Movie and TV Thread

Pamigena

• 2 weeks later...

The end of this article by the Times fashion editor is about the part played by fashion choices in our perceptions of the worth of an individual, prompted by her going to see 'I Tonya' and the way THs OTT costume choices were regarded.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/anna-murphy-behold-the-perfect-power-jumpsuit-is-here-z59qx26gz?shareToken=4c5e18a1611ab8c005a6a1af306059c0

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

ATLA is such a great show though, you got taste

Bringing this here cz it's gonna be totally off topic in the general thread.

ATLA is THE show.

It breached the 8 and 9 year gaps between me and my brothers. It was the thing that my friends and I gushed over in the mids of the stress of doing our bachelors. I spent my childhood with Harry Potter, but ATLA was the one accompanying me through the later part of being teenagers.

I will forever mourn the treatment this franchise received, all thanks to the spectacularly disastrous movie. I hope someday the movie's rebooted properly, so we can celebrate it again.

22 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

Bringing this here cz it's gonna be totally off topic in the general thread.

ATLA is THE show.

It breached the 8 and 9 year gaps between me and my brothers. It was the thing that my friends and I gushed over in the mids of the stress of doing our bachelors. I spent my childhood with Harry Potter, but ATLA was the one accompanying me through the later part of being teenagers.

I will forever mourn the treatment this franchise received, all thanks to the spectacularly disastrous movie. I hope someday the movie's rebooted properly, so we can celebrate it again.

It's wonderful that you have such a nice story accompanying it :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

ATLA was my ultimate childhood show and it brought me so much comfort, it's just really special. Watching it again (and again...) when i was older was very magical, and it's awesome to see that the show has affected others in similar ways.

I agree, the movie did this series such an injustice and it's awful to know that a lot of people actually view the franchise in the way the movie presented it. I want revenge haha 

4 minutes ago, tafattsbarn said:

It's wonderful that you have such a nice story accompanying it :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

ATLA was my ultimate childhood show and it brought me so much comfort, it's just really special. Watching it again (and again...) when i was older was very magical, and it's awesome to see that the show has affected others in similar ways.

I agree, the movie did this series such an injustice and it's awful to know that a lot of people actually view the franchise in the way the movie presented it. I want revenge haha 

I have no doubt there are many who were affected by the show deeply.

It has everything: marvellous world building, incredible myth, relatable and endearing characters, engaging plot, inspiring story, credible villains, and amazing animation and cinematography. 

But the movie, ugh!!:3: It completely disregarded EVERYTHING that is good about ATLA!!:headdesk2:

As a result, not only do people not see the amazingness that is ATLA, the sequel, ATLK, also got treated very poorly: relocation to online streaming only, leaks of episodes, you name it.

With such quality, it has the potential of having the type of followers that Star Wars/Trek, HP, Marvel/DC got. If only they had gotten the movie right.

I want revenge indeed.:hachimaki:

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/24/2023 at 8:31 AM, rockstaryuzu said:

Looks like a whole raft of Olympic skaters and former champions were really, really good sports and helped out with this:

I honestly can't wait to watch 🤣

I want to see it too!!! (throwing a tantrum).