Sign in to follow this  
Pamigena

Music Corner

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

This is so melancholic and yet so strong.  

Fay   
14 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

29 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

Fay   
3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

It's the way she makes this doleful music and her diction meld together. I don't know so many other singers who can do that 

Puniyo   
18 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh thanks for the suggestion! I'm completely smitten by her vocals. I'll check more of her songs tomorrow :)

>Hallelujah

My favourite voice. Apparently this is being studied for GCSE and that makes me feel a bit old even though I was still quite a tiny thing when this came out. 

And the origin of the song. (Jeff sure did wonders with it.)

19 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

>Hallelujah

My favourite voice. Apparently this is being studied for GCSE and that makes me feel a bit old even though I was still quite a tiny thing when this came out. 

And the origin of the song. (Jeff sure did wonders with it.)

I like the song (especially the album version). Fortunately where I come from it wasn't overplayed back then...

Great album, too. First I really couldn't get into 'Grace' but after I listened to it again, it suddenly clicked and then I bought it and I love it ever since.

It's good that British kids learn about things like this at school.