Hey, remember us?

Daria, Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov’s daughter, skating. She never took skating competitively as far as I’m aware (although she skated with her mum and little sister Liza at the Kristi Yamaguchi Friends & Family show in 2005). Liza, Katia’s daughter with Ilia Kulik, is a competitive skater in the US.

3 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

huh. I wonder why she's going with Gordeeva.  I thought she was Grinkova when she was a child.

Maybe she feels more connected to that side of her family or maybe it’s just more convenient in the US to have the same surname as her mum since her sister already has a different surname.

But she does post about Sergei from time to time and clearly cherishes their memories together.

Gordeeva never changed her surname. You don’t have to change it when you get married, you can, but it’s not an obligation in Russia. My mother also stayed with her maiden name. 

Frankly, it’s just too much bother, legally. Bestemyanova is married to Bobrin and stays Bestemyanova. Bobrova is married to Deputat, but she’s Bobrova. etc etc etc. 

6 minutes ago, Fay said:

Gordeeva never changed her surname. You don’t have to change it when you get married, you can, but it’s not an obligation in Russia. My mother also stayed with her maiden name. 

Frankly, it’s just too much bother, legally. Bestemyanova is married to Bobrin and stays Bestemyanova. Bobrova is married to Deputat, but she’s Bobrova. etc etc etc. 

OCL was talking about their daughter. I have no clue if she ever went with Grinkova. Or was their daughter always Gordeeva, too?

9 hours ago, hoodie axel said:

OCL was talking about their daughter. I have no clue if she ever went with Grinkova. Or was their daughter always Gordeeva, too?

When she was born she was def Grinkova, but I don’t know when she changed to Gordeeva. Probably when she was 18?

On 4/20/2019 at 10:10 PM, anski said:

When she was born she was def Grinkova, but I don’t know when she changed to Gordeeva. Probably when she was 18?

I think legally she's still Grinkova-Gordeeva, as you can see it in her instagram bio. Probably for practical reasons she uses Gordeeva in her IG username.

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Aljona Savchenko is going to have a baby! 

Congratulations to Aliona and Liam! I hope she'll have a safe pregnancy :)