Movie and TV Thread

Pamigena

The last movie I saw was Split with James McAvoy really good movie,

I'm fan of tv show The 100, I love it and it's become more exciting lately :yes:

I'm trying to finish watching Black mirror​ on Netflix too!

I'm fan of tv show The 100, I love it and it's become more exciting lately :yes:

I'm watching the second season of Sense8 now and I like The 100 too!

Anything SF, fantastic or supernatural, I'm in! :pbow:

What's the last movie you've seen? What movies or shows do you watch or what new seasons are you looking forward to?

You can talk anything not Yuri!On Ice, obviously :s_tongue there's a thread for that

I watched Elle (2016) few weeks ago. I like Isabelle Huppert and I'm thrilled that she won Golden Globe Best Actress (drama) for her role in the movie. Paul Verhoeven is known for portraying the power of sex in Basic Instinct and Showgirls. Elle is a nice 'return' to that theme. Isabelle is just amazing.

My recent viewing also included Omyoji (2001), the first of the two movies starring Mansai Nomura as the lead character Seimei. I was just blown away by Nomura-san's performance. I also saw Shin Godzilla (Godzilla Resurgence) (2016), where he played Godzilla through motion capture. This is probably the best Godzilla movie that's ever been made.

I'm watching the second season of Sense8 now and I like The 100 too!

Anything SF, fantastic or supernatural, I'm in! :pbow:

I love fantastic show too :) I actually wanted to watch sense8, The OA and Stranger Things as well after I finish Black mirror but it will take me a long time I think :cry:

My recent viewing also included Omyoji (2001), the first of the two movies starring Mansai Nomura as the lead character Seimei. I was just blown away by Nomura-san's performance. I also saw Shin Godzilla (Godzilla Resurgence) (2016), where he played Godzilla through motion capture. This is probably the best Godzilla movie that's ever been made.

He was Godzilla?! I had no idea! I first saw him in The Floating Castle (actually in Ran but I had no idea it was him) and thought he was fantastic. I was going through a Noh phase at the time and was very interested to find he was a kyougen actor. I then found some workshops he did at The Globe Theatre about Shakespeare on Youtube which were very interesting.

But then I saw The Orient Express and... everything else was perfect and what a shame. It was just bizarre. I suppose Shin Godzilla makes up for that a little bit. One of the only movies I've bothered to sit throgh more than once in a cinema.

(Please, Yuzu, we need a Godzilla program for the Olympics.)

I just want to say Twin Peaks is returning and praise be! :grin:

I'm currently rewatching the original one (i'm mid S2) and I was shocked to see how much I remember even tho I initially saw it more than a decade ago,it must've left quite an impression on me,more than I even realized at the time.B*b creeps me up beyond belief,I've legit had nightmares for a week now,and that damn music is so haunting,it plays in my head 24/7 ever since i started the rewatch :rofl2:

This morning I've seen the teaser for the new series and I thought it looked very good,so I'm now very hyped about it too.

I'm currently rewatching the original one (i'm mid S2) and I was shocked to see how much I remember even tho I initially saw it more than a decade ago,it must've left quite an impression on me,more than I even realized at the time.B*b creeps me up beyond belief,I've legit had nightmares for a week now,and that damn music is so haunting,it plays in my head 24/7 ever since i started the rewatch :rofl2:

This morning I've seen the teaser for the new series and I thought it looked very good,so I'm now very hyped about it too.

I think it's about 15 years since I first saw it by sneaking into my sister's university cinema studies class instead of going to school. They also showed Cop Rock that day so I was pretty pleased with my school skippery. I'm still too terrified to rewatch it. Every time I have I've missed about a year's worth of sleep. Although I've been eagerly following the news about the new series I don't think I can handle another 2 decades of nightmares. >_<

Lynchian fun time flashback: The man who ran our local milkbar looked just like Robert Blake in Lost Highway. Sometimes I'd cross him on my evening walks. I turned as pale as he was the first time it happened.

SparkleSalad said:
dd2_edge said:

He was Godzilla?! I had no idea! I first saw him in The Floating Castle (actually in Ran but I had no idea it was him) and thought he was fantastic. I was going through a Noh phase at the time and was very interested to find he was a kyougen actor. I then found some workshops he did at The Globe Theatre about Shakespeare on Youtube which were very interesting.

But then I saw The Orient Express and... everything else was perfect and what a shame. It was just bizarre. I suppose Shin Godzilla makes up for that a little bit. One of the only movies I've bothered to sit throgh more than once in a cinema.

(Please, Yuzu, we need a Godzilla program for the Olympics.)

He did quite some Shakespeare and he taught kids the Japanese language on TV. This NHK documentary is wonderful.

I also saw Scanner (2016) in which he plays a man who can read the memory of living people thro their personal items or trails. And his character is also a Manzai artist.

I will check out The Floating Castle, thanks! And save The Orient Express for the weekend:D

He will play an Ikenobo master of Ikebana (the Japanese art of flower arrangement) in a 2017 period movie Hanaikusa :pbow: 

I missed it when it was first aired on the local English channel but I remembered Agent Cooper and Audrey and Julee Cruise's angelic voice (and Joan Chen). I rented the movie but forgot everything except the dwarf......def checking it out this time (and a bit of catching up). Thanks!

Recent movies:

Arrival - totally awesome!

Hidden Figures- inspiring!

LaLa land- very disappointing. Mediocre singing and dancing from the two leads.

Fences - intense, kind of depressing.

TV - Bones, Law & Order, Planet Earth.

I watched every episode of Twin Peaks during its original run on television. Very strange but you can't stop watching!