Girl' and 'Spellbinder'.

I'm feeling nostalgic now so I kinda want to re-watch these ^^

Are you a rare Australian fan? My favourite 90s Australian show was Round the Twist. I used to visit a small seaside town with a lighthouse every year for two weeks of the school holidays so I had many creepy fun times with that. What a shame the few Australian kids shows they make now are just American clones about kids trying to get famous.

32 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Are you a rare Australian fan? My favourite 90s Australian show was Round the Twist. I used to visit a small seaside town with a lighthouse every year for two weeks of the school holidays so I had many creepy fun times with that. What a shame the few Australian kids shows they make now are just American clones about kids trying to get famous.

I wouldn't call myself an Australian fan since I had no idea where those shows came before I had net. I got my first computer (which I still affectionately call 'bathtub' due to its huge size) when I was in high school, so I could only watch shows that were on TV. Portuguese soap operas were extremely boring (not to say not appropriate for children due its high sexualized content and unhealthy family relationships) so I only watched a channel for kids (mainly for anime, although the dubs were horrendous... :rofl:) and the two series I have mentioned were on loop there. I definitely learned a lot of English from watching them.  

1 hour ago, Puniyo said:

I wouldn't call myself an Australian fan since I had no idea where those shows came before I had net. I got my first computer (which I still affectionately call 'bathtub' due to its huge size) when I was in high school, so I could only watch shows that were on TV. Portuguese soap operas were extremely boring (not to say not appropriate for children due its high sexualized content and unhealthy family relationships) so I only watched a channel for kids (mainly for anime, although the dubs were horrendous... :rofl:) and the two series I have mentioned were on loop there. I definitely learned a lot of English from watching them.  

Oh, I see. I didn't know any of our shows made it to broadcast overseas!

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Oh, I see. I didn't know any of our shows made it to broadcast overseas!

I think there were more but the names don't come to my mind. I just know the later shows were always in a high school setting and these never interested me much. I think there was one about two friends (a girl and a boy) and somehow they had a book or a machine (whatever) that could bring a famous person in history to the modern times for one day (if I'm not wrong). I don't know its country of origin but I just followed a few episodes. At least the Beethoven one was quite inspiring. 

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

I didn't much care for Italy's song but now it's in my head all day, every day, complete with gorilla. Help!

My mom told me they use it in her gym to do zumba. Halp. 

Well, it's gonna disappear in a few months, don't worry. 

7 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hahaha, oh dear! I forgot zumba was a thing! 

I did it a lot two years ago, lol. But it gets so boring after a while because the songs are all the same, and all pretty crappy. 

On 5/24/2017 at 08:17, SparkleSalad said:

The new Twin Peaks is fantastic! The first two episodes are a bit different than what we're used to and a perhaps a bit slow going but by episode four that bizarre humour that made the original so, so good turns up in spades!

I've only seen the first 2 episodes,but I really dig it.As I previously said on here,I did a rewatch of the old series before this new one started and I really struggled to get into it in the 2nd half of the 2nd season which was kind of a big mess for me.So i've really welcomed the change and can't wait for new episodes.

Someone mentioned Skam in the first page.. I think that's among the last show I watched. Idk how widely known it is.. I myself decided to give it a try because of online people. Plus the eps aren't that long so it didn't really take much of my time. It's a teenagers' life kind of show though and I myself can't really relate, not because of I'm a fully grown adult but because my teen life went pretty much nothing like that. But it's a nice show done differently than what I've seen before and definitely given perspectives of other life in the other side of the world. On top of that, it has raised some important issues we're dealing with in this world.

I don't actually have time to follow/catch up with any shows these days.. I used to follow some of the American crime shows just for the fun.. 

On 27. 5. 2017 at 13:15, dreamelena said:

Someone mentioned Skam in the first page.. I think that's among the last show I watched. Idk how widely known it is.. I myself decided to give it a try because of online people. Plus the eps aren't that long so it didn't really take much of my time. It's a teenagers' life kind of show though and I myself can't really relate, not because of I'm a fully grown adult but because my teen life went pretty much nothing like that. But it's a nice show done differently than what I've seen before and definitely given perspectives of other life in the other side of the world. On top of that, it has raised some important issues we're dealing with in this world.

I watched it too - well only the last season, because how much it was talk was around it on the internet^^ I can't relate to it that much too - I am still more of the "indoor, alone" type of person^^

For me - I watch loads of series - literally loads of them (I have mydramalist which shows me how much of a procrastinator I am everytime I visit it xP)