Movie and TV Thread

Pamigena

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-6-13 at 4:40 PM, Sombreuil said:

Interesting programme on BBC 4 for anyone with access to UK TV - 'The Art of Japanese Life'- documentary.  It was broadcast on 12.6.17 and is on iPlayer for the next 29 days.  It's about the connection between Japanese culture and nature.

I'm in Australia and found this on YouTube, I think on the official BBC channel, so it's accessible to those outside UK. Beautiful quality program! 

Anyone else catch the introduction of 13th Doctor (of Doctor Who) right after the Wimbledon final? I guess the rumors were true.

Behind a spoilers cut.

Spoiler

So, first woman Doctor, Jodie Whittaker. I guess Chris Chibnall liked her so much on his show Broadchurch that he wanted to continue working with her. I thought she was brilliant in Broadchurch, so I'm happy (especially since now we may finally get some hunky men as companions instead of always those young hot ladies, right? Right? Right????).

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a wonderful film last night - ' The Eagle Huntress' - a documentary about a girl called  Aisholpan in Mongolia training in the hunting traditions of her family to the dismay of the community elders who regard it as only for men.  The cinematography was absolutely beautiful and one of the best parts was that the western narrator only chipped in to give necessary information- most of it was subtitles of what the people themselves were saying.

the best animal documentary I've ever seen and rewatched like 100 times is 'The Hunt' by David Attenborough. :heart::heart::heart:

I can totally recommend this series, as it has incredible (really fantastic) pictures and camera work underlined with great music that was composed just for this documentary, as well as a great selections of animals. Of course you have a to include cheetah's and tigers in a documentary about hunters, but there are also a lot of animals, that I've never seen or heard of and often are overlooked in other animal documentary, while being just as fascinating and interesting. 

It's available on amazon (you can either buy the stream or the DVD/ blueray), but it's not covered in prime. I strongly recommend to watch it on a big HD screen. The pictures and camera are just breathtakingly beautiful and the best I've ever seen in a animal documentary. 

I've also seen 'Planet earth' and 'Life' from David Attenborough, both being great quality TV, but 'The Hunt' is my absolute and undisputed favorite. :heart::heart::heart:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luke movie Luke movie Luke movie!!!

Ahem, I mean, did anyone else just watch the new Star Wars trailer?! *bounce bounce bounce*

I am soooo excited. I was so utterly disappointed that I didn't get my Luke fix with VII, I waited so many years and then only to find I have to wait two more years, that was so unfair! :facepalm: But, looks like we'll finally be getting more Luke! 

Edit: got tickets for the 7 am double feature on Wednesday December 13! Last Jedi starts at 10 am. :-)   Like with TFA and Rogue One, we get the movie two days before the US. 

• 2 weeks later...

@kaeryth i'll maybe watch it if it gets nominations @ oscar (which is so likely to be happened tbh), but personally it's not cup of my tea. i usually find dark-comedy lame lol

i used to watch many movies and tv shows religiously before Hanyu happened, but i'm looking forward to catch up with TV shows, like Gotham (my guilty pleasure), The Gifted etc. I haven't finished Sense8 and Legion too ;;

One show that really makes me so interested to back on watching TV shows is Mindhunter on Netflix now. I love Hannibal, so it's really something I'd look forward to. But, well, this is CoR weekend :13877886:

@crazykuroneko: I haven't watch any movies in a loooong time. But that might just be because I haven't found a movie so interesting I'm willing to go out and go to an actual cinema :biggrin:.

For TV Shows, I watch more comedies honestly - like Brooklyn 99 or Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. Occasionally, I will binge on a Jdrama and documentaries. The Gifted looks interesting but it's not priority for now... haha..

I've been watching the new Star Trek show (pretty good!) and The Good Place (a Netflix comedy I only caught up recently and am loving). Plus Stranger Things is coming soon!!! Interested in checking out Mindhunter, too.

I used to watch 243637 tv shows/year some time ago,but i only watch a few these days.

My favorites this year so far were the Big Little Lies miniseries at Hbo and The Handmaid's Tale,especially bc it was quite different from the book so it felt surprisingly fresh to me(bonus points for casting Max Minghella as Nick,he's qt).Game of Thrones S7 was fine too,but a bit rushed and underwhelming at times.