Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pamigena

Music Corner

Recommended Posts

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

This is so melancholic and yet so strong.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fay   
14 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

This is so melancholic and yet so strong.  

 

 

 

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

 

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fay   
3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

 

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

 

It's the way she makes this doleful music and her diction meld together. I don't know so many other singers who can do that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Puniyo   
18 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

This is so melancholic and yet so strong.  

 

 

Oh thanks for the suggestion! I'm completely smitten by her vocals. I'll check more of her songs tomorrow :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

>Hallelujah

 

My favourite voice. Apparently this is being studied for GCSE and that makes me feel a bit old even though I was still quite a tiny thing when this came out. 

 

 

 

And the origin of the song. (Jeff sure did wonders with it.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

 

 

>Hallelujah

 

My favourite voice. Apparently this is being studied for GCSE and that makes me feel a bit old even though I was still quite a tiny thing when this came out. 

 

 

 

And the origin of the song. (Jeff sure did wonders with it.)

 

 

I like the song (especially the album version). Fortunately where I come from it wasn't overplayed back then...

Great album, too. First I really couldn't get into 'Grace' but after I listened to it again, it suddenly clicked and then I bought it and I love it ever since.

 

It's good that British kids learn about things like this at school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×