Music Corner

Pamigena

20 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

:2thumbsup:

I love folk metal: Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Arkona, Heidevolk, Turisas, TYR💖💖💖💖(I love the vocalist. He's very nice and gives amazing hugssss) 

There's also Onmyouza 💖 they blend Judas priest with traditional Japanese music and they talk about oni, the afterlife and stuff in their lyrics.

But, I'm currently obsessed with miwa and Ed Sheeran (?!) HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Do you guys have a song that defined 2017 for you? Mine is definitely kotonoha by ayaka :laughing: (and P!nk's "What about us" in a minor way)

Sugar for the pill defined my year... Slowdive are one of my favourite bands from the early 1990's and they came back with a new and very good album after 22 years. The song is so melancholic and relaxing, I love it. :8430721:

Anyway, I haven't listened to many new music in 2017 and I only went to classical concerts, but I hope it will change a bit in the next year.

22 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

:2thumbsup:

I love folk metal: Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Arkona, Heidevolk, Turisas, TYR💖💖💖💖

I was at an In extremo concert yesterday. It was brillant. There's sth about the combo of bagpipes etc With heavy guitars. 

3 hours ago, Sayu93 said:

I was at an In extremo concert yesterday. It was brillant. There's sth about the combo of bagpipes etc With heavy guitars. 

Yeah, there's something about the blend of folk instruments with heavy elements.

I've heard music with a lot of accordion all my life (it's an integral part of northern Mexican folk music.) But listening to how the Finn's took humppa and added heavy metal to that was amazing. And then there's this:

I just love it ha ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

For those who like it and have an https://fujitv.live/fujitv# account (or still have their free trial day):

on Jan.10th WOWOWライブ played the following live concerts in the evening/nighttime:

Yoshiki Classic Special feat Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra

X Japan world tour 2017 Acoustic

MUCC 20th Anniversary Live Nippon Budoukan (they are one of my favourite bands, but I know some find them a bit too peculiar. They play all kinds of rockmusic (mostly the harder variety))

If I understood fujitv correctly they should still be available to view for a few days (they said sth about 6 days playback) as of now they are still available

37 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

For those who like it and have an https://fujitv.live/fujitv# account (or still have their free trial day):

on Jan.10th WOWOWライブ played the following live concerts in the evening/nighttime:

Yoshiki Classic Special feat Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra

X Japan world tour 2017 Acoustic

MUCC 20th Anniversary Live Nippon Budoukan (they are one of my favourite bands, but I know some find them a bit too peculiar. They play all kinds of rockmusic (mostly the harder variety))

If I understood fujitv correctly they should still be available to view for a few days (they said sth about 6 days playback) as of now they are still available

THANK YOU:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, Sayu93 said:

No Problem sister of my musical heart. An aqaintance of mine told a group of us about this and I thought that a few people on the planet might be interested. :10742289:

:10742289:

OMG THEY ALSO PLAYED A MAAYA SAKAMOTO LIVE AND SHE'S LIKE, THE HOLDER OF MY MUSICAL HEART FOREVERJ AFOJWEOIJGAO

CACTUS IS LOSING ITS MOISTURE BC IT'S SHEDDING TEARS

12 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

:10742289:

OMG THEY ALSO PLAYED A MAAYA SAKAMOTO LIVE AND SHE'S LIKE, THE HOLDER OF MY MUSICAL HEART FOREVERJ AFOJWEOIJGAO

CACTUS IS LOSING ITS MOISTURE BC IT'S SHEDDING TEARS

Haven't gotten so far as to check out the rest, but I'm happy you're pleased. :2thumbsup:

On 31.12.2017 at 2:00 PM, sallycinnamon said:

Sugar for the pill defined my year... Slowdive are one of my favourite bands from the early 1990's and they came back with a new and very good album after 22 years. The song is so melancholic and relaxing, I love it. :8430721:

Anyway, I haven't listened to many new music in 2017 and I only went to classical concerts, but I hope it will change a bit in the next year.

That's a nice Song.

Somehow I'm reminded of Buck-Tick, especially of their more atmospheric soundscapy Songs like Dress or Gessekai. 

If you want to check them out, the following video gives a nice overview imo. Yes it's Song snippets but you can get a good feel of the band and choose where to go from there 

Sry if I spammed a bit... 

On 2018. 01. 12. at 12:37 AM, Sayu93 said:

That's a nice Song.

Somehow I'm reminded of Buck-Tick, especially of their more atmospheric soundscapy Songs like Dress or Gessekai. 

If you want to check them out, the following video gives a nice overview imo. Yes it's Song snippets but you can get a good feel of the band and choose where to go from there 

Sry if I spammed a bit... 

Thanks for sharing!! how is it spam in a music thread :laughing: I like their early stuff, it seems like they were influenced by noise pop and punk/post-punk of the era. Slowdive's music in the 1980s was influenced by noise,  so that's were the similarities come from! I'll definitely check their music out, it looks that they have lots of albums from the late 80s and early 90s.

Btw, I'm now reading a book about the history of 1990s pop-rock music'  (it has every kind of music in it, except classical and jazz) Previously I already went through 1920s-1980s :happy: It's good to learn some things about different types of music, artists, bands, how the music industry works, with some political, sociological and cultural background too.