Hey, remember us?

On 11/3/2021 at 8:39 PM, sweetwater said:

Here, the number of cases is a lot lower than that of this summer, but Nobu's case reminded me of how tricky the virus was. Hope the situation in your country gets better. Take care and stay healthy :grouphug:

Thank you so much @sweetwater for your

kind words :tumblr_inline_n18qraikFP1qid2nw:

Interview with Stephane Lambiel

• 3 weeks later...

Interview with Max Aaron

Max Aaron: ‘Always give 100 percent, every single day.’

https://figureskatersonline.com/news/2021/11/30/max-aaron-always-give-100-percent-every-single-day/

Although Aaron was recognized for his quad jumps, he doesn’t necessarily emphasize quads in his teaching. “Keep an open mind, is what I tell these skaters,” Aaron said. “Everyone has their own path. And it’s not truly about the quads. Yes, quads are definitely a point-grabber. But you look at skaters like Jason Brown. Yeah, he can do a quad. But he doesn’t necessarily even need a quad. He brings another value to the sport, and a different angle, from his artistic side and his athleticism in his spins, where he grabs those points. Yes, the quads are cool. But there’s a million different ways to become the best.”

Guest turquoiseblue
22 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

How horrible... I'm praying for him. 

‘Next 4 days most dangerous’ for Olympic champ left with brain injury by horrific attack

The 32-year-old is being cared for by neurologists at the Botkin Hospital in Moscow following an alleged assault outside a venue in the city when he is said to have become embroiled in a horrifying altercation.

Girlfriend Anna Sidorova, the European curling champion who Soloviev is said to have been defending at the time, has now revealed that the 2014 Olympic gold medalist has a brain hematoma amid reports that three men have been detained and are facing years in prison over the alleged incident.

"His condition is still difficult," Sidorova told her thousands of worried fans on Instagram.

"Communication with him is very limited – doctors forbid him to communicate more often than once or twice a day.

"He says he wants to sleep all the time and his head continues to hurt. The next four days are the most dangerous because even doctors cannot predict changes in hematoma in the brain."

"I am simply amazed how Dima continued to remain calm," she reportedly added.

"Even at the moment when he was repeatedly bullied and beaten, he understood that this is not how issues are resolved in the civilized world."

His attackers, who were said to have been involved in a skirmish purportedly captured by video footage that circulated on social media, could face between five and 12 years behind bars, depending on the extent of his injuries.

Sidorova offered gratitude on behalf of the couple in her update. "We are extremely pleased that so many people care," she said. "For us now, everyone's support is really important and valuable.

"Together with you, I send all my strength to Dima. The most important thing is that he now gets better.

"I am still in a state of shock. [There have been] an insane number of calls from the media.

"I ask you to understand that, so far, it has not been possible to answer everyone and express words of gratitude personally. I hug everyone and thank you."

Guest turquoiseblue

Update on Dmitri Soloviev

Менеджер Соловьева сообщила подробности о состоянии избитого фигуриста

DeepL translation

The condition of 2014 Olympic figure skating champion Dmitry Solovyov, who was attacked, remains unchanged, the athlete's manager Elena Bolotova told RIA Novosti.

"So far (Solovyov's condition) is unchanged. Headache and weakness," Bolotova said.

Суд арестовал напавших на фигуриста Соловьёва

DeepL translation

Suspects in the beating of Olympic figure skating champion Dmitry Solovyov have been arrested in Moscow. The decision was made by the Tagansky District Court on the petition of an inquirer. Students Vladislav Smirnov and Vladislav Yakovtsev will remain in the pre-trial detention center until at least January 21, 2022, the press service of the courts of general jurisdiction said. The young men are under investigation in a criminal case of intentional infliction of average harm to health. 

Guest turquoiseblue

Update on Dmitri Soloviev

He has posted a message on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CX34BC-snGY/

DeepL translation

My dear family, friends, colleagues, and viewers! My gratitude to you is boundless! Your support and love give me strength to fight! I sincerely thank my doctors for their professionalism and efficiency! Special thanks to Tatiana Navka @tatiana_navka for immediate help and faith in me! My condition is stable now. I am determined to defeat this injury and hope to return to you as soon as possible!

A big thank you to everyone who is there right now! I am doing my best every day to follow doctor's advice and do everything they tell me to live a full life again and do everything I've planned.

Many thanks to Vasya Konov @vasilykonov, Tina Kandelaki @tina_kandelaki and all the media for the correct attitude.

My best girl, Anyuta @curlme_anna, your support, love and care do wonders! All the time around, in touch with the doctors, goodies for the hospital and endless more help! I had no idea you had so much strength in you!

Lenochka @nashalena, my director, if it were not for you, no one would have known about this story, because originally none of us wanted any publicity, but now I understand that it was right. People need to see how things are in life, how one should and should not behave, by the example of others. Every action comes with responsibility.

And of course, Mommy! Thank you for everything! I promise to come to you first thing after the hospital and give you a big hug!

Guest turquoiseblue
13 hours ago, turquoiseblue said:

:clap:

Olympic champ who was beaten up in Moscow discharged from hospital
28 Dec, 2021

"The information was updated today at nine in the morning. The general condition is satisfactory, breathing is normal, the pressure is 127 to 75, the pulse is 75," a spokesperson from the Botkin Hospital said of Soloviev.

However, per an update from Soloviev's manager, Elena Bolotova, he was discharged from hospital on Tuesday - but she cautioned that the ice dancing star is not yet out of the woods.

"Today [Dmitri] was discharged," announced Bolotova.

"He himself very much asked about this discharge, the doctors went to meet him. Everything possible is being done so that he can take part in ice shows in the near future, but here he will need the support of doctors who will be with him. I know for sure that he still has needles there. So far this is still serious."