Hey, remember us?

It's just great that at least in Japan - (maybe other places? ) there is still life in skating after r****ment from competition.  Also thankfully an internet on which we can all see it.

I really like the new look - many many thanks for all the work put into it

Just now, sublimeskating said:

that's awesome! i love how you can express your feelings for the person by calling them different names.  that's really cool!  wish we had this in english!

That you can - and you can show disdain, displeasure with them too. Or just friendly feelings. Camaraderie. There are quite a few options. 

3 hours ago, xeyra said:

Here's Tatsuki Machida's new self-choreographed program, Don Quixote: Basil's Glory, which he performed at Prince Ice World in Yokohama. For someone who hasn't skated for a while, his triples are quite amazing. 

:bow:those lines! and a triple lutz (?, I'm still a baby at telling jumps apart) before even starting, so Extra, I love it.

14 hours ago, xeyra said:

Here's Tatsuki Machida's new self-choreographed program, Don Quixote: Basil's Glory, which he performed at Prince Ice World in Yokohama. For someone who hasn't skated for a while, his triples are quite amazing. 

Machida is a genius. Every skater needs to watch this fully-realized artistic performance. Yuzu needs to watch this. What Tatsuki achieved is his ideal of jumps as transitions. Even the doubles are impressive. Because of how they are placed in the choreography. It is the expression of the program as a whole that is so compelling, not any one element. He has so much control and verve. My husband always laughs at me when I applaud my laptop as if someone could hear me clapping. But I've admired him for a long time. I've even thought, 2014 could have had a different WC...

The next time someone says Nathan Chen is balletic, I can point them to this video.

On 5/10/2017 at 00:27, SydneyH said:

make-up , change of costume , 9mn long , drama Machi is all I need in my life :devil:

I have no idea what it is about, but just the above makes me excited beyond words. I think I desperately need this in my life, like yesterday!

edit: and there is the video?! Awesome! Wonder why it didn't show up before I posted my reply... Looks like my iphone has some issues with the layout of the pages.

20 hours 時間前, xeyra said:

Thank you for sharing. According to commentary by Junko Yaginuma, he worked as hard as he used to in his competitive days to prepare for this show.

Speaking of SOI, I couldn't stop watching Jeremy Abbott's program, fancam shows speed and flow so much better

I know he's not officially r****ed but current status is ambiguous. I've read somewhere that he wants to return to competition just because that offers him more opportunities to perform in front of audiences?? That's so sad...that would never happen in Japan. I really liked his skating and his programs.

Too bad we don't have all the pro competitions anymore. Shizuka could have won so many titles with the content she kept up. When I watch the Japan Open, I frequently like the r****d skaters even better than the current competitors. Joannie Rochette was great in 2013. As were Jeremy and Nobu last year.