Hey, remember us?

On 8/14/2020 at 2:36 AM, memae said:

On Insta he mentioned in reply to a comment that he wants to do Yuzu's (and he wrote 'Yuzu' not Hanyu or Yuzuru, bless him)step sequence from his 2018 SP. I think it's a really nice way of him to pay homage to the programs he loved of other skaters over the years. 

you mean from Chopin? lol, i don't think he can do it tbh

On 8/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Aw that's very sweet. IMO Yuna was the better skater in ways that Mao couldn't really control (better technique on jumps), but Mao was always treated very unfairly.

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

you mean from Chopin? lol, i don't think he can do it tbh

I think he meant 2018-2019, so Otonal. Both are ridiculous. The only step sequences in history they can compare to is each other. Still, seems like a fun and inspired endeavour.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:49 AM, yuzuangel said:

Aw that's very sweet. IMO Yuna was the better skater in ways that Mao couldn't really control (better technique on jumps), but Mao was always treated very unfairly.

It's not even just 'very sweet' - it's a glowing example of good sportsmanship, which is always wonderful to see but especially so in figure skating because of all the heightened drama and media fuss to build up bitter 'rivalries' for the sake of views. 

On 8/28/2020 at 2:10 PM, Fay said:

Meanwhile Brian looks as if he’s hurt his foot. But blimey, does he live in a paradise? 

Sort of. I think all these pics are from his cottage (I guess in Russia, the equivalent would be a dacha? Not sure), which is located in the Muskokas, which is probably Canada's best known summer home/ summer holiday region. I love the Muskokas - they really are a kind of outdoors paradise - and they're not far from Toronto at all. 

Further reference:

https://www.discovermuskoka.ca/