Hey, remember us?

Swissinfo channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/swissinfojapanese/videos) has been uploading a series of interviews with Lambiel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPKthdxkJAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcDFw3qkJH4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NxjvmIriLg

I tried to translate the last one from Japanese sub, but some of the things he says in the video must have been lost here. I’ll appreciate if anyone understands French would correct me.

“Coaching is more like a passion for me”

Teaching is one of my jobs, but for me it’s more like a passion now, because teaching also demands your full engagement. Figure skating is very emotional sport. Figure skaters are all sensitive, full of personality and very emotional. To be able to bring out their personality as a coach is fascinating, but at the same time you have to absorb negative things for them and encourage them to develop their potential. For me working with Deniss is sheer pleasure and enjoyment. Seeing him working on his assignment every day on the ice transmits his energy to us. Obviously I devote much of myself to this job, but he is the one who has to work hard, and I hope I’ll be able to raise him up as high as possible.

19 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Teaching is one of my jobs, but for me it’s more like a passion now, because teaching also demands your full engagement. Figure skating is very emotional sport. Figure skaters are all sensitive, full of personality and very emotional. To be able to bring out their personality as a coach is fascinating, it means that you have to absorb negative things for them and push and encourage them to develop their potential. For me working with Deniss is sheer pleasure and enjoyment. Seeing him working every day on the ice on the assignments I give him... And yes, seeing all this energy transiting between us. It's true I have to give much of myself to this job, but he is the one who has to work hard, and I hope I’ll be able to raise him up as high as possible.

(your translation is good, I just corrected some very minor details)

Thank you so much, Altie! :thankyou::loveshower:

Especially in this part I can understand what he says here more clearly with your corrections.

2 時間前, Altie said:

For me working with Deniss is sheer pleasure and enjoyment. Seeing him working every day on the ice on the assignments I give him... And yes, seeing all this energy transiting between us.

Stéphane has been a great teacher for many Japanese skaters. Most of them gained confidence after taking his lessons and became stronger skaters. I still want to see him as a skater but also hope he will succeed as a coach, too.:fingerscrossed:

23 hours ago, sweetwater said:

A little quick transcription of the first interview :

(Stéphane Lambiel)

"I've got many memories of Mao. I remember Mao, very young, and already on the international level, with such power, such energy, and an incredible triple axel... She was super small (he means in an endearing way), she had a big smile, and she already could do some things as well as the top level skaters. And I think before the Turin Olympics she had already won the GRand Prix Final, and people were talking a lot about Mao - I think from this moment until her r****ment, she remained very consistant, very focused, full of passion, with a great work ethic. She's a very beautiful skater, but also a very powerful skater, an incredible technician. I loved her, I think she's an example for everyone. Not only for Japan, not only for the young people - she's really an example to follow, for the longevity of her career, for her work ethic, and for her beauty."

(in the second interview he explains why he r****d in 2010. He talks a lot about his injury problems in 2008 and 2010, how hard it was, the fear from the unknown. Then he talks about his life now, the fact that he's in a new chapter from his life - as a coach and as a pro skater.

The end of the interview is cute : he explains that this rink is his childhood rink, the place where he skated from 7 years old. And the exact place where he is in this interview was the place where his mother called him from, when he was making mistakes, or when he was training not enough or too much.)

9 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Seems like Hyoen was an event related to Tokyo2020, which shows Japanese culture in collaboration with sports. According to this site an English sub-ed version of this show will be aired in the future.

Yay! Wish it could have had Yuzu in it, but yay nonetheless!

5 minutes ago, Puniyo said:

If the show is a success, they might do more editions in the future or develop other storylines (with Yuzuru + bow hopefully) 

The pink bow? LOL :pbow:

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

The pink bow? LOL :pbow:

A real bow with arrows and all... haha! Daisuke uses a sword if I'm not wrong so I thought Yuzuru could honor his name and use a bow :P

Pink bow :rofl::rofl:... only if it matches his costume :ugly004:

1 minute ago, Puniyo said:

A real bow with arrows and all... haha! Daisuke uses a sword if I'm not wrong so I thought Yuzuru could honor his name and use a bow :P

Pink bow :rofl::rofl:... only if it matches his costume :ugly004:

I know, I just couldn't miss this chance to joke! :smiley-taunt014: He'd look fantastic with the pink bow!