Music Corner

Pamigena

Classical music :coffee:

I love Dvorak, Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Schumann, Chopin, Beethoven, Bach, Haydn, Handel... But then, don't forget the female composers, like Clara Schumann, Amy Beach, Fanny Mendelssohn.... :goe:

And i like film music (and anime music)- there we have John Williams, Hans Zimmer, Taro Iwashiro, Yuki Kajiura, Joe Hisaishi....

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 01:01, guitarist said:

Ok, good, it'll be easier to make that way. I'll let you know when (if?) I finish it!

I know I'm too late but you can also send it to me too?:snonegai: I do not know how to compose or arrange but I read some sheet music and tabs. I find tabs easier. I think I'm still at a basic level. I'm a little sad about having to take a little break with my guitar.:sadPooh:

I like rock, pop music a lot, I like Sia songs, music from Glee and games soundtracks or main themes like from kingdom hearts, metal gear, but right now I'm become a more obsessed fan of One Ok Rock, and feeling lucky because I found out that they're coming for a concert in my country in September:party0019::665e343793b9:

6 hours ago, kitsune said:

I can not get this song out of my head.

I know it's an opening for an anime but it's a very beautiful song and a little nostalgic for me.

Most of my Jpop input comes from anime and some of them are actually pretty good and of very high quality ^^

On 5/22/2017 at 22:48, kitsune said:

I know I'm too late but you can also send it to me too?:snonegai: I do not know how to compose or arrange but I read some sheet music and tabs. I find tabs easier. I think I'm still at a basic level. I'm a little sad about having to take a little break with my guitar.:sadPooh:

Oh, sure, I'll send it to you when I'm done. I actually haven't done much, I've been so busy these past few days (graduation weekend!) that I haven't even been on here at all. But yes! For sure!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Movie and manga and soundtrack obsession and recommendation: AKIRA

I'd give all my seven arms for a program made from this. You can stream it here:

https://archive.org/details/AKIRAOriginalSoundtrack/

Features elements of Noh music for anyone whose interest was piqued by SEIMEI. Also chants of "rassera!" from the Nebuta festival in Aomori Prefecture.

Tracks are out of order but here is the right order:

1. Kaneda

2. Battle Against Clown

3. Winds Over The Neo-Tokyo

4. Tetsuo

5. Dolls' Polyphony

6. Shohmyoh

7. Mutation

8. Exodus From The Underground Fortress

9. Illusion

10. Requiem

The group that made it is really interesting, even if you don't like their music. From wikipedia:

Geinoh Yamashirogumi is a Japanese musical collective founded on January 19, 1974 by Tsutomu Ōhashi, consisting of hundreds of people from all walks of life: journalists, doctors, engineers, students, businessmen, etc.

They are known for both their faithful re-creations of folk music from around the world, as well as their fusion of various traditional musical styles with modern instrumentation and synthesizers.