Music Corner

Pamigena

• 3 weeks later...

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

This is so melancholic and yet so strong.  

14 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Just feeling to live up this thread by sharing a Russian song I've completely fallen in love with since a few months ago. I stopped listening to it and found it again tonight. 

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

29 minutes ago, Fay said:

Ah, Zemfira, haven't heard her for ages! She's great - one of the originals....

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, I'm not sure if it's specifically her voice or her voice and Russian combined, but she totally has me bewitched. I wish I could know more Russian artists, the language is so musical, even more than Italian, imo. 

It's the way she makes this doleful music and her diction meld together. I don't know so many other singers who can do that 

18 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Oh thanks for the suggestion! I'm completely smitten by her vocals. I'll check more of her songs tomorrow :)

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

>Hallelujah

My favourite voice. Apparently this is being studied for GCSE and that makes me feel a bit old even though I was still quite a tiny thing when this came out. 

And the origin of the song. (Jeff sure did wonders with it.)

I like the song (especially the album version). Fortunately where I come from it wasn't overplayed back then...

Great album, too. First I really couldn't get into 'Grace' but after I listened to it again, it suddenly clicked and then I bought it and I love it ever since.

It's good that British kids learn about things like this at school. 

I'm mostly in the same corner as hydro: predominantly Rock+Metal plus Jmusic and classical. I also enjoy some Live Jazz and Blues und Folk/Folkrock

My Favourite Bands/Musician: Metal: Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Blind Guardian; Folk/Medieval-Rock/Metal: In Extremo, Saltatio Mortis, Subway to Sally, Korpiklaani; Jmusic: Mucc, Buck-Tick, Wagakki-Band; Classical: Beethoven, Mozart(I love the Requiem; And I hate the pronounciation of some people on youtube who try to sing "der Hölle Rache"); 

Album wise I think Saltatio Mortis are working on new stuff at the moment so it would be theirs am looking forward to.

At the Moment I'm mostly shuffling through my old Ipod.though in bit of a Mucc phase today.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
В 28/08/2017 в 00:45, Murieleirum сказал:

Zemfira is truly iconic. I was listening her songs from my early teens (with good half of Russian, probably). If you like her, try Surganova or Arbenina also (both were members of "Night Snipers" band, but Surganova left it). This is also Russian rock. Not so unique, but not bad too.

• 4 weeks later...

I like music in general, i listen all kind. 70-80s rock, pop, kpop (Teen Top (big fan, i even went to korea twice and attend their concerts), AKMU,  Ailee), jpop (from animes generally), rap, jazz, classic (i play piano so bach, chopin, mozart, tchaikovsky etc), metal everything

On 10.05.2017 at 1:54 AM, Puniyo said:

Thanks to the recommendations in other threads, I'm kind of obsessed with Ludovico Einaudi's music. I giorni, stella del martini, experience, all of these are in constant loop when I'm working.

Thanks to P&G Olympics commertials i get to know Ludovico Einaudi, i even play Divenire its my favourite of him

For a while now I've thought this song would be beautiful for Yuzuru to skate to in some way, although it is very sad. It is one of my favourite songs from Jonghyun, capturing his voice so beautifully and creating such a vivid feeling whenever I listen to it.

I don't know if I can ever listen to this song again without crying. The singer committed suicide today. He was only 27.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to share this beautiful song.

edit: I know I just used the word beautiful like a million times but I honestly can;t think right now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/9/2017 at 4:28 AM, Sayu93 said:

Korpiklaani

:2thumbsup:

I love folk metal: Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, Finntroll, Arkona, Heidevolk, Turisas, TYR💖💖💖💖(I love the vocalist. He's very nice and gives amazing hugssss) 

There's also Onmyouza 💖 they blend Judas priest with traditional Japanese music and they talk about oni, the afterlife and stuff in their lyrics.

But, I'm currently obsessed with miwa and Ed Sheeran (?!) HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Do you guys have a song that defined 2017 for you? Mine is definitely kotonoha by ayaka :laughing: (and P!nk's "What about us" in a minor way)