Hey, remember us?

42 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Narumi Takahashi (former JPN pairs) has switched to ice hockey!

I was hoping she'd help/get involved with developing pairs for Japan but good luck to her new path!

Is she serious? Wow! 

According to the article, Narumi has been playing hockey since last spring and has already taken part in competitions. She said she had been interested in the sport since when she started skating at the age of 3. She loves the speed, playing with teammates, the way players strategically change their playing style according to their opponent.

Although she's a hockey player now, she worked for Fuji as a commentator for pairs' event at Worlds Saitama. She is a very brilliant person with many talents so I think we still have a chance of seeing her getting involved with figure skating in the future.

Former singles skater Miyu Nakashio, on the other hand, is joining Cirque du Soleil this summer. Wishing her good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, Fay said:

Elena Ilyinikh is going to dance in Polunin’s drama ballet Rasputin. She’s going to be the Empress. The premiere is to take place in London. 

Does Ilyinikh have ballet pedigree? I can't find it on her wikipedia page, and seems strange that they would hire her without any. She's obviously better than supposed "balletic" skaters, but still interested in finding out.

On 6/5/2019 at 4:03 PM, hoodie axel said:

Does Ilyinikh have ballet pedigree? I can't find it on her wikipedia page, and seems strange that they would hire her without any. She's obviously better than supposed "balletic" skaters, but still interested in finding out.

I don’t know but Polunin’s ballet was pretty criticised here in the UK. A lot of people found it distasteful that he danced shirtless showing his Putin tattoo :S